ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 52 of 64123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm 

rob4 wrote:Does anyone know if Lisa's stuff also sells under another eBay ID?  A while back I was browsing eBay listings and was considering bidding on an item when I noticed the seller's location was given as Wytheville, VA.  The seller wasn't lisas_stuff_too, I don't recall the exact name anymore.  It was something with 'soccer' in the name, I believe.  They had a good feedback rating as I recall, but I decided not to bid based on what I had read previously in this thread.  I meant to go back and do some more reasearch later, but I never did.  I tried a few eBay searches to see if I could find the seller again, but didn't get any results.

Yes, rob4, this seller is known for switching identies and reappearing to steal from a new crop of customers.

If you read back up the thread you will find this discussed a lot.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 pm 

RaisedFromTheDead wrote:I would certainly not ship them back at MY expense.

Damn right, but if you don't buy on a credit card PayPal and the seller have you over a barrel.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm 

rob4 wrote:Does anyone know if Lisa's stuff also sells under another eBay ID?  A while back I was browsing eBay listings and was considering bidding on an item when I noticed the seller's location was given as Wytheville, VA.  The seller wasn't lisas_stuff_too, I don't recall the exact name anymore.  It was something with 'soccer' in the name, I believe.  They had a good feedback rating as I recall, but I decided not to bid based on what I had read previously in this thread.  I meant to go back and do some more reasearch later, but I never did.  I tried a few eBay searches to see if I could find the seller again, but didn't get any results.

Sounds to me from your description like soccer_dad66, known here as TollHouseGolem. Very well respected seller of many years, with excellent feedback and nothing at all to do with this.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm 

Sounds to me like soccer-nut:

eBay Feedback Profile for soccer-nut

Long track record, great feedback, I've bought from the seller successfully.

Item locations are noted as Wytheville, VA... in this case I think it's a coincidence.

It is a pretty small town though (Wytheville, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so it's a little weird.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 pm 

Ooh. Didn't know about him.
But it's quite a coincidence that in a small hick town there's a long term well stocked D&D dealer, and at the same time someone with access to a lot of D&D stock is making big waves and ripping people off.

I'd certainly know if someone in my neighbourhood was a big D&D seller, and I'd certainly want to know if someone in my area of the country was ripping people off. ANyone know this guy's details, BTW? You come accross him, bclarkie?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Sounds to me like soccer-nut:

eBay Feedback Profile for soccer-nut

Long track record, great feedback, I've bought from the seller successfully.

Item locations are noted as Wytheville, VA... in this case I think it's a coincidence.

It is a pretty small town though (Wytheville, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so it's a little weird.

That's who I was trying to think of.  Thanks.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 pm 

Odd, though, likes to use a lot of capital letters.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm 

bombadil wrote:Odd, though, likes to use a lot of capital letters.

Wytheville, VA has a population of only 7804.  Yet apparently it is eBay D&D reseller capital of the world.  Seems entirely reasonable and believable.

Next time I'm visiting our Ashburn data center, (which hopefully won't be soon, but I digress)  I'll take a day trip down to Wytheville and have a look about.  But I would think it particularly foolish to buy anything from there online at this point.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:22 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sounds to me from your description like soccer_dad66, known here as TollHouseGolem. Very well respected seller of many years, with excellent feedback and nothing at all to do with this.

Hey, that's me! Thankfully, Woodinville WA is pretty much as far away from Wytheville VA as you can get here on the lower 48. I come from the land of coffee-swilling, tree-hugging folk, whilst VA is unfortunately tainted by proximity to the Den of Iniquity that is the "other Washington" also known as Washington DC.

mbass, thanks for the character reference :)

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:06 am 

TollHouseGolem wrote:mbass, thanks for the character reference :)

Pretty sure we've done business in the past (me a.k.a. rpg_auctions). Regardless, your feedback and online presence in the forums speak for themselves. :D

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote: .....I'd certainly know if someone in my neighborhood was a big D&D seller, and I'd certainly want to know if someone in my area of the country was ripping people off. Anyone know this guy's details, BTW? You come across him, bclarkie?

I am afraid that would not be true for me; the guy living across the street from me could be the owner of T&T and I would not know it. :oops:
Of course I do not research sellers like you guys do.

I look at Feedback, and keep several sellers IDs saved to my favs...
I normally use them whenever I can (read as: when they have something I want I go there, that is IF I also happen to have the funds at that moment).

I try very hard NOT to buy from a totally unknown (to me) new seller, unless they have some item I have had on my wish list for a long-time and even then only if I happen to have the funds at that moment.

It works OK for me as a part time/small time collector.
Yes, at one time I was an E-Bay bloodhound of a collector, chasing every item I could.
But that ended like a crash into a brick wall several years ago.
Immediate, sudden and pretty much final.
And yes, I know I have a few very nice items (almost all from those earlier blood hound collecting years) but in all honesty I truly am merely a part time/small time collector now, just been doing it for a little while.

I also count my blessings for folks here that are (seemingly if not truly) big time full time bloodhound collectors. (And damned fine detectives too…)
As they often point out the asshat sellers and even (though less often) the bad buyers to avoid.
Even though the bad buyers would not directly and immediately affect me (since I seldom sell my items, which is a direct reason for the relatively middling size of my collection BTW) those same buyers often sell at a later time, and if they are asshats when they are buyers, there is no reason to think they would reverse that status as sellers.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:17 am 

Well Paypal refunded all my money from my claim against Lisa.  Email below.

Hello Martin Paul Britt,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $41.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Notice that the "seller's account has insufficient funds" so that means that Lisa got away with her/his money.  We will have to be vigilante as he/she/it will show up again in the near future.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 am 

if y'all knew this was him again, why did anyone even go and buy?

how strange!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 am 

killjoy32 wrote:if y'all knew this was him again, why did anyone even go and buy?

how strange!

My thoughts exactly, but some people believe if PayPal covers them, then the only person being stolen from is PayPal and they're happy to fund that type of theft. Some, like Martin above, was unsure and decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. Others were out and out willing to colude and help him steal money. There's a broad spectrum from those who got caught up and won't make the same mistake next time, to those who don't think he's doing anything wrong and are happy to defend his actions.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 am 

Yeah, I kind of "pushed the button" before I realized it was Lisa.  I will not do that again.  

Now we wait about 6 months and he will pop up again with a new name.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:46 am 

Prufrock wrote:Now we wait about 6 months and he will pop up again with a new name.

Past form would suggest a couple of years. Maybe he can only pop up between spells in prison for shoplifting and buggery.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Past form would suggest a couple of years. Maybe he can only pop up between spells in prison for shoplifting and buggery.

Just in case:

Seller shell19872010 (0) is located in Rural Retreat, VA just down the road from Wytheville.  The seller does use some capitalization, "HELLO"* and an extra exclamation point.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Best,

Paul

*edit: spelling.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:23 pm 

It seems peculiarly ironic for me to post this.  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I think that is the item I bought from Lisa that was never shipped.  Although I got my money back, lol.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 52 of 64123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 626364