ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 57123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 555657
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:47 pm 
 

ashmire13 wrote:eBay Feedback Profile for mystic-fairy

mystic-fairy and their latest feedback, seems to definitely going down hill...


Well, now listed as "not a registered user". I wonder how many people got shafted this time around?


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1381
Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: My Pad

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote:
Well, now listed as "not a registered user". I wonder how many people got shafted this time around?

*Wonders if that's how an account is 'restored to its true owner'. Close one and start another.*

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 pm 
 

Just so the latest incarnation is not forgotten, here he is:

Image

(brenscollectables, registered July 9, 2010)

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3482
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 pm 
 

benjoshua wrote:
I failed to add mystic-fairy to my blocked list and she/he bid on several of my items and won several and then dropped a couple, and said she/he didn't want them anymore.  Not good.  :x


O.K. Help me completely understand what's going on.  I get the part about working up a decent feedback and then reneging on a lot of sales all at once hoping some people don't get their money back.  

What I don't totally get is why they might buy a bunch of stuff and then not accept the package(s) claiming someone else maliciously used their account.  Or is it that they would win a bunch of stuff, claim the packages with no Delivery Confirmation and refuse the packages with Delivery Confirmation(because that will counter their claim that their account was used maliciously)?  I say this because the item she/he won from me was "refused."

And all this trouble is done to gain a few more D&D items or supposedly gain a few more dollars?  I personally believe some people pay more for my stuff because they like me as a seller.  Or maybe I am just deluding myself.

And this is post 1400!  Woot!   :D


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm 
 

benjoshua wrote:Or is it that they would win a bunch of stuff, claim the packages with no Delivery Confirmation and refuse the packages with Delivery Confirmation(because that will counter their claim that their account was used maliciously)?  I say this because the item she/he won from me was "refused."

eBay does not deliver the packages; USPS does.   If eBay ran a postal service, then maybe all eBay packages would get to their destination without any fraud occurring.  USPS does not keep track of packages unless they have Delivery Confirmation or another form of tracking.  For dishonest buyers, untracked packages are free after an eBay claim of nondelivery.

Based on my eBay experience, most sellers do not use Delivery Confirmation.  I did not use Delivery Confirmation until some plastic D&D miniatures started getting lost in the mail.  After I began using Delivery Confirmation, packages magically stopped getting lost.

I hope that either eBay or the USPS notices that certain addresses have a high loss rate, but I also hope for world peace.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3482
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 pm 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:eBay does not deliver the packages; USPS does.   If eBay ran a postal service, then maybe all eBay packages would get to their destination without any fraud occurring.  USPS does not keep track of packages unless they have Delivery Confirmation or another form of tracking.  For dishonest buyers, untracked packages are free after an eBay claim of nondelivery.

Based on my eBay experience, most sellers do not use Delivery Confirmation.  I did not use Delivery Confirmation until some plastic D&D miniatures started getting lost in the mail.  After I began using Delivery Confirmation, packages magically stopped getting lost.

I hope that either eBay or the USPS notices that certain addresses have a high loss rate, but I also hope for world peace.


We have a yes vote.

I guess I am trying to understand the thinking of this seller and simple greed and/or stupidity seems almost too convenient. I am leaning towards maybe he/she thinks they are so smart that they can work the system.  It's similar to BLOCK-WIPE's MO.  :?


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 340
Joined: Mar 23, 2010
Last Visit: Feb 18, 2016
Location: France

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:54 am 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:Just so the latest incarnation is not forgotten, here he is:

[ Image ]

(brenscollectables, registered July 9, 2010)


Received this morning a mail from Ebay saying that an item on which I put a bid from brenscollectables had been cancelled.

In reading a few posts here, it seems that this seller has a bad feedback from collectors here and is not reliable. Can someone summarize the situation about this seller, as it seems to be a long story ?

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3415
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:37 am 
 

TheHistorian wrote:I was about to post this as suspicious too.

I think ash is right, we can't be sure this is the same person... but another seller of gaming material from a remote town with a population of under 2,000?  Rural Retreat, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's err on the side of caution.


I'm beginning to think that maybe its a group of friends/relatives/gaming group doing this together, rather than an individual working on their own..?

Seems like the core seller "Lisa" is diversifying perhaps and bringing in a team to spread it around a bit so its not so obvious :?


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 22, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 am 
 

dwarf wrote:
Received this morning a mail from Ebay saying that an item on which I put a bid from brenscollectables had been cancelled.

In reading a few posts here, it seems that this seller has a bad feedback from collectors here and is not reliable. Can someone summarize the situation about this seller, as it seems to be a long story ?


Long story short:  This seller has gone by many different names over the years (Eastern Treasure Chest, Game Emporium, JonB, Lisas Stuff Too, etc).  Their MO is to sell gaming stuff (including some sought after rares) and build up a perfect feedback and reputation. Then, within a year or so, they simply disappear, not sending items that were paid for and popping up several months later under a different name.  Before Ebay got stricter on their paypal chargebacks, this led to them collecting quite a bit of money before the account was closed; now, the advantages are much harder to see...perhaps they just hope people forget about the sale and forget to chargeback on their paypal account.

What is common to each name is the location (cities within a few miles of each other in Virginia, sometimes the same city), same scans/photos for rares, some bombastic, exclamation point style of writing, same type of descriptions (everything is RARE!, etc), and most of all, same responses to people posting negs or wondering where there stuff is. Typically, someone is ill/sick/dead, and this is used as an excuse as to why the items are so late (or don't arrive). Often these fake illnesses/deaths occur in a way to make the heartstrings tug (dead husband, brother, employee, etc).  The bearer of this account has actually appeared on this forum before (several times, under several different guises) defending his/her actions and acting seemingly incredulous at our speculations.

The most sickening part was the lengths they go to while lying about their identity. Most disturbing was the one where they claimed their husband was a dead Iraqi veteran.

Advice is to stay away when this individual is identified.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3482
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am 
 

Here's another chapter in this story.  So, I forgot to block this person and "she" bid on several of my items and won one of them.  "She" asked her bids on other items to be removed.  I posted that I forgot to block "her" on this forum and immediately "she" vehemently accused me of blocking "her" from bidding further, but when I offered "her" the same item, "she" didn't want it.  Anyway, I mailed "her" winning eBay item w/Delivery Confirmation, and it was refused.  Apparently, it's on it's way back to me.

Now here's the new twist, along with the messages I received from eBay saying the account had ben fraudulently used. I called the Post Office in Rural Retreat, VA to inquire about how the package had been refused.  As it turns out, I spoke personally with the lady who took back all the refused eBay packages from Shellie.  As it turns out, her name is indeed Shellie, and Shellie is indeed female.  I specifically asked if she returned just the Delivery Confirmation packages or all of them.  The Postal worker said that Shellie returned all of them and communicated to the Post Office that her account had been misused by someone else.  At least her story is consistent. Furthermore, she requested from the Post Office that all packages from eBay not be delivered to her anymore and the Post Office informed her they couldn't do that.

What to make of this?  Here's a theory.  Shellie Williams was asked by Eastern_Treasure_Chest/Game_Emporium/JonB/Lisas_Stuff_Too badguy if he/she could have packages delivered to her house as his/her mailbox was busted (or some other lame excuse). Badguy furthermore creates the e-mail address "[email protected]" to conduct all communications.  Badguy proceeds to conduct business as usual.  It's just a theory, and I welcome other plausible theories.  The main problem with this theory is that she confessed she had an eBay account.

Again, all of this still seems too elaborate for too tiny gains.  I remain mildly surprised the perpetrator is female.  Don't get me wrong, there are some wicked women out there, and there are plenty of females who play D&D, but my gut says the real perpetrator is a guy.  Maybe I've been thinking it's a guy for so long, I've deluded myself.  I need to go where the evidence takes me. I also don't believe it's a group of problem people in Rural Retreat.  Again, I have no evidence of this; it's just my hunch.


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  


Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 61
Joined: Jul 05, 2010
Last Visit: Aug 30, 2020
Location: NT, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 pm 
 

So here's me all new and embarrassed  :oops:

I had a few wins with mystic-fairy from a couple weeks back and after reading up some on this thread and ebay/PayPal I put a dispute with Paypal at lunch today.  After work I got this back for all my claims...

   * 7/16/2010 14:54 PDT - PayPal: A Refund was issued.

   * 7/16/2010 14:54 PDT - Seller: Richard to sorry this happened! I can't even look the items up! When I click on one of my item Numbers it comes upo blank?? I dont understand it!

   * 7/16/2010 14:52 PDT - Seller: Hi, Richard! I didn't do anything wrong other than not paying attention to a message I got from ebay! :( It was something about calling or something to verify your account with ebay. But being that I'm Paypal Verified, I disregarded it. Because Paypal has my Bank info, my Home Address, my Home Phone, and my Social Security Number for goodness sake! So I just assumed it was some type of pop up add or something, because I considered myself as Verified just like Paypal says I am. And PAYPAL IS in all actually EBAY? So the whole thing made no since to me at all. Well I was gone yesterday, and what I came back I find they have put my account on hold. Which was a total Shock! So now I have to call them and go through all that stuff again. To basically tell them what Paypal already knows! How stupid is that?? BUT I'm releasing your payments right now, dear! I don't want you to have to wait on your money! I've only had to file a dispute about not getting an item one time, and it took Paypal nearly 3 weeks to release the fudnds back into my account. Well I WILL not make one of my Good Customers wait that long on their money! I have to wait till monday morning to call them and get them the information they need. Then everything will be right back on track again! Heck I can't even pull the item numbers up or anything! I'm about to have a long conversation with them when I get them on the phone they have some explaining to do. Well thank you so much for your business and PLEASE do come back sometime! As your always welcome at my auctions. Sincerly, Shellie

   * 7/16/2010 11:51 PDT - Buyer: Purchased from ebay seller Mystic-fairy, User no longer registered on ebay and item listing has been removed from ebay. No shipping information or contact from seller.


The long seller response was the same for my other item but the short response at 14:54 was unique to this claim.

for anyone interested this is what I came out with from Google and the email I had from the original purchase

Shellie Williams (neva4gotton) on Myspace

So I feel dumb but thanks for this thread as it has shown me several errors in my ways; and thankfully mystic-fairy didn't interfere with my win from SimperingToad.

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:30 pm 
 

benjoshua wrote:Here's another chapter in this story.  So, I forgot to block this person and "she" bid on several of my items and won one of them.  "She" asked her bids on other items to be removed.  I posted that I forgot to block "her" on this forum and immediately "she" vehemently accused me of blocking "her" from bidding further, but when I offered "her" the same item, "she" didn't want it.  Anyway, I mailed "her" winning eBay item w/Delivery Confirmation, and it was refused.  Apparently, it's on it's way back to me.

Now here's the new twist, along with the messages I received from eBay saying the account had ben fraudulently used. I called the Post Office in Rural Retreat, VA to inquire about how the package had been refused.  As it turns out, I spoke personally with the lady who took back all the refused eBay packages from Shellie.  As it turns out, her name is indeed Shellie, and Shellie is indeed female.  I specifically asked if she returned just the Delivery Confirmation packages or all of them.  The Postal worker said that Shellie returned all of them and communicated to the Post Office that her account had been misused by someone else.  At least her story is consistent. Furthermore, she requested from the Post Office that all packages from eBay not be delivered to her anymore and the Post Office informed her they couldn't do that.

What to make of this?  Here's a theory.  Shellie Williams was asked by Eastern_Treasure_Chest/Game_Emporium/JonB/Lisas_Stuff_Too badguy if he/she could have packages delivered to her house as his/her mailbox was busted (or some other lame excuse). Badguy furthermore creates the e-mail address "[email protected]" to conduct all communications.  Badguy proceeds to conduct business as usual.  It's just a theory, and I welcome other plausible theories.  The main problem with this theory is that she confessed she had an eBay account.

Again, all of this still seems too elaborate for too tiny gains.  I remain mildly surprised the perpetrator is female.  Don't get me wrong, there are some wicked women out there, and there are plenty of females who play D&D, but my gut says the real perpetrator is a guy.  Maybe I've been thinking it's a guy for so long, I've deluded myself.  I need to go where the evidence takes me. I also don't believe it's a group of problem people in Rural Retreat.  Again, I have no evidence of this; it's just my hunch.


I dunno. As someone who was somewhat involved with this seller when "she", "he", or "it" was "Lisa", all I can say is that your theory sounds as plausible to me as any other than has been proffered. The extent of my dealings with the seller was that I won a few auctions, the delivery seemed to be taking a while, I contacted her and got a BS explanation, and immediately filed a claim (not wanting my opportunity to expire). The seller then sent the items, though they were somewhat worse than described, and I left feedback (which without looking I assume was negative or neutral, don't recall specifically).

Contrary to others' instincts here, I always felt that the seller tracked as a female.


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1381
Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: My Pad

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 am 
 

brenscollectibles does a stellar job of describing a listing. "Unused" is not the word I'd use, even if true. "Very light staple rust..." which obviously includes stains all over the cover judging by the photo.


** expired eBay auction **


I like to give the benefit of a doubt to people I have never dealt with before, but this thread is too much for words to express.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3482
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am 
 

I can get the following eBay ID's from this seller to show up in an eBay search:

lisas_stuff_too
the_game_emporium
jonb7839
mystic-fairy
brenscollectables
the_game_boutique
the_wizards_of_all_things

But not:

the_eastern_treasure_chest

Any explanation?  :?  Also, were there any other incarnations, or is this the complete list?


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6342
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 am 
 

ETC was a long time ago. We're talking 5 years ish. Maybe eBay only keep records for so long.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3482
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:24 pm 
 

Thanks!  Next question.  Are these all the names/aliases and addresses of this individual(s)?

Jon Bassett, 4866 Ebb Hall Rd., Dublin, VA 24084

James Corvin, P.O. Box 1255, 2958 Old Stage Road, Wytheville, VA 24382

Kahl, C J, Pulaski, VA 24301-2725

James Herbert Jr. Corvin, 2958 Old Stage Rd., Wytheville, VA 24382

Lisa Callahan, 1355 W Ridge Rd Lot 8, Wytheville, VA 24382

Robert Callahan, Pulaski, VA 24301

Richard & Carrie Callahan, Dublin, VA

Shellie Williams, 1696 Cedar Springs Rd., Rural Retreat, VA 24368-2698

If anyone can fill in any blanks, feel free to contribute.  :)


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6342
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:30 pm 
 

PM Bclarkie. He has all the info you need. It's be interesting to see if you can add to what we know. There is some ineteresting info on the internet to be found about the relationships between the Callahans, Corvins, etc. in those areas, and it's not a random collection of names. Think we may have a photo of the schmuck also.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  


Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 40
Joined: Nov 06, 2009
Last Visit: May 13, 2017
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:26 am 
 

On June 19th, out of the blue,  I got this message from her,

Good morning! I was hoping you would be sweet enough to tell me the best way to strip down my minitures? To remove old paint, so they'll be be ready to be repainted.

Please forgive me for bothering you. But you look like you really know your minis, So I thought you would be the best person to ask! : )

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

--Shellie

- mystic-fairy


I replied and later she thanked me and said she was working on stripping minis.   I don't have that message.   Then on July 3rd I got this message,

Hi! :) I hope your having a nice weekend! I hate to bother you. But I was hoping you could give me some info. on stripping miniatures of their paint. What's the best thing to use...or what do you use to strip the minis of their paint?

I have some that I'd like to re-paint. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for your time and Happy 4th of July!!

Shellie

- mystic-fairy


I didn't reply because I thought it might be some weird come on to a 56 year old has-been, since previously she indicated she was using my info to clean minis.   It seems even stranger now, and wonder if she was up to something.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1614
Joined: Aug 19, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 13, 2021
Location: Chicago, IL

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:46 am 
 

RalphPartha wrote:On June 19th, out of the blue,  I got this message from her,

I didn't reply because I thought it might be some weird come on to a 56 year old has-been, since previously she indicated she was using my info to clean minis.   It seems even stranger now, and wonder if she was up to something.


You should have linked her some advice from an Acaeum link... :twisted:


RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

 ICQ  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3482
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 am 
 

RalphPartha wrote: It seems even stranger now, and wonder if she was up to something.


There's no telling what she was up to.  One possibility is that she was just trying to establish a relationship and trust to help her sales.  She could be trying to figure out who's on the Acaeum or not, but I doubt that.  Her sales and purchasing history are primarily with publications.  One characteristic of her communication is that she's bi-polar, sweet one minute and sour the next.  :?


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 57123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 555657