First Quest LP
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:21 pm 

hi guys

i've got the 4 hours on a 2nd chance offer to have the first quest LP for £36.55.

"The cover is showing minimal signs of ware" and "This is the original double LP by TSR.This is in near mint condition. Last played about 16years ago."

is it worth it?

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:30 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hi guys

i've got the 4 hours on a 2nd chance offer to have the first quest LP for £36.55.

"The cover is showing minimal signs of ware" and "This is the original double LP by TSR.This is in near mint condition. Last played about 16years ago."

is it worth it?

Al

I would say that if it is in the described conditon, then yes. BUT, my concern is the second chance offer. This is a legit second chance offer correct, from the original seller and it appears directly on Ebay right. I am hoping that is not some email you received out of the blue from someone other than seller as was mentioned below about the mono Ghost Tower of Inverness. Kind of makes me suspicious when someone has duplicates of a pretty rare item like that. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I would say that if it is in the described conditon, then yes. BUT, my concern is the second chance offer. This is a legit second chance offer correct, from the original seller and it appears directly on Ebay right. I am hoping that is not some email you received out of the blue from someone other than seller as was mentioned below about the mono Ghost Tower of Inverness. Kind of makes me suspicious when someone has duplicates of a pretty rare item like that. :?

elo BC thx for the reply. yeah the 2nd chance offer is cool. the guy e-mailed me before the auction had finished. he had put the "reserve" on as one sold in the US for $100+ but he said that whomever was the highest bidder, he would send a 2nd chance offer for that, and as it turned out, that was me! so worth it you think?

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:49 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I would say that if it is in the described conditon, then yes. BUT, my concern is the second chance offer. This is a legit second chance offer correct, from the original seller and it appears directly on Ebay right. I am hoping that is not some email you received out of the blue from someone other than seller as was mentioned below about the mono Ghost Tower of Inverness. Kind of makes me suspicious when someone has duplicates of a pretty rare item like that. :?

elo BC thx for the reply. yeah the 2nd chance offer is cool. the guy e-mailed me before the auction had finished. he had put the "reserve" on as one sold in the US for $100+ but he said that whomever was the highest bidder, he would send a 2nd chance offer for that, and as it turned out, that was me! so worth it you think?

Al
Yeah, seller seems legit and I see that this is actually only one item instead of 2. I personally would love to have it, but I would have no way of playing it. :oops: Seller actually gives a really nice description of it as well. I'd do it. :wink:
I do find it kind of ironic though that it is the "First Quest Album", yet it is for levels 15 and above. That is a hell of a first quest :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:05 am 

Hey Al, what did you decide to do with this? If you bought it, maybe you can dub me a tape. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hey Al, what did you decide to do with this? If you bought it, maybe you can dub me a tape. :wink:

hey chummer - yeah its bought and paid for - should have it in a few days!

sure can sort you a tape out if you want it bud...no problemo. will give you a shout when it arrives ok?

Al

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:11 pm 

8O

copyright infringement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:15 pm 

rosenkav wrote:8O
copyright infringement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shill the lot of them!  :twisted:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hey Al, what did you decide to do with this? If you bought it, maybe you can dub me a tape. :wink:

hey chummer - yeah its bought and paid for - should have it in a few days!

sure can sort you a tape out if you want it bud...no problemo. will give you a shout when it arrives ok?

Al

Oh, I was just kidding about the tape.  I would imagine the sound quality would be awful anyway.  I'll have to pick one up myself though, sooner or later. :D  We would have be careful of any copyright infringement superheroes if we did try to  follow through with that transaction. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:58 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, I was just kidding about the tape. I would imagine the sound quality would be awful anyway. I'll have to pick one up myself though, sooner or later. :D We would have be careful of any copyright infringement superheroes if we did try to follow through with that transaction. :wink:

copyright infringement? nah....i was just simply going to send you a tape of a cool local band that plays music inspired by dungeons & dragons...honest guv  :wink: