At what point do I get concerned?
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:50 pm 

If you were bidding on an item on eBay and it got bid way up and you lost.

If you were contacted by the seller about a second copy.

If you sent a money order and requested to be told when the money order arrived.

If you heard nothing for 10 days despite repeated emails.

If you heard on a Friday from this person was out of town and would get their mail Saturday, and its now Tuesday and no replies.

If they posted to this forum in the meantime, thus showing they are able to access the internet.

At what point would you start to get concerned?

This is not the first time this has happened to me.  Just wondering how the rest of you handle situations like this.

-Byron

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:57 pm 

beyerun wrote:If you were bidding on an item on eBay and it got bid way up and you lost.

If you were contacted by the seller about a second copy.

If you sent a money order and requested to be told when the money order arrived.

If you heard nothing for 10 days despite repeated emails.

If you heard on a Friday from this person was out of town and would get their mail Saturday, and its now Tuesday and no replies.

If they posted to this forum in the meantime, thus showing they are able to access the internet.

At what point would you start to get concerned?

This is not the first time this has happened to me. Just wondering how the rest of you handle situations like this.

-Byron

I guess it depends on who the seller is.  Maybe if you post a link or name the seller, it might be helpful. I have a sneaking suspicion I know who you are referring to and if it is them,  I wouldn't be too worried, but I am not sure.  If they post here, send them a PM.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:16 pm 

Try PMing the seller and then wait a little longer. If he does post here, then he has likely already read this thread. If so, he should be in contact soon. Be patient a little longer.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:03 am 

If you saved the stub from the money order, call the toll-free number on the back and check to see if it's been cashed.  If it has, and you don't receive the goods, you may have a possibility for reimbursement through the issuer of the money order.