Ivid the Undying pictures
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:47 pm 

A picture is worth a thousand words, but the module itself is probably worth a few thousand dollars.  404 Not Found   404 Not Found

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:37 pm 

Thanks Dave for showing us the item. Undoubtedly it is worth a lot of money but I HIGHLY DOUBT its worth a FEW THOUSAND. Very few people have that kind of money just to drop on one item. In my opinion if it ever came up for auction I expect it to fetch the same as a lost tamoa or ghost tower (800-1k) and maybe more.   I'm sure if this was sold at Gencon we would be looking at 1500+ as Gencon prices are slightly higher than ebay prices, etc.  A very neat item and I hope Scott puts this on the acaeum BUT I do not think a estimated price should be put on such a unique item though.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:13 pm 

thanks for the post ken

Gygax is to Gaming what Kirby was to comics
Alas poor Elric I was a thousand times more evil than you
http://www.geocities.com/J_Elric_Smith/Index.html

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:23 pm 

I know one big question was exactly how the map of the Great Kingdom was supposed to look.  Does your friend have any of the maps that were meant to go with it?  Precise locations of numerous landmarks would be of great interest as I am in the midst of mapping the entire Flanaess with painstaking detail to every canon reference I can find.  You can see samples of my work at the Canonfire! Greyhawk fansite.  Does the product in your friends hands only contain pure text, or is there art and maps within the pages?   Eric Anondson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:53 pm 

Eric, why don't you contact the person who has the actual item? Do your math, who owns Gamers Realm?? Think about that and I think you can come up with who owns it and email that person.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:55 pm 

Mkman wrote:Eric, why don't you contact the person who has the actual item?
  I already am.  
Mkman wrote:Do your math, who owns Gamers Realm??
 How will doing math reveal this?  
Mkman wrote:Think about that and I think you can come up with who owns it and email that person.
 Ah yes!  I'll think about it!  That'll make all the difference... thank you Mkman. :wink:    Eric Anondson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:11 am 

You guys now know as much about the module as I do.  You will have to contact Rob, the owner of Gamer's Realm to learn more.  I only happened to see his post mentioning it on another forum.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:48 pm 

dave wrote:A picture is worth a thousand words, but the module itself is probably worth a few thousand dollars.
 If rarity were the only factor involved it might well be worth a few thousand dollars. I would imagine, however, that not a lot of people know that this product even exists. That would tend to lower demand. Maybe if it were hyped for a few months and then auctioned off at GenCon. . . . Hmm, I wonder if that was the current owner's plan. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:23 pm 

I disagree DCS. I don't think any D&D item will fetch a few thousand for a long time. The demand may be high but noone will spend that much money. It would be unprecedented if it was auctioned and got a few thousand. I still say probably 1500 max at gencon.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:03 pm 

Though it goes without saying -- if anyone can convince Rob to send scans / info our way, I'd be happy to put up a page.  Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:14 pm 

I think a few people have emailed Rob and asked him about this. I want to see the inside contents. I'm wondering is the item module bound or just a bunch of loose leaf pages like prepublications, etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:25 pm 

I had this thought last night and I want to say this with the utmost disclaimer that I have no reason to impune this guy's honesty, integrity and expertise in any way.  HE PROBABLY does own this item... but given the contents of the module were pretty available everywhere, is it possible that someone Photoshoped up a cover and went to Kinkos and perfect bound the module?  IOW, how could we ever know for sure this isn't a fake?  Again, I'm NOT saying that I THINK this guy has a fake, nor if he does that he created it... I'm just saying... how would you know?  What's the basis for proving it's not if no one else has a copy to compare to?  Just a thought.  (Not saying anything about Rob... honest... So don't go there... really)

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:45 pm 

Definitely possible Jon. Lets hear from Rob first and see what he can tell us about the item, who he got it from, etc. The contents inside of Ivid is certainly available online unless his copy has some things not available in the pdfs, etc.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:55 pm 

So has anyone actually written to Rob to ask for additional details about the book?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:48 pm 

JonOakes wrote:I had this thought last night and I want to say this with the utmost disclaimer that I have no reason to impune this guy's honesty, integrity and expertise in any way.  HE PROBABLY does own this item... but given the contents of the module were pretty available everywhere, is it possible that someone Photoshoped up a cover and went to Kinkos and perfect bound the module?  IOW, how could we ever know for sure this isn't a fake?
 I would be more concerned that the cover was a mockup and that what's inside isn't IVID THE UNDYING. At first glance the cover doesn't look like some kind of amateur job done in Photoshop. What's more it doesn't remotely resemble any TSR cover that I've ever seen -- if one were going to fake a cover why not make it look like all other TSR covers instead of having that column of Greyhawk heraldry down the right-hand side?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:31 am 

Okay, so one way to test this theory is lets see where else that artwork turns up! (Anyone recognize the artist?)  If we find it elsewhere that might be a clue.  And re: The margin of heraldry, that could be GOOD or BAD for the case for validity...   Again, my question is if it IS IVID inside, and you were handed this thing.. how could you tell it was authentic?  Seriously, what test would it have to pass?  BTW, re: 'making a cover'...I'm a rookie at Photoshop compared to some, at let me tell you honestly, with no bragging on my part, I could make a SWEET cover that looked like that or much better even off of scans of products that already existed.  Rob's forthcoming 'pedigree' will be the best evidence or someone coming up with another copy of this would be very cool.  -Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:46 am 

I think we should also ask Pat since he is a big dealer in artwork and see if he has ever seen a piece of artwork that looked like the Ivid cover.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:46 pm 

Well, the JPEG isn't good enough for me to recognize it . . . . it looks a LITTLE like a fuzzy Mark Nelson painting, though.  I've emailed the guys who were staff artists at the time at TSR and sent a the pic along to see if any of them recognize the piece (or painted it themselves). I'll keep you posted if I find out anything!   Pat

"Life is short, art is forever, and the credit card bills to buy the art last just slightly longer."

Next