ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 55 of 64123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 am 

ETC was a long time ago. We're talking 5 years ish. Maybe eBay only keep records for so long.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:24 pm 

Thanks!  Next question.  Are these all the names/aliases and addresses of this individual(s)?

Jon Bassett, 4866 Ebb Hall Rd., Dublin, VA 24084

James Corvin, P.O. Box 1255, 2958 Old Stage Road, Wytheville, VA 24382

Kahl, C J, Pulaski, VA 24301-2725

James Herbert Jr. Corvin, 2958 Old Stage Rd., Wytheville, VA 24382

Lisa Callahan, 1355 W Ridge Rd Lot 8, Wytheville, VA 24382

Robert Callahan, Pulaski, VA 24301

Richard & Carrie Callahan, Dublin, VA

Shellie Williams, 1696 Cedar Springs Rd., Rural Retreat, VA 24368-2698

If anyone can fill in any blanks, feel free to contribute.  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:30 pm 

PM Bclarkie. He has all the info you need. It's be interesting to see if you can add to what we know. There is some ineteresting info on the internet to be found about the relationships between the Callahans, Corvins, etc. in those areas, and it's not a random collection of names. Think we may have a photo of the schmuck also.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:26 am 

On June 19th, out of the blue,  I got this message from her,

Good morning! I was hoping you would be sweet enough to tell me the best way to strip down my minitures? To remove old paint, so they'll be be ready to be repainted.

Please forgive me for bothering you. But you look like you really know your minis, So I thought you would be the best person to ask! : )

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

--Shellie

- mystic-fairy

I replied and later she thanked me and said she was working on stripping minis.   I don't have that message.   Then on July 3rd I got this message,

Hi! :) I hope your having a nice weekend! I hate to bother you. But I was hoping you could give me some info. on stripping miniatures of their paint. What's the best thing to use...or what do you use to strip the minis of their paint?

I have some that I'd like to re-paint. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for your time and Happy 4th of July!!

Shellie

- mystic-fairy

I didn't reply because I thought it might be some weird come on to a 56 year old has-been, since previously she indicated she was using my info to clean minis.   It seems even stranger now, and wonder if she was up to something.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:46 am 

RalphPartha wrote:On June 19th, out of the blue,  I got this message from her,

I didn't reply because I thought it might be some weird come on to a 56 year old has-been, since previously she indicated she was using my info to clean minis.   It seems even stranger now, and wonder if she was up to something.

You should have linked her some advice from an Acaeum link... :twisted:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 am 

RalphPartha wrote: It seems even stranger now, and wonder if she was up to something.

There's no telling what she was up to.  One possibility is that she was just trying to establish a relationship and trust to help her sales.  She could be trying to figure out who's on the Acaeum or not, but I doubt that.  Her sales and purchasing history are primarily with publications.  One characteristic of her communication is that she's bi-polar, sweet one minute and sour the next.  :?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 am 

Possibly that she/he is trying to get info or details on things from a wide variety of sources at any one time and doesn't then remember who they have already contacted.

Not sure, but perhaps making a friendly contact leads to "sigh, I can't get these cleaned... would you like to buy them...?" kind of contact, but obviously it would be outside of ebay and they would never be shipped.

Or of course, Shellie is just another one in a long, ever-growing line of mentalists.  :?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Or of course, Shellie is just another one in a long, ever-growing line of mentalists.  :?

She's psychic?

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
She's psychic?

More like functionally psychotic.  :?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
More like functionally psychotic.  :?

Ah, then she's "mental" (to employ '80s valley girl parlance) rather than a "mentalist". I thought ashmire was implying there was some sort of mind-reading involved... I was confused.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:32 pm 

Ashmire, that sounds reasonable.    The only other contact I've had with her was as Lisa's Stuff.  I was an ebay newbie and she wanted me to revise a copy of Beastmaker Mountain that I started at, I think,  $9.99 to have a BIN of $15.00 and let her know when I changed it.    She said she would buy it right away.   Thanks to the people at the Acaeum I knew not to do it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:20 am 

Ah, then she's "mental" (to employ '80s valley girl parlance) rather than a "mentalist". I thought ashmire was implying there was some sort of mind-reading involved... I was confused.

For a definition of mentalist, check out the TV episode of Alan Partridge where he ends up held hostage...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 am 

It's a bloke BTW.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:44 am 

ashmire13 wrote:
For a definition of mentalist, check out the TV episode of Alan Partridge where he ends up held hostage...

I prefer the dictionary :).

I've never heard of Alan Partridge, but I'll look him up. I watch a good amount of BBC America (where else can you find Star Trek these days..:), and Kitchen Nightmares cracks me up), but haven't come across that one yet.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 am 

I prefer the dictionary :).

I've never heard of Alan Partridge, but I'll look him up. I watch a good amount of BBC America (where else can you find Star Trek these days..:), and Kitchen Nightmares cracks me up), but haven't come across that one yet.

It's most likely not going to be in there, as it's more a term used than defined (if that makes sense..??)

Treat yourself to some Alan, its a niche humour, but I find it uncomfortably funny... Along with Brass Eye, possibly one the finest docu-news-comedies ever!!  :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 am 

ashmire13 wrote:
It's most likely not going to be in there, as it's more a term used than defined (if that makes sense..??)

Treat yourself to some Alan, its a niche humour, but I find it uncomfortably funny... Along with Brass Eye, possibly one the finest docu-news-comedies ever!!  :lol:

Will do, sounds funny.

Actually "mentalist" is in the dictionary, but none of the definitions match your usage, which was why I was confoosled.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am 

Alan Partridge "You're A Mentalist" - YouTube

just a clippette...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Alan Partridge "You're A Mentalist" - YouTube

just a clippette...

Watched it; somewhat amusing, probably would be funnier if I were more familiar with him... Now I get the reference, anyway.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 55 of 64123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 626364