Question About Your Copy(ies) of Greyhawk Ruins (WGR1)
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:54 pm 

The other day I discovered a second printing of Greyhawk Ruins (WGR1), which I submitted to the Acaeum:  "Second (1991):  Gold Angled TSR logo on rear cover and on module booklet cover.  Module booklet cover states "Reprint Nov 91".  The first map in the module has an elevation color key, showing the various colors from the map (red, pink, orange, yellow, light yellow, light olive green, dark olive green, dark purple, light purple), indicating that each represents 5 feet of elevation with red as the highest. This explains the strangely colored maps from this module."   This copy was from the TSR office and the interior paper is much more glossy than that of the 1st printing which made me wonder if the second printing was ever mass printed. I have checked a few other copies but have only found 1st printings.   I am wondering if anyone else has a copy of the 2nd printing?  Cheers, Curt CGOULD42

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:15 am 

Ok, this is really odd. As far as I can tell, I've got a 2nd printing, but I can't see the Reprint info anywhere.  It's got the Gold angled TSR logo. It's got the colour coded elevation key on page 103 for map W100. But it doesn't have Reprint Nov 91 on the first page of the module booklet. It just has (copyright symbol) 1990 TSR Inc. All Rights etc...  There's an ISBN at the bottom left. Bottom left of module cover also has ISBN and bottom right has piece code and $15.00  Maybe we've discovered another printing... :-)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:13 pm 

Cool! Sounds like you have a second print as well :-)  I realize now that the description is not fully accurate. The module does not actually state "Reprint Nov91" on the cover. Mine just happen to have that indication as it was an in-house copy at TSR.  Sorry, for any confusion. Foutfoot - Please make that amendment to the description.   nev - Is the paper on your copy glossy or plain?  Cheers, Curt CGOULD42

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:50 pm 

Yeah really nice and glossy. My copy is near mint - just the most minor of small creases on the cover and perfect booklet.  That gloss paper is really nice and heavy too!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:13 am 

Did you pick up your copy at a store or elsewhere (Auction, etc.)?  It dosen't appear that the 2nd print was a wide release.  -Curt

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:18 am 

Ebay auction last october. Got it for 25 bucks! Amazing condition.