ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 54 of 64123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 626364
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:41 pm 

Mystic-fairy recently placed a low bid on the Pharaoh I had up. Just received this message from EBay today... 5 days after the fact.

EBay wrote:MC147 Notice: Administrative Bid Cancellation
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello simperingtoad,

We're writing to let you know that any recent bids by mystic-fairy may have been placed by someone who was not authorized to use that account. We're currently restoring the account to its true owner and have canceled all recent bids.

As a result of the bid cancellation, there is a possibility that the current high bidder has changed. You can always view the current status of any item by going to the individual item page. (Please be sure to refresh or reload the page to view the most up-to-date information.)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

H611

Not taking chances. Blocked.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:58 pm 

eBay Feedback Profile for mystic-fairy

mystic-fairy and their latest feedback, seems to definitely going down hill...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Mystic-fairy recently placed a low bid on the Pharaoh I had up. Just received this message from EBay today... 5 days after the fact.

Not taking chances. Blocked.

Personally, I'm glad the highest bidder didn't change  :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 pm 

red wizard wrote:
Personally, I'm glad the highest bidder didn't change  :D
Wazzat you? Right area...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:47 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:eBay Feedback Profile for mystic-fairy

mystic-fairy and their latest feedback, seems to definitely going down hill...

Well, now listed as "not a registered user". I wonder how many people got shafted this time around?

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
Well, now listed as "not a registered user". I wonder how many people got shafted this time around?

*Wonders if that's how an account is 'restored to its true owner'. Close one and start another.*

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 pm 

Just so the latest incarnation is not forgotten, here he is:

(brenscollectables, registered July 9, 2010)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
I failed to add mystic-fairy to my blocked list and she/he bid on several of my items and won several and then dropped a couple, and said she/he didn't want them anymore.  Not good.  :x

O.K. Help me completely understand what's going on.  I get the part about working up a decent feedback and then reneging on a lot of sales all at once hoping some people don't get their money back.  

What I don't totally get is why they might buy a bunch of stuff and then not accept the package(s) claiming someone else maliciously used their account.  Or is it that they would win a bunch of stuff, claim the packages with no Delivery Confirmation and refuse the packages with Delivery Confirmation(because that will counter their claim that their account was used maliciously)?  I say this because the item she/he won from me was "refused."

And all this trouble is done to gain a few more D&D items or supposedly gain a few more dollars?  I personally believe some people pay more for my stuff because they like me as a seller.  Or maybe I am just deluding myself.

And this is post 1400!  Woot!   :D

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Or is it that they would win a bunch of stuff, claim the packages with no Delivery Confirmation and refuse the packages with Delivery Confirmation(because that will counter their claim that their account was used maliciously)?  I say this because the item she/he won from me was "refused."

eBay does not deliver the packages; USPS does.   If eBay ran a postal service, then maybe all eBay packages would get to their destination without any fraud occurring.  USPS does not keep track of packages unless they have Delivery Confirmation or another form of tracking.  For dishonest buyers, untracked packages are free after an eBay claim of nondelivery.

Based on my eBay experience, most sellers do not use Delivery Confirmation.  I did not use Delivery Confirmation until some plastic D&D miniatures started getting lost in the mail.  After I began using Delivery Confirmation, packages magically stopped getting lost.

I hope that either eBay or the USPS notices that certain addresses have a high loss rate, but I also hope for world peace.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:eBay does not deliver the packages; USPS does.   If eBay ran a postal service, then maybe all eBay packages would get to their destination without any fraud occurring.  USPS does not keep track of packages unless they have Delivery Confirmation or another form of tracking.  For dishonest buyers, untracked packages are free after an eBay claim of nondelivery.

Based on my eBay experience, most sellers do not use Delivery Confirmation.  I did not use Delivery Confirmation until some plastic D&D miniatures started getting lost in the mail.  After I began using Delivery Confirmation, packages magically stopped getting lost.

I hope that either eBay or the USPS notices that certain addresses have a high loss rate, but I also hope for world peace.

We have a yes vote.

I guess I am trying to understand the thinking of this seller and simple greed and/or stupidity seems almost too convenient. I am leaning towards maybe he/she thinks they are so smart that they can work the system.  It's similar to BLOCK-WIPE's MO.  :?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:54 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Just so the latest incarnation is not forgotten, here he is:

[ Image ]

(brenscollectables, registered July 9, 2010)

Received this morning a mail from Ebay saying that an item on which I put a bid from brenscollectables had been cancelled.

In reading a few posts here, it seems that this seller has a bad feedback from collectors here and is not reliable. Can someone summarize the situation about this seller, as it seems to be a long story ?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:37 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I was about to post this as suspicious too.

I think ash is right, we can't be sure this is the same person... but another seller of gaming material from a remote town with a population of under 2,000?  Rural Retreat, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's err on the side of caution.

I'm beginning to think that maybe its a group of friends/relatives/gaming group doing this together, rather than an individual working on their own..?

Seems like the core seller "Lisa" is diversifying perhaps and bringing in a team to spread it around a bit so its not so obvious :?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 am 

dwarf wrote:
Received this morning a mail from Ebay saying that an item on which I put a bid from brenscollectables had been cancelled.

In reading a few posts here, it seems that this seller has a bad feedback from collectors here and is not reliable. Can someone summarize the situation about this seller, as it seems to be a long story ?

Long story short:  This seller has gone by many different names over the years (Eastern Treasure Chest, Game Emporium, JonB, Lisas Stuff Too, etc).  Their MO is to sell gaming stuff (including some sought after rares) and build up a perfect feedback and reputation. Then, within a year or so, they simply disappear, not sending items that were paid for and popping up several months later under a different name.  Before Ebay got stricter on their paypal chargebacks, this led to them collecting quite a bit of money before the account was closed; now, the advantages are much harder to see...perhaps they just hope people forget about the sale and forget to chargeback on their paypal account.

What is common to each name is the location (cities within a few miles of each other in Virginia, sometimes the same city), same scans/photos for rares, some bombastic, exclamation point style of writing, same type of descriptions (everything is RARE!, etc), and most of all, same responses to people posting negs or wondering where there stuff is. Typically, someone is ill/sick/dead, and this is used as an excuse as to why the items are so late (or don't arrive). Often these fake illnesses/deaths occur in a way to make the heartstrings tug (dead husband, brother, employee, etc).  The bearer of this account has actually appeared on this forum before (several times, under several different guises) defending his/her actions and acting seemingly incredulous at our speculations.

The most sickening part was the lengths they go to while lying about their identity. Most disturbing was the one where they claimed their husband was a dead Iraqi veteran.

Advice is to stay away when this individual is identified.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am 

Here's another chapter in this story.  So, I forgot to block this person and "she" bid on several of my items and won one of them.  "She" asked her bids on other items to be removed.  I posted that I forgot to block "her" on this forum and immediately "she" vehemently accused me of blocking "her" from bidding further, but when I offered "her" the same item, "she" didn't want it.  Anyway, I mailed "her" winning eBay item w/Delivery Confirmation, and it was refused.  Apparently, it's on it's way back to me.

Now here's the new twist, along with the messages I received from eBay saying the account had ben fraudulently used. I called the Post Office in Rural Retreat, VA to inquire about how the package had been refused.  As it turns out, I spoke personally with the lady who took back all the refused eBay packages from Shellie.  As it turns out, her name is indeed Shellie, and Shellie is indeed female.  I specifically asked if she returned just the Delivery Confirmation packages or all of them.  The Postal worker said that Shellie returned all of them and communicated to the Post Office that her account had been misused by someone else.  At least her story is consistent. Furthermore, she requested from the Post Office that all packages from eBay not be delivered to her anymore and the Post Office informed her they couldn't do that.

What to make of this?  Here's a theory.  Shellie Williams was asked by Eastern_Treasure_Chest/Game_Emporium/JonB/Lisas_Stuff_Too badguy if he/she could have packages delivered to her house as his/her mailbox was busted (or some other lame excuse). Badguy furthermore creates the e-mail address "[email protected]" to conduct all communications.  Badguy proceeds to conduct business as usual.  It's just a theory, and I welcome other plausible theories.  The main problem with this theory is that she confessed she had an eBay account.

Again, all of this still seems too elaborate for too tiny gains.  I remain mildly surprised the perpetrator is female.  Don't get me wrong, there are some wicked women out there, and there are plenty of females who play D&D, but my gut says the real perpetrator is a guy.  Maybe I've been thinking it's a guy for so long, I've deluded myself.  I need to go where the evidence takes me. I also don't believe it's a group of problem people in Rural Retreat.  Again, I have no evidence of this; it's just my hunch.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 pm 

So here's me all new and embarrassed  :oops:

I had a few wins with mystic-fairy from a couple weeks back and after reading up some on this thread and ebay/PayPal I put a dispute with Paypal at lunch today.  After work I got this back for all my claims...

* 7/16/2010 14:54 PDT - PayPal: A Refund was issued.

* 7/16/2010 14:54 PDT - Seller: Richard to sorry this happened! I can't even look the items up! When I click on one of my item Numbers it comes upo blank?? I dont understand it!

* 7/16/2010 14:52 PDT - Seller: Hi, Richard! I didn't do anything wrong other than not paying attention to a message I got from ebay! :( It was something about calling or something to verify your account with ebay. But being that I'm Paypal Verified, I disregarded it. Because Paypal has my Bank info, my Home Address, my Home Phone, and my Social Security Number for goodness sake! So I just assumed it was some type of pop up add or something, because I considered myself as Verified just like Paypal says I am. And PAYPAL IS in all actually EBAY? So the whole thing made no since to me at all. Well I was gone yesterday, and what I came back I find they have put my account on hold. Which was a total Shock! So now I have to call them and go through all that stuff again. To basically tell them what Paypal already knows! How stupid is that?? BUT I'm releasing your payments right now, dear! I don't want you to have to wait on your money! I've only had to file a dispute about not getting an item one time, and it took Paypal nearly 3 weeks to release the fudnds back into my account. Well I WILL not make one of my Good Customers wait that long on their money! I have to wait till monday morning to call them and get them the information they need. Then everything will be right back on track again! Heck I can't even pull the item numbers up or anything! I'm about to have a long conversation with them when I get them on the phone they have some explaining to do. Well thank you so much for your business and PLEASE do come back sometime! As your always welcome at my auctions. Sincerly, Shellie

* 7/16/2010 11:51 PDT - Buyer: Purchased from ebay seller Mystic-fairy, User no longer registered on ebay and item listing has been removed from ebay. No shipping information or contact from seller.

The long seller response was the same for my other item but the short response at 14:54 was unique to this claim.

for anyone interested this is what I came out with from Google and the email I had from the original purchase

Shellie Williams (neva4gotton) on Myspace

So I feel dumb but thanks for this thread as it has shown me several errors in my ways; and thankfully mystic-fairy didn't interfere with my win from SimperingToad.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:30 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Here's another chapter in this story.  So, I forgot to block this person and "she" bid on several of my items and won one of them.  "She" asked her bids on other items to be removed.  I posted that I forgot to block "her" on this forum and immediately "she" vehemently accused me of blocking "her" from bidding further, but when I offered "her" the same item, "she" didn't want it.  Anyway, I mailed "her" winning eBay item w/Delivery Confirmation, and it was refused.  Apparently, it's on it's way back to me.

Now here's the new twist, along with the messages I received from eBay saying the account had ben fraudulently used. I called the Post Office in Rural Retreat, VA to inquire about how the package had been refused.  As it turns out, I spoke personally with the lady who took back all the refused eBay packages from Shellie.  As it turns out, her name is indeed Shellie, and Shellie is indeed female.  I specifically asked if she returned just the Delivery Confirmation packages or all of them.  The Postal worker said that Shellie returned all of them and communicated to the Post Office that her account had been misused by someone else.  At least her story is consistent. Furthermore, she requested from the Post Office that all packages from eBay not be delivered to her anymore and the Post Office informed her they couldn't do that.

What to make of this?  Here's a theory.  Shellie Williams was asked by Eastern_Treasure_Chest/Game_Emporium/JonB/Lisas_Stuff_Too badguy if he/she could have packages delivered to her house as his/her mailbox was busted (or some other lame excuse). Badguy furthermore creates the e-mail address "[email protected]" to conduct all communications.  Badguy proceeds to conduct business as usual.  It's just a theory, and I welcome other plausible theories.  The main problem with this theory is that she confessed she had an eBay account.

Again, all of this still seems too elaborate for too tiny gains.  I remain mildly surprised the perpetrator is female.  Don't get me wrong, there are some wicked women out there, and there are plenty of females who play D&D, but my gut says the real perpetrator is a guy.  Maybe I've been thinking it's a guy for so long, I've deluded myself.  I need to go where the evidence takes me. I also don't believe it's a group of problem people in Rural Retreat.  Again, I have no evidence of this; it's just my hunch.

I dunno. As someone who was somewhat involved with this seller when "she", "he", or "it" was "Lisa", all I can say is that your theory sounds as plausible to me as any other than has been proffered. The extent of my dealings with the seller was that I won a few auctions, the delivery seemed to be taking a while, I contacted her and got a BS explanation, and immediately filed a claim (not wanting my opportunity to expire). The seller then sent the items, though they were somewhat worse than described, and I left feedback (which without looking I assume was negative or neutral, don't recall specifically).

Contrary to others' instincts here, I always felt that the seller tracked as a female.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 am 

brenscollectibles does a stellar job of describing a listing. "Unused" is not the word I'd use, even if true. "Very light staple rust..." which obviously includes stains all over the cover judging by the photo.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I like to give the benefit of a doubt to people I have never dealt with before, but this thread is too much for words to express.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am 

I can get the following eBay ID's from this seller to show up in an eBay search:

lisas_stuff_too
the_game_emporium
jonb7839
mystic-fairy
brenscollectables
the_game_boutique
the_wizards_of_all_things

But not:

the_eastern_treasure_chest

Any explanation?  :?  Also, were there any other incarnations, or is this the complete list?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 54 of 64123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 626364