ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 64123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:43 pm 

If you check out the negatives on Lisa's feedback, you'll see a number of the items that she didn't ship are now for sale by Shelly.  The MERP items stand out, etc.

I think its safe to say "Here we go again.".

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 pm 

Pipswich wrote:It seems peculiarly ironic for me to post this.  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I think that is the item I bought from Lisa that was never shipped.  Although I got my money back, lol.

That's the item that made me wonder and, after more and more items were listed, look at the seller's location.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:57 pm 

As a quick note, the seller is now also answering email as "Shellie" fulling taking on the new persona.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 am 

Incredible.  I had noticed a few items from this seller, and was wondering how someone with a zero feedback seemed to have so much good stuff to sell, and seemed to know what they were doing on eBay.  That explains it.  Having made the mistake of buying from Lisa before, I'll be staying away from her (him?) (it?) this time.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:03 am 

Have we made a believer out of Pip?

This asshole has been doing this for almost decade now. Same stock, same MO, some BS. Before this one is none, someone here will defend them and their rights and tell everyone  that there is no evidence of wrong doing. It's kinda fun watching these things unforld now. This is actually a guy BTW.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 am 

Seems to have started back quicker than before though. Perhaps, as the address is slightly different, its a friend knocking it out this time in a poor attempt to look to be someone else.

Clearly appears to be the same items though.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:33 am 

A buy and a pair of PayPal/eBay info requests would give us the most up-to-date info.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 am 

I think as long as no one goes off half cocked accusing others, both guilty and innocent of misdoings, this thread might stick.  The person certainly didn't wait long, or even hold back unique items until they were established.  I remain confused as to how anyone can be so stupid... and I don't think they can manage to skim enough from paypal to justify the effort and the lost bids.  They are compromising their own sale prices to a greater extent than they can scam paypal.  I just don't get it.

But, mainly, lets not use this as an opportunity to find snakes under every rock.  There are plenty of problems with Ebay right now, but most of them seem more typical nonsense, than calculated.  A decade long con is a rather unique situation compared to most crap.

But, yeah, I am a believer at this point.  LOL.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm 

Looking at the MERP items, its also interesting that the seller decided to list them at higher prices than they sold for last time.  It's all about the greed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:47 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I remain confused as to how anyone can be so stupid....

They're not as stupid as you might think. They have successfully managed to conceal their true identity, avoid our best attempts outwith the known channels to investigate and identify them, and consistently manage to open and run accounts with fairly rigourous authentication requirements on both eBay and PayPal for almost a decade. On the whole they remain unchecked and free to commit fraud with no form of prosecution or reprimand, and whilst we are now able to identify them early when they appear, we have no corroberating evidence as to who this person actually is.

And as far as we know, we only know of them operating in this single market. We do not knwo how, when or where else they commit similar frauds. The income related to such activities is puurely a matter of scale.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm 

This is a helpful thread--for avoiding the current encarnation of a doppelganger!
I guess we'll see the impact of another invasion of row upon row of marching ellipses!
Thanks everyone for the update.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 am 

Yet another update from Rural Retreat, VA just down the road from Wytheville.

The seller's new id is 'mystic-fairy.' The listings have a new and improved layout, though exclamation points and ellipses remain:

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm 

PaulKM wrote:Yet another update from Rural Retreat, VA just down the road from Wytheville.

The seller's new id is 'mystic-fairy.' The listings have a new and improved layout, though exclamation points and ellipses remain:

Best,

Paul

I failed to add mystic-fairy to my blocked list and she/he bid on several of my items and won several and then dropped a couple, and said she/he didn't want them anymore.  Not good.  :x

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:06 pm 

And yet again from Rural Retreat, VA:

Seller's new i.d. is 'brenscollectables.'  

Best,

Paul

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:09 am 

Any thoughts if this is another incarnation? The listing wording is better and the shipping out of the US comes with tracking or insurance...

Unless they have no intention of sending the items anyway and therefore the money is obtained for the goods and pulled from the account before it all goes belly up?? Does seem a bit of a gamble this time.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:49 am 

I was about to post this as suspicious too.

I think ash is right, we can't be sure this is the same person... but another seller of gaming material from a remote town with a population of under 2,000?  Rural Retreat, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's err on the side of caution.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 am 

TheHistorian wrote:... but another seller of gaming material from a remote town with a population of under 2,000?

And the auction text is TOO similar to be coincidental!  He can change his eBay account, but he can't change his BRAIN!

Looks like mystic-fairy account has hit a snag with guydrin_avalon:

. . . eBay Feedback Profile for mystic-fairy

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:20 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote: has hit a snag with guydrin_avalon:

Who doesn't though? The guy would appear to be a mentalist...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 64123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 626364