Wargame price list guys?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:49 pm 

Hey guys, I just got back from a rpg store and they let me go to their old storage. OMFG.....tons of frigging wargames in the storage unopened.   Are any of you wargamers or wargame collectors? If so can you write me a list of which of the following company items are worth money?  GMT <--good amount of this stuff in the storage ASL <--saw a ton of asl in th storage SPI <--tons of spi Canada Simulations <--tons of this one  If someone could let me know what items in each company is worth some money let me know. Or heck, if you guys are looking after some items let me know and I can go pick some up for you.  Off the top of my head I saw:  Barbarossa Tobruk Chosin Lawrence of Arabia and many others I can't even recall.  Let me know guys!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:44 am 

Tough call here. Off the top of my head, I know some of the "monster" games from SPI are worth a fair amount as are some ASL titles. If they're unopened, even better.   My wargame collecting is pretty specific, and I try not to go too far out of my price range (ha! like that works). I'm not too familiar with the prices on the companies I don't collect - like SPI or GMT. Are there any GDW titles in the lot?  Your best bet might be to go to ConsimWorld News — Board Wargames and post a list or request in their Marketplace folder. Someone there will probably be able to help you. However, many people there seem to prefer trading to buying.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:05 am 

Hi Zander, there are a few GDW. Not that many. Do you have a little list of the rarer gdw games I should look out for?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:20 am 

Mike, never mind, my army of Bolivian Role Playing Mercenaries have secured a perimeter and are collecting and cataloging the store as I type.  :)  Hey, how about any collection of Dragonquest stuff for your old buddy (me)?  Yeah, and Monster games are very cool.    No Avalon Hill to speak of eh?  Too bad.. that's my 'other' passion in collecting. (Aside from D&D,Car Wars, Early Cheapass games and OLD minis and weird sci-fi stuff )  -Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:27 am 

Hi Jon, there might be some AH items. Send me a list of AH items that are rare and I will ask the storeowner if I can check the back again and look for them.   No Dragonquest, I did not see any fantasy stuff.