Scotland???
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:05 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
BigSister wrote:I know -- a topic sooooo far from TSR it hurts!! 8O Dave groans when I talk about genealogy -- and I groan when he talks about TSR.

Genealogy --> heraldry --> knights and stuff --> D&D. Didn't hurt that much. :wink:  Particularly if you're running a Birthright campaign...

Our 'birthright' went from Scotland to -- Toronto -- where DCSI was born in 1887.  We have newly found cousins in Ontario!    I think I may be too staid for the Fringe Festival  :oops: but men with hairy legs in kilts??? :D  :D  :D   I LOVE them!  Being the family 'repository' I have 2 sets of kilts, socks, plaids, skien du[sp?], sporrans, pins etc., from DCSI & DCSII who both played in pipe bands.  DCSIII and I learned highland dancing.  
I see a strong influence from Scottish/Celtic history in Dave's work -- he is very proud of that heritage.  A pride that didn't extend to the consumtion of Haggis! :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:20 pm 

BigSister wrote: Our 'birthright' went from Scotland to -- Toronto -- where DCSI was born in 1887. We have newly found cousins in Ontario!  I think I may be too staid for the Fringe Festival :oops: but men with hairy legs in kilts??? :D :D :D  I LOVE them! Being the family 'repository' I have 2 sets of kilts, socks, plaids, skien du[sp?], sporrans, pins etc., from DCSI & DCSII who both played in pipe bands. DCSIII and I learned highland dancing.
I see a strong influence from Scottish/Celtic history in Dave's work -- he is very proud of that heritage. A pride that didn't extend to the consumtion of Haggis! :wink:

BTW, How is David doing? I havent heard any updates recently. I hope all is well. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:57 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Ah, what a lovely land. How are the Scottish girls in bed, by the way?  :D

johnhuck wrote:I have fond memories of parts of Scotland. Not geographically I must add. :wink:

Ah, I have fond memories of parts of Scotland's girls too.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:04 am 

[quote="bclarkie"][/quote]
BTW, How is David doing? I havent heard any updates recently. I hope all is well. :D

:evil: Dave is having a bout with the bottle -- again.  His friends have given him until April 30 to either sober up or go to the hospital.  Dave's choice.  I'm behind them 100%.  Keep your fingers crossed!!

Previous