The Collector's Trove Presents The Robert J Kuntz Collection
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:44 pm 

OK, this is getting serious... first I get nudged by a "smallrockpile" :?, then Ian, then a bidder who means "business". ;)
eBay.com Item Bid History

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:54 pm 

thats it ian and david - spend loads and loads and loads and then bankrupt yourselves so i can buy all your JG stuff off you both :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:57 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:I've finally had that road to Damascus moment.

"Finally"?? 8O

You feeling OK, John?
<...>
Good, glad to hear that! :)

Well finally for now! :wink: Until I've had to sleep on it and change my mind again.
harami2000 wrote:
(Privately, I'm already feeling sorry for Allan, for when Paul closes tomorrow's auctions early to the highest bidder, and he ends up with a $6k bill. :P).

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
harami2000 wrote:OK, this is getting serious... first I get nudged by a "smallrockpile" :?, then Ian, then a bidder who means "business". ;)

If its any consolation, I cancelled my snipe on this.  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:10 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Just my opinion, of course, but this one seems to be the gem of the collection (thus far!). Too often we forget the true meanings of words like "rare" and "vintage". (And provenance! See, I'm learning here...) Also unfortunate that I don't have the $$$. :cry:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8&rd=1

I'm giving away a good source for d&d material here, but this book usually goes for less than $10, in very good condition:

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/Refine ... dering=ASC

And ex-library books usually take another 50%+ hit in value.  Hmmm, I just noticed that my local library has a full set of 1st & 2nd generation d&d books....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:42 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(Privately, I'm already feeling sorry for Allan, for when Paul closes tomorrow's auctions early to the highest bidder, and he ends up with a $6k bill. :P).

LOL.  I think that by the close of the day that its much more likely that you'll be feeling sorry for me because I didn't end up winning anything than that I'll be broke ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:54 pm 

enkidu wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Just my opinion, of course, but this one seems to be the gem of the collection (thus far!). Too often we forget the true meanings of words like "rare" and "vintage". (And provenance! See, I'm learning here...) Also unfortunate that I don't have the $$$. :cry:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8&rd=1

I'm giving away a good source for d&d material here, but this book usually goes for less than $10, in very good condition:

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/Refine ... dering=ASC

And ex-library books usually take another 50%+ hit in value. Hmmm, I just noticed that my local library has a full set of 1st & 2nd generation d&d books....

You're not the first person to mention that.  I was referring to the particular copy on auction, however.  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:00 pm 

Who the heck is this spivminder guy? Guy has 1 feedback in 3 years on EBay and he just got that a week ago, yet he has won quite a few of the RJK auctions and for some serious money at that. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:11 pm 

Well, I won something, so I'm happy.  :)   Though I do feel oddly "dirty" -- my first quasi-snipe ever, with only 6m52s to go...  :lol:  

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 5200508941

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:18 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Well, I won something, so I'm happy. :) Though I do feel oddly "dirty" -- my first quasi-snipe ever, with only 6m52s to go... :lol:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 5200508941

Nice. :D

Well, tonights craziness is over, I can't for tommorow night when things get really out of control with all the tournament and Greyhawk Castle auctions finishing up. 8O Christ the Burntwire brothers even came up short tonight. 8O 8O 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:19 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Well, I won something, so I'm happy. :)  Though I do feel oddly "dirty" -- my first quasi-snipe ever, with only 6m52s to go... :lol:
[/url]

Well done Demios!  I like how Allan won the litty ditty ... I wonder if he will sing to us now  :lol

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:20 pm 

Look at this guy, he is going crazy now, WTF? :?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
bclarkie wrote: Welcome to eBay

Who the heck is this spivminder guy? Guy has 1 feedback in 3 years on EBay and he just got that a week ago, yet he has one quite a few of the RJK auctions and for some serious money at that. :?

Look at this guy, he is going crazy now, WTF? :?

I have sent him an email ... maybe we have a new member for our forum.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:57 pm 

I don't know him, although several RJK/GH fans/collectors did write to me over the course of the auctions.  I hope he/she decides to join us.

I was kind of surprised that the Domesday book sold so cheaply, and that the 1975 GenCon tourney also didn't go for more....

As for the song, I'm sure I'll add it to my GH site.  I don't sing well, although my wife does, so perhaps I'll be able to arrange my first GH multimedia download :D :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:Welcome to eBay
Who the heck is this spivminder guy? Guy has 1 feedback in 3 years on EBay and he just got that a week ago, yet he has won quite a few of the RJK auctions and for some serious money at that. :?

Oh, with just a "little" bit of pushing from the underbidder, in some cases...

grodog wrote:I was kind of surprised that the Domesday book sold so cheaply, and that the 1975 GenCon tourney also didn't go for more....

Somewhat as expected, though, due to the format. (i.e. "too much" at once, most of the serious money items towards the end).

*nods*. I would have bid/paid quite a lot more for a few of those items as "one offs", but look at my bidding sheet;
Welcome to eBay
($2,500 of my snipes actually registered on eBay: if more than a few of the big ones had "landed", it was goodbye summer holiday and/or "round 2").

As it was, that made for some "bargains" in the lowballing department.

For example, $68 for the first Sorceror's Scroll ms.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5200495294
(well done Mike; wish I could've bid higher! ;))

Or $21 for Ayelarach. (Thought you had a chance there, Allan, so left well alone).

Picked up one or two that way myself, anyhow.
Think my best one had to be the "Wand of Fogs" ms. at $21 (one of the earliest magic items and some very interesting looking 1973-74 "stats" on the "monster").
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5200499976

Thanks, Paul. Shall we say that was an "interesting" experience...? :D

As for the next batch...

grodog wrote:As for the song, I'm sure I'll add it to my GH site. I don't sing well, although my wife does, so perhaps I'll be able to arrange my first GH multimedia download :D :D

*lol* :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:20 am 

harami2000 wrote:Oh, with just a "little" bit of pushing from the underbidder, in some cases...

Now that's just silly money for a piece of hex paper with very little on it. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:49 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Oh, with just a "little" bit of pushing from the underbidder, in some cases...

Amen :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:36 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

I don't wanna criticize the auctions, but this thought occured to me too.  

In terms of content, even I could have drawn better maps/character sheets/etc than some of these...but that's not where the value lies, of course.  It's in who made them, when, and why.  Obviously some people are going to go crazy over this stuff more than others...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:57 am 

deimos3428 wrote:In terms of content, even I could have drawn better maps/character sheets/etc than some of these...but that's not where the value lies, of course. It's in who made them, when, and why. Obviously some people are going to go crazy over this stuff more than others...

And it is for that reason that we all await the publication of Badmike's  Undiscovered Undermountain campaign.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext