Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits misprint?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:06 pm 

Was going through my collection and found my badly beat up/well loved Q1, I was flipping through the pages and noticed that they are numbered out of order (goes from page 9 with apge 14 on the backside 10 opposite 13 etc..).  Is this normal? Or do I just have a copy with an annoying printing error?

~jeff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:59 pm 

Dug out my Q1 and it's ok. Guess the latter happened to you.

As u describe it, it seems it's an interesting error. The module has 32 pages, so the signatures of the print must have been mismatched on the montage table. If it is so, and the error have been spotted and the print run retired, maybe u have something worthy of attention in your hands.

Just my .02

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:16 pm 

In all other ways it would appear to be a second print copy, though one with an annoying error (when it comes to reading it at least).

~jeff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:22 pm 

Mind to tell me how the number pages go in your copy? Just to understand if it's a "worthwhile" error (like an unknown second minus edition!) or something more commonplace, like an error on the stapling.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:38 pm 

32 pages (1st and last not numbered), someone removed the staples before I aquired the copy.  Page 9-24 are in error, the correct # for the text on page but numbered out of sequential order.

The leaves(sheet?) that are in error are numbered as such:

The numbering above is from outside front, inside front, inside back, outside back (if that makes sense at all) not sure if that was the order in which they were originally stapled into the book or not.  Either way is it a definite print error, probably more of a curiosity than anything else.  Interior booklet cover has legend, and exterior cover has Wizard logo (making it a second print with interior booklet error).

~jeff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:54 pm 

I have to say that this is not a print error, but it happens when you mount the pages in and incorrect order on the big sheet of paper that go into the printing press. So it happens before printing.

As it seems, someone botched the print run - making it quite unusual (and worthy of attention, in my eyes) and some copies slipped by the quality control and went in the market.

Seems the chap who had it before you tried to unstaple it and then assembly it back right.... but it wasn't possible as different pages have been printed in opposite faces of the same sheet.

You have a BIN for this... errrrrrr... useless item?

:lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:24 pm 

I wouldn't figure it to be much more valueable than a standard Q1, if its even more valuable at all.  I just can't see demand for it being much more than a non-printing error common module. As everyone knows Demand=value. Just my .02

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:31 am 

I don't have one now and my memory is a little sketchy, but I am almost (90%) certain that I have encountered this before.  

Before I list, I always do a page check and verify inserts, writing, damage, completeness, etc.

Pretty sure I have noticed this one time before.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:36 am 

IMHO the fact is - for the sake of completeness of the Acaeum archive - that it would be interesting to find out how this error was common, and put a little note in the module description.

Or it's just me?

:)

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:58 am 

GamersRest[FNG] wrote:Was going through my collection and found my badly beat up/well loved Q1, I was flipping through the pages and noticed that they are numbered out of order (goes from page 9 with apge 14 on the backside 10 opposite 13 etc..). Is this normal? Or do I just have a copy with an annoying printing error?

~jeff

Can you describe which Q1 you have? Coloration, logo etc. Would help determining which one to look at or dig out...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:57 pm 

dbartman wrote:Can you describe which Q1 you have? Coloration, logo etc. Would help determining which one to look at or dig out...

It is a second print, has the Wizard logo on front cover and legend on  interior booklet cover map. It is also a darker shade than the first print.

~jeff