ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:52 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Look whose bidding on this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW
Although its like turning to the dark side, do you think somebody should try to warn him, to see if he hasn't already realized who he is buying from? 8O

Proof of existence of a higher power.  Too funny, if Cougie wants to bid on Game Emporium's stuff, well...
Although most will remember that ETC and GE started out legit, pulling people in with good feedback and decent items for sale, before (both times) eventually not shipping and disappearing.  Based on this, I suspect that the first few rounds of offerings from the New Game Emporium will probably be trouble free and with a minimum of late shipping as the conmen like to spread a little "seed" around to help the vines grow.....All these first auctions will no doubt go well. It's the people buying from him in a few months that will have problems....

Its amazing how eerily dead the rest of his auctions are though. Almost no action at all:
eBay listings

Its almost like the calm before the storm............... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well, sometimes even conmen and pyramid schemers overestimate stupidity of a guilable public.  I mean, there are 30+ other Fiend Folios for sale at this time (some starting as low as a buck), and a half dozen auctions for L1 Bone Hill (starting at the same), so I don't know the New Game Emporium will get any points saying that the items are "Rare" when it's obvious they aren't, or having starting bids quite a bit more than the Ebay average.  Maybe Mysterious Strangers won't have to bid on this guys stuff after all.............. :twisted:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:29 pm 

I just realized something.  Today is the day of reckoning for 9 of these auctions.  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:38 pm 

TIME TO DROP THE BOMB!

TO HELL WITH THAT THIEVING BITCH!

NUKEM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:59 pm 

Y'know I have to say that this whole affair would make an intriguing plot for a module.  A rumor circulates around a bazzar or marketplace that a merchant in a distant land holds great treasures he's willing to part with, yet cannot journey to the marketplace himself, so he sends his lackeys to do the selling.

Other rumors circulate that the merchant is in fact lord of a guild of theives bent on robbing seekers of rare and wondrous items - and there is evidence of those very misdeeds.

A party of adventurers must be assembled, therefore, to...

:twisted:

I'm off to write!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:06 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:Y'know I have to say that this whole affair would make an intriguing plot for a module. A rumor circulates around a bazzar or marketplace that a merchant in a distant land holds great treasures he's willing to part with, yet cannot journey to the marketplace himself, so he sends his lackeys to do the selling.

Other rumors circulate that the merchant is in fact lord of a guild of theives bent on robbing seekers of rare and wondrous items - and there is evidence of those very misdeeds.

A party of adventurers must be assembled, therefore, to...

:twisted:

I'm off to write!

Dear god, that's brilliant.  Could you put in something about a greedy mountain cat?  :D

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:15 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Dear god, that's brilliant. Could you put in something about a greedy mountain cat? :D

Or a tan Rakshasa? :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:45 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Dear god, that's brilliant. Could you put in something about a greedy mountain cat? :D

Or a tan Rakshasa? :)

I think the Rakshasha is a fine villian here.

Hmm, character levels 3-6...yes...yes, this will do nicely.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:34 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:Hmm, character levels 3-6...yes...yes, this will do nicely.

:lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:54 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:Hmm, character levels 3-6...yes...yes, this will do nicely.

:lol: :lol:

Hey, you said in a different thread that you were moving up to Orlando.  Do you still play AD&D at all?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:32 pm 

Master Shiller, were art thou? :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:34 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:Hey, you said in a different thread that you were moving up to Orlando. Do you still play AD&D at all?

I haven't played in 12ish years, but doesn't mean I would not play again.

I'm moving to Orlando 10ish of April.  I'm always willing to meet new gamers, but we'd have to convince the wife to play 1e/od&d...she's a big fan of 3E (though she started earlier than me, go fig *shrug*) :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Master Shiller, were art thou? :?

WTF happened?  No mysterious bidder???? :oops:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:18 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:Hey, you said in a different thread that you were moving up to Orlando. Do you still play AD&D at all?

I haven't played in 12ish years, but doesn't mean I would not play again.

I'm moving to Orlando 10ish of April. I'm always willing to meet new gamers, but we'd have to convince the wife to play 1e/od&d...she's a big fan of 3E (though she started earlier than me, go fig *shrug*) :)

Love to meet up with y'all and at least discuss the possibility.  Heck, Mrs. Delver plays so maybe that'd give some leverage! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:21 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote: A rumor circulates around a bazzar or marketplace

which of course the party could hear from when they stop one night by the side of a gypsy caravan, where there is a storyteller who weaves mysterious tales!

On their way to their destination, they could be hampered by a drugged-crazed-madman who is intent on stealing their money all the time. he initiallly trieds to befriend as he is alone and nobody likes him and then, once everyone lets their guard down and offers him food and drink around the campfire, he switches into the crazed loon that he is!

they could also be attacked by a mountain cougar that has strange tendencies to attack the party at night and steals anything they are carrying in a sack!

oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:04 am 

Ah, lack of coordination in the shill attack. I think Dnd4evva's account has maxed out. Probably time for a new one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:47 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
which of course the party could hear from when they stop one night by the side of a gypsy caravan, where there is a storyteller who weaves mysterious tales!

On their way to their destination, they could be hampered by a drugged-crazed-madman who is intent on stealing their money all the time. he initiallly trieds to befriend as he is alone and nobody likes him and then, once everyone lets their guard down and offers him food and drink around the campfire, he switches into the crazed loon that he is!

they could also be attacked by a mountain cougar that has strange tendencies to attack the party at night and steals anything they are carrying in a sack!

oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

I'm a member of the HMGS (Historical Miniatures Gaming Society) and regularly run an AD&D tourney at their Tampa conventions.  I'm absolutely going to use this as a module for an upcoming game!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:53 am 

DungeonDelver wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
I'm a member of the HMGS (Historical Miniatures Gaming Society) and regularly run an AD&D tourney at their Tampa conventions. I'm absolutely going to use this as a module for an upcoming game!

hehehe if you do i have soooo got to see the mod! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:33 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

Well, I'm in the RPGA but have never written a mod for it...

You want old school, we could avoid the RPGA and write it as a Blackmoor mod seeing as its been rereleased by Dave w/ http://www.zeitgeistgames.com.  They have a MMRPG system up now...maybe you could even order it to read it. ;)

PreviousNext