ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 50 of 64123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 626364
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Do we have actual proof that Cougie has stolen stuff, not shipped stuff, of actually committed fraud?

I have no idea, but any debate between you & lawrenson means that his bouncing boobies icon will appear next to your bouncing pussy icon. Perfect, a complete set.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:59 am 

Pipswich wrote: And, I do not feel that it is my role to judge others or punish them for alleged past crimes.  If you feel that is your role, so be it.  I hope you are very good and perfect at it.  Since every time the mob is wrong an innocent suffers.  Do you really trust angry mobs... in person or on an internet forum?

I've learned to trust myself, and when I'm wrong I'll admit it, but in this case I'm not wrong. By contrast, since you've shown up here you've showed an absolutely amazing capacity to be completely wrong all the time, and a decided reluctance to admit that.

You know, sometimes the majority is RIGHT.  Getting all in touch with your feelings and not wanting to judge or make decisions just makes you ineffective, not more enlightened. It's also made me realize you're really kind of a boob.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 am 

Another round of oddly emphatic absolute statements that can neither be proven right nor wrong but make you feel good Mike?  chuckle.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:17 am 

What can be proved is that ETC?JonB/Lisa has stolen thousands of dollard from hundreds of eBayers, and has taken no action at all to change his pattern of offending.

Despite all your pansy bulls!t apologies for them.

So here is a simple question...
Will you now help Lisa steal money?
If you do, are you then going to plead, "I didn't know she was going to do that. It's PayPal's fault for letting it happen."

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 am 

No, I am not going to help Lisa or anyone else steal money.  I am not even sure Lisa is stealing money, that's what is bothering you.  She is certainly not stealing from me.  You have found her guilty of current or contemplated theft based upon past actions.  

Past actions may suggest a propensity or likelihood to engage in similar behavior again.  But, they do not guarantee it.  The ebay/paypal system is cleaner than it used to be and if anyone is harmed it will be Paypal.  

By your logic, can we have a dozen speeding tickets sent to every Acaeum member who has received two or three in the past.  We can logically conclude prior offenders will speed again.  In most states, that will result in automatic drivers license suspension or worse.  Too bad for all of us... we are guilty as charged for crimes that haven't even happened yet?

I can't remedy the past.  I can't predict the future.  Neither can you.

And, I will not participate in punishing an individual or a business because some people (some of whom are competitors who routinely publish questionable moral judgments) on a website decide the owner or business is unethical.  

Let's start a list of businesses that have committed one serious transgression (or several) that the Acaeum can boycot to equally great effect!

Anyone for Walmart, Toyota, GM, Merril Lynch, BofA, Sears, Cracker Barrel, Comcast or Pfizer...  How about the insurance companies, pension plans, mutual fund managers and hospital administrators who hire actuaries to help determine whether to provide treatments or services based upon the potential cost of litigation and punitive damages rather than the contractually required health needs of their patients?

What makes Lisa so special?  She's not even a big fish.  

If the thread serves one genuine purpose it is to remind people that if their goods don't arrive then they need to file a claim within the 45 day time frame.  That advice is not specific to Lisa.  Perhaps a sticky that addressed how to go about protecting yourself from internet scams would be more useful than a multi year thread with hundreds of posts calling attention to one transgressor.  

Recommendations:
1.  Don't buy from people with tons of negative feedback
2.  If you succumb to the temptation, be sure to pay via paypal and with a credit card.
3.  If your goods don't arrive in a timely manner do not wait beyond the deadlines to file for a refund.
4.  Never send money via western union
5.  Don't commit scams and expect paypal and your credit card to support you when you have problems.  You destroyed your credibility by making yourself statistically obvious.
6.  If you suspect that you are receiving a fraudulent package, do not rip it open in anger.  Instead, arrange for a credible witness to help photo document the package being opened.  Note: your local post office manager is a damn credible witness if they are willing to assist.
7. etc. etc.

If the goal is to prevent members from online fraud, there have to be better ways to go about it than this long ranting thread about one ebay seller.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 am 

Some people just can't be convinced in the face of overwhelming evidence.  If Pip wants to think of himself as Henry Fonda in 12 Angry Men, so be it.  A fool and his money are soon parted.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 am 

I love Juror #8!  In that time and place, he was a hero.  Several of the jurors were too prejudiced to serve and the defense attorney was bored and inept.  I hope they reached the right conclusion though, I just don't know.   :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 am 

Pipswich wrote:Another round of oddly emphatic absolute statements that can neither be proven right nor wrong but make you feel good Mike?  chuckle.

No, I'm pretty certain if we whipped up some sort of test you'd be proven to be stupid. chuckle.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:21 am 

Pipswich wrote:I can't remedy the past.  I can't predict the future.  Neither can you.

Well, I CAN predict the future! Watch:

I predict you'll continue to make inane, ludicrous statements proving you're either a glutton for punishment or demented.  You'll be roundly dissed by all members here. You'll continue to be proud of yourself and your daring "contrary" opinons.  Everyone here will continue to tune to watch you spew crap.  You'll continue to be delibertly oblivious (cause it's cool to be the underdog).

Winner!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:21 am 

Badmike wrote:
Well, I CAN predict the future! Watch:

I predict you'll continue to make inane, ludicrous statements proving you're either a glutton for punishment or demented.  You'll be roundly dissed by all members here. You'll continue to be proud of yourself and your daring "contrary" opinons.  Everyone here will continue to tune to watch you spew crap.  You'll continue to be delibertly oblivious (cause it's cool to be the underdog).

Winner!

Mike B.

Let's move this spanking over to a new thread ... in fact, I'll make one. :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:13 am 

WOOT!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:33 am 

I didn't know because I haven't checked in awhile, but right now Lisa's Stuff Sucks has nothing for sale on ebay....still feedback trickling in though....I wonder if they are hanging it up or just laying low giving the FB time to stabilize....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:04 pm 

"I wonder if they are hanging it up"

I think the premise of this thread is that they never "hang it up" :P

Ask me about my new M16!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 pm 

Tharizdun wrote:"I wonder if they are hanging it up"

I think the premise of this thread is that they never "hang it up" :P

Well, "hanging it up" until the heat has died down (8-12 months) before giving it a go again as Lisa's long lost cousin or whatever.....
:wink:  
Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:37 pm 

Badmike wrote: Lisa's long lost cousin or whatever.....
:wink:  
Mike B.

or pip's sister...  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm 

"Lisa's long lost cousin or whatever....."

How about Lisa's dead husband!  :twisted:

Ask me about my new M16!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 pm 

Pipswich wrote:By your logic, can we have a dozen speeding tickets sent to every Acaeum member who has received two or three in the past.

Again, you continue to apologise for an asshole who has stolen from hundreds of people. Not three or four! And you defend the thief against all common sense. This raises the question of whether or not you are related to this seller and their activities, and whether or not you are likely to partake in such things yourself. You have demonstrated that you have no problem trivialising a level of fraud rarely seen on this scale, and appear to condone such activities on grounds that morally you have no issue because it's PayPal's money that is stolen.

You are either pretending to be morally degenerate just to attract attention and a feeling of self-worth in the community, or you genuinely feel that Lisa/Jonb/ETC are worthy of support because they have found a way of stealing and surviving and proven it works over the years, and you're happy to support them because you don't lose out.

I don't tend to believe you are pretending anymore. I suspect you are a  supporter of crime so long as you don't lose out yourself. Does this only apply to fraud, or do you apply the same efhic right across the board?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:29 pm 

eBay Feedback Profile for lisas_stuff_too

Falling quickly now.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 50 of 64123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 626364