Don't ya think ebay is getting a little gready with fee bs?
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:10 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:I never worry about ebay/paypal fees and I do quite a bit of reselling. I track all my data and purchases in excel spreadsheets. I created several columns and formulas that record the purchase price of each item and all fees, all shipping charges (and actual shipping) and provides a final profit per item. Each sale is calculated against the total price I paid for the lot plus shipping and a net profit (loss) is generated.

When I have sold everything in a given purchase, I just look at the net profit. I did well if it is at least 90% of the purchase price and hopefully more than 100%.

I never worry about anything else. Ebay and Paypal fees can go :twisted: themselves for all I care - if I make 100% profit, I don't sweat it and my life is a tiny bit less stressful.
8)

Good observation, if your margins are so low that the 5-7% fees are an issue maybe you should not be selling.  imagine opening up a store with the big overhead or advertizing in the local paper.  Ebay gives us a place to do business and reach customers like no other in history.  Ebay virtually created a RPG gaming collectable industry.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Previous