ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 64123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm 

bbarsh wrote:eBay Feedback Profile for lisas_stuff_too

Falling quickly now.

Oh...wait!  Yeah!  We were talking about JonB/Lisa, weren't we!  :idea:

Interesting that the star ratings still stay realtively high.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:51 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Interesting that the star ratings still stay realtively high.

eBay's little blurb on "How is Feedback Percentage calculated?" has a bit that says
The positive Feedback percentage is calculated based on the total number of positive and negative Feedback ratings for transactions that ended in the last 12 months, excluding repeat Feedback from the same member in the same week.

eBay's  blurb under the question-mark for "Detailed Seller Ratings" has a bit that says
The detailed seller ratings table shows the seller's average ratings and the number of ratings they've received. Average ratings are computed on a rolling 12-month basis, and will only appear when at least ten ratings have been received.

Simplistic solutions for what should be a complex rating . . .

I applaud Lisa/JonB for working the system in the same way that I applaud other acts of evil.  Thank you for being an example of how dishonest and corrupt one can be on eBay.  Thank you also for showing how inept eBay is at preventing such fraud.  My lack of faith in humanity has been restored.

*shakes head sadly*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:34 pm 

And time to clear up some of this nonsense and yes I'm coming out swinging.  Divide and conquer troll is trying to divide and concquer:

Pipswich wrote:Mbassoc,

Perhaps this has been presented so concisely in the past and I missed it.

So you haven't even bothered to read the thread and still adamantly defend this long time thief.  What a surprise.

And yes for the record, there are multiple accounts of this seller STEALING from people, including many of those on this forum.  If you'd have actually taken time to pull your head out of your ass and actually read up on this person or even peruse the 450+ unique negatives this person has racked up under 4 Ebay IDs over 6 years or so, you probably would have spared us this stupidity and just STFU.  And that of course doesn't even cover then endless bullshit lies that they spouted over the years.  Clearly the only issue is slow shipping. :rolleyes:
Pipswich wrote:And, although it appears that the accusations against them are well founded, whining doesn't get much done.

Whining?  Good grief.  Continuing to keep this topic current to help prevent other buyers from falling into the trap is anything but whinning.

OTOH, this was definitely some whining here:

Shady Dealers

and of course along the same strand there was this statement from you:

Pipswich wrote:
Nonetheless, I plan to keep an eye on her feedback and if no other issues crop up, I will consider initiating a feedback withdrawal.  I do appreciate the nature of community input and decisions.  If others here have subsequent transactions and emails with her which reveal her to be ignorant but learning rather than intentionally misrepresenting or switching merchandise, I will reconsider my initial judgment based upon the additional evidence.  I will most certainly not be doing business with her myself.

I wonder how that all worked out:

eBay Feedback Profile for junogrrl

Nope, no change there.  Another surprise. :lol:

Pipswich wrote:I have not been significantly harmed by them and unless ebay/paypal change the nature of buyers protection, it seems I won't be.

Well why not?  I mean:

Pipswich wrote:I still think that if the harm is down to slow shipping...  then there are bigger fish to fry.

Oh wait.

Pipswich wrote:The world has real problems to address if you want moral or ethics arguments.  The global warming/war/poverty/famine/health care issues are but a scattering of things that actually deserve real consideration.

You're right.  I mean obviously we can't possibly worry about anything other than these huge issues, that none of us have any real control over.

Pipswich wrote:If the worst we are facing on ebay now is former scam artists tying up our money for a few weeks, instead of simply stealing it....  in practical terms the real problem is solved.

Why is it that you're not planning on buying from Lisa again then?

Pipswich wrote:Syria....long drawn out attempt at changing the subject.

Another shocker.

More to come....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 pm 

More to correct:

sauromatian wrote:I was subjected to hazing when I joined the Acaeum, but only for a few days.

This is a horseshit, always has been.  There is no hazing, nor was there ever.  In order for there to be hazing, there would have to be some sort of set up for it, secretly. There isn't, nor has there ever been.

That said, if you're a tool and act as such, more times than not you get treated like it. That's not hazing, that's getting what you deserved.

sauromatian wrote: I'm sure I would not have been strong enough to stay had it continued forever. The fact that you are is surely a testament to something.

This of course is because you're both cut from the same cloth.

Pipswich wrote:Has Lisa stolen anything in the last 2,000 transactions?

I'm guessing you haven't looked at her feedback recently.

Pipswich wrote:How long is this crusade to last?

As long as they are stealing from people and not a day shorter. Why should it be any less?

Pipswich wrote:Is the response here justified by the bad behavior experienced?

That you don't actually know the answer to this, says about all that needs to be said.  

Pipswich wrote:Which gets us back to why waste your time on this small issue?  There are real problems in the world worthy of attention.

Here we go again with this nonsense.  Perhaps you should take some of your own advice and go off into the world worrying about the more important things, instead of cluttering up this forum with your moronic rantings.

Pipswich wrote:More inane rambling about nothing that has to do with the topic at hand.

Seriously, do they like pay you for their defense here or are you just generally this stupid?

Pipswich wrote:If the goal is to prevent members from online fraud, there have to be better ways to go about it than this long ranting thread about one ebay seller.

Let's hear it then.  We're all ears.  You type lots, but say absolutely nothing.  It's been that way from the beginning and nothing has changed.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm 

The woman never responded to the feedback withdrawal request.  Not much I can do about it.  I believe I even asked people to contact her to let her know I was trying to remove it.  I am too lazy to look for the post, but feel free.

I recommended starting a sticky about how to avoid ebay scams and presented 6 items to consider.  In spite of the fact that I suggested it....  :P  it might be a good idea.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 am 

Prufrock wrote:"Lisa" has offered a partial refund of $11 on a $41 item.  I have denied the partial refund.  Should be interesting how Paypal rules with the meltdown now so public.

Martin

Paypal has ruled in my favor.  I am to send back the item (Midkemia: Tulan) and will receive a refund.  I am to send the item back with Delivery Confirmation.  Do you all have any other advice for me before I send this back to a fake address.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 am 

Phone PayPal and ask them to confirm the address you are to return the goods to. Or ask in writing in the PayPal claim thread you've openned with the seller on your account, for them to confirm the return address in the PayPal thread for the record. If they won't, phone PayPal and express your concerns ansking them to confirm what actions you are to take in writing or by e-mail.

You need proof in writing from either PayPal or the seller that you have been instructed to post the goods to a specified address. If neither PayPal nor the seller will quote the address in a location where all parties can see it (ie your PayPal account or thread), then I'd give serious consideration to dealing with this through your Credit Card.

Send with delivery confirmation and request a signature if possible.
That will be suffice for PayPal's purposes.

Could you clarify to bclarkie or myself what name and address you've been given by PayPal to return the item to, and when delivery confirmation is made? This will confirm if a person at that address is actually posing and receiving packages, and in what name they are operating.

A wise fraudster who wished to hide their identity would provide a refund with no return of goods. The use of a confirmed address is a nice piece of inform.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 am 

As a side note, I assume no-one here is still paying for things using PayPal by doing a bank transfer or using accrued balance.

If you do not use your credit card, you have far less protection than you think.

People have been warning of this on these forums for years. Do not use credit balance or bank transfer, ever. Threads like these should teach that lesson before you find yourself on the crappy end of a transaction gone wrong.

PS. Grodog. You gotta tell us what happened with that woodgrain and your CC claim. Has it been resolved?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 am 

Here is the email I received from paypal:"Please ship the items listed as "Granted" below back to the seller. Theitems should be in their original condition and you are responsible forshipping and handling costs.
** expired/removed eBay auction **
: MIDHEMIA PRESS " TULAN OF THE ISLES " RARE NON-TSR D&D!Outcome: grantedSeller's address: 1355 West Ridge Road Lot 8Wytheville, VA 24382United StatesOnce you've shipped the item(s), please log in to your PayPal account andvisit the Resolution Center to provide online tracking information for thepackage.This tracking information is necessary because it confirms that the packagewas delivered.If the transaction was $250.00 USD or more, we require that you ask theseller to sign for the package when it is received.-----------------------------------Deadline: 10 days-----------------------------------Within 10 calendar days, please mail the item(s) and provide trackinginformation that can be verified online."Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 am 

So, Martin, did you send it back, and if so, was delivery confirmed?

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:31 am 

bombadil,

Just got the email to send item back last night.  I will send it back on Saturday.  I will update.  But I bet the delivery will not be confirmed, because it is a fake address.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 am 

Will you still get the refund though, otherwise you'll be waiting forever?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 am 

Did you buy with a credit card and do you have the option of chargeback?
You certainly shouldn't be picking up the tab for recorded delivery with insurance.

If it's not signed for, you have to claim for lost mail against the PO. And if it's returned to you as undeliverable you're screwed. This is a credit card issue, because PayPal Protection (despite what Pip says) isn't worth sh!t.

I've been doing this for five years now. Here's what I've learned about PayPal....

1. NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT USING A CREDIT CARD.
2. NEVER EVER LEAVE ANY MONEY SITTING IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

If you follow those two rules, pretty much everything will work out fine.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 am 

I do not buy with a credit card.  I buy thru paypal electronic transfer from bank account.  We'll see how this goes.  Paypal will be able to see that I have sent the package.  It will be tracked thru the system to the fictious address and then returned.  I'm hoping they will then refund my money.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am 

Have you thought about getting a CC for use online with a low limit and just clear it each month? At least with a CC, if PayPal decide not to refund your money, you can chargeback. In all honesty, and I'm sure there are those who can back this up with personal experience, you're better off going direct to your CC in the first instance.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:11 pm 

Does anyone know if Lisa's stuff also sells under another eBay ID?  A while back I was browsing eBay listings and was considering bidding on an item when I noticed the seller's location was given as Wytheville, VA.  The seller wasn't lisas_stuff_too, I don't recall the exact name anymore.  It was something with 'soccer' in the name, I believe.  They had a good feedback rating as I recall, but I decided not to bid based on what I had read previously in this thread.  I meant to go back and do some more reasearch later, but I never did.  I tried a few eBay searches to see if I could find the seller again, but didn't get any results.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:07 pm 

?! Is this joke, trolling, or a serious supposition?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 pm 

I would certainly not ship them back at MY expense.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 64123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 626364