WGRX Ivid the Undying does exist
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:58 pm 

I just learned about this yesterday, the holy grail for Greyhawk collectors.  It does exist, no I don't have a copy, and the fellow who revealed this will not part with it.  "TSR used to print up prototype copies of modules for consideration and review at board meetings. From what I have been able to learn by interviewing several ex-TSR employees, they would print between 3-6 copies or so... perhaps as many as 12. These copies had full color covers, with all the artwork in place and ready to go, except that unlike the typical folio modle format, they were perfect bound.   This copy is WGRX - Ivid the Undying. It was being reviewed for release right about the time that TSR decided to cut Greyhawk from its product line. The copy is in absolutely pristine condition."  Text was also present, this would be as good if not better than what would have been in stores if it had been produced.  This comes from a big game store owner, and he promised to put up a picture on the web.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:50 am 

Wow, great news Dave! I hope that big store game owner does release a picture. I'd love to see what the item looks like!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:52 am 

Wow... That may be the rarest module EVER.  Quick!  A google search on former TSR board members!  Must raid their garages before Mike Kuo finds them!  Very cool news.  I hope a picture and more info are forthcoming... who wrote the module?  Was it a Gygax module?

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:10 am 

I'm a broke man! I spent my budget for the month of march already! Paid for some tolkien boardgames which I will share to the forum once I receive them.  Keep us updated Dave about the WGRX item. Love to see what the cover they designed for it was.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:57 pm 

Good to hear!    FYI, Jon, Carl Sargent was the author for Ivid the Undying.  When the ms. was cancelled, chunks of it were published in Dragon:  
Dragon #204, p.52 Campaign Journal: The Twin Cities, by Carl Sargent The first excerpt from the unpublished Ivid the Undying product, including maps  Dragon #206, p.34 Campaign Journal: The Sea Barons, by Carl Sargent The second excerpt from Ivid the Undying  Dragon #206, p.42 Fiend Knights and Dark Artifacts, by Carl Sargent Magic items from the Ivid the Undying supplement  Dragon #208, p.48 Campaign Journal, p.48: The Adri Forest, by Carl Sargent The third, and sadly final, excerpt from Ivid the Undying
 The ms. is available for free online at  The page cannot be found and Kent Matthewson's excellent map is available at  The page cannot be found

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:45 pm 

3-6 copies and as much as 12. Thats a very low number. You then must deduct some copies off as they may have been thrown away, tossed, etc. That lowers the number even more. I'm sure only a few exist in the hands of certain employees. Very rare indeed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:05 am 

Ivid the Undying is available for download at these other places:  IO - The Modular Data Center Technology Leader  404 Not Found  Interesting how this site has a cover of Ivid the Undying on the German S1 limited edition cover.  Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a web site with easy-to-use site building tools.  RPG Forum  http://thales.math.auth.gr/~bchr/worlds ... id/ivi.htm  Here is some info about the item:  404 Not Found  All of the above sites have tidbits about the item so others if they are interested should check out the links.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:58 pm 

I sent links to this topic to the Greytalk and Greyhawk-l discussion lists; hopefully we'll be able to get some additional corroboration and information from the GH fanbase! :)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:02 pm 

dave---  I'd be very interested in getting in touch with the collector to get some additional information about the physical description of WGRX (for example, it looks like a box set to me vs. a booklet/hardcover), as well as the contents (are the contents identical to what TSR/WotC released on their web sites, for example, or are additional editorial/authorial changes incorporated into the text that we haven't seen before?).  And, FWIW, I think the holy grails of GH collecting are still the Stoink: Wasp's Nest lost supplement, and Gygax and Kuntz's true version of Castle Greyhawk :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:56 pm 

Allan like I told Eric on another post about this, do your math and you will find out who owns this product and then contact that person yourself. Come on, I'm 20 and I already figured out who owns the item. Do your math, Dave said the person owns a big store and if you look at the links to the pictures, they are from Gamers Realms..........who owns gamers realms.......find that out and you can figure out who owns Ivid.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:39 pm 

Mike, it's not a do the math thing or whatever:  I'm lazy and wanted to see if anyone else already had the info ;)  from gamersrealm.com whois:  
WHOIS Record for gamersrealm.com Back-order this name Make an unsolicited offer    Registrant: Gamer's Realm, Inc. (GAMERSREALM2-DOM)    2025 Old Trenton Road    Cranbury    NJ,08512    US     Domain Name: GAMERSREALM.COM     Administrative Contact:       Placer, Rob  (RP3749)                [email protected]       Gamer's Realm, Inc.       2025 Old Trenton Road       Cranbury, NJ 08512       609-426-9339    Technical Contact:       Domain Registration  (DO128-ORG)                [email protected]       Pegasus Web Technologies       1719B Rt. 10 East, Suite 220       Parsippany, NJ   07054       US       201-337-5677       Fax- - 201-405-0954     Record expires on 25-Aug-2003.    Record created on 24-Aug-1997.    Database last updated on 9-Mar-2003 20:42:54 EST.     Domain servers in listed order:     NS1.PWEBTECH.COM             209.123.167.10    NS2.PWEBTECH.COM             209.123.159.1  

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:06 am 

You guys already have it, Rob Placer owns the module.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:12 pm 

Interesting comment from Sean K. Reynolds on the Greyhawk-l list:  Error - Invalid Index File

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:32 pm 

Thanks Allan for that link. It is very interesting what Sean Reynolds said.  As with all D&D/AD&D items that have pdfs made which later hurt the market, IVID was released to the public so if it was sold, it might get lower prices because of those pdfs, etc.  If someone has emailed the owner of this item please ask about the contents, etc. Perhaps ask how he received the item so we know it came from a credible source, etc.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:07 am 

OK, so has any more research come to light on this?  Greyhawk collectors world-wide want to know!

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:58 pm 

The lack of posts and new information about Ivid points to the fact that nothing new has been learned. I never emailed the owner of this item but I am curious to know if others have emailed and what his responses are.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:03 pm 

Nope, I didn't email him....

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:47 am 

Has anyone seen the new cover and updated formatting of Ivid from Mr Allman...?

IO - The Modular Data Center Technology Leader

Looks nice, though I'd love to get a larger picture of the one here on Acaeum.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Next