ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 64123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 pm 

As far as I'm concerned, Lisa's Shit Stinks is done, and all that awaits us is to remain vigilant for the next incarnation of the Crooks form Virginny.  All the Syria whatever stuff is just distraction, and we should remember the main purpose of this thread is to point out one particular Ebay criminal. That has been done, now just to watch the meltdown.

BTW every single incarnation of this swindler has ended with a death or dying relative, and if you remember this scammer actually stooped to disgustingness by lying about a husband that supposedly served in the military and was killed. As far as I'm concerned, this is the worst fucking scumbag lie ever and this person is a piece of human filth.  Kind of silly they are peddling the same crap when the seller has no power on ebay now and buyers can very easily get their money back, but I guess old habits die hard.  Anyway, this is pretty much over so no need for everyone here to get all bent out of shape over non-isssues.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 am 

Everybody listen up!

When you see this: Pipswich

Press this button in your brain: IGNORE THE TROLL

PS. Has Pipswich EVER contributed to a single piece of useful information concerning the collectability of D&D material? If not, can Foul please bring out the Troll-Banner Hammer +10 and use it on this Troll? Please!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 am 

with regards the money and Paypal, if this thief takes the cash out of their paypal account and closes their bank account/card that connects to it, what does paypal do then. The seller gets the money, doesn't ship the item, stalls the sale, clears the money, closes the bank account, gone.
Does paypal just pay the buyer? If so, this piece of crap loses nothing, no 'money tied up', no loss, no police turning up on their doorstep...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:That site lifted its information from thw CIA factbook at CIA - The World Factbook

No one is calling you a liar.  Truth on the ground is different from the view from 20,000 feet.

Ah, the CIA, the standardbearers of truth......
You're right, John. I know better than to be offended when a troll calls me a liar. His opinion is worthless, as has been demonstrated repeatedly.
I am sure easternlisa will be back. eBay enables idiots like that. Give it about 5 months.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 am 

Kosh,

Welcome back dude.  And, i just feel the love!  Once a month you seem to come back just to flame me.  All I have seen you do is flame and complain, so your hobby horse looks a bit wobbly. Nevertheless, thanks for whatever you contributed to the site.  The site certainly makes it easier to collect d&d.  Wish I had more to contribute, but alas, most of the material the site focuses on was well cataloged before I arrived.

Raised from Dead:

I certainly did not call you a liar.  Read your post.  You noted that you were there over thirty years ago and had not kept up with the situation.  Thirty years ago the U.S. was a superpower, the Berlin Wall stood and the U.S.S.R. was a nation.  Syria evolved.  (Although Iraqi insurgents are accused of controlling most of the trafficking).

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:39 am 

Pip - You have compleyely avoided explaining how you justify you personally choosing to help someone steal money from PayPal. Now that you know the intention is to steal, how do you, in full knowledge of the crime being committed, justify helping them perform the theft. Stop all the bullsh!t and explain your position. It's not hard. All it takes is balls and a backbone.

Kosh - Pip may be someone who just sits on the site and watches, but I wouldn't go so far as to label him a troll. Not in the same sence as some of the other muppets have been. He does at least for the most part offer up logical argument and put his points across with diplomacy. I think the problem in this case is that he has come to the conclusion based on the facts that he has been buying from a known felon, and he has expounded his intent to continue dealing with them, and he is having issues with explaining to himself, and his critics, why he now wishes to help them continue committing their crimes.

His position seems to be, "PayPal have the money to lose and I personally won't get hurt, so let's do it." But he won't elaborate.

Ash - Even if PayPal have a bank account still connected to a PayPal account that is open, the have no right under UK law to remove money that has been transfered out of a persons PayPal account, back into the PayPal account. I suspect the same is the case in the USA.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:52 am 

Thanks for clarifying that Mbass, that means the seller isn't losing anything (again!)

That sucks arse then. Anyone supporting this sort of fraud from Paypal needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 am 

PayPal doesn't lose either. PayPal pass the debt on to sellers by increasing fees. Whilst Pip speaks about not supporting theft, he also admits to wanting to assist in crimes. I think he just does it to get attention on the boards.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ash - Even if PayPal have a bank account still connected to a PayPal account that is open, the have no right under UK law to remove money that has been transfered out of a persons PayPal account, back into the PayPal account. I suspect the same is the case in the USA.

This is the case in the U.S. Paypal cannot dip into your bank account if you are negative. In fact, they will send you a polite message indicating you are negative and to please bring your account back. I had it happen when I got a fraudulent charge back. Everything worked out in the end, but paypal never charged my bank account. I do not know about credit cards - I don't have one connected to paypal and I never will.
So on one hand I can applaud paypal, but on the other they suck.
I am pretty sure if you do not bring your paypal account positive, they go the collections route - I do not know this for sure, but I bet it is the case. They are going to protect their side of the balance sheet. So "lisa" is not going to get off scott free and leave paypal holding the bag, unless "she" does not care about a judgement or credit rating. "she" may not and her entire account could be fraudulent (which appears to be the case).

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:...whilst in the UAE.

Pipswich wrote:Syria is an...

RaisedFromTheDead wrote: I've been there,...

SoulCatcher78 wrote:How did we go from a brief mention of the UAE to Syria?

Pip, are you thinking of the UAR, an old name for Syria? The United Arab Emirates is a Persian Gulf country, completely different.

Kosh Vorlontay wrote: can Foul please bring out the Troll-Banner Hammer +10 and use it on this Troll? Please!

Doubtful, since that only emerges for those who threaten the Acaeum itself.  Otherwise, Pip, I salute you for staying here under endless duress, all the while never losing your temper, always staying friendly & polite even while your words are taken deliberately out of context, your wife is compared to an orc, & a thousand other undeserved indignities. I was subjected to hazing when I joined the Acaeum, but only for a few days. I'm sure I would not have been strong enough to stay had it continued forever. The fact that you are is surely a testament to something.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 am 

In defence of Pip, Syria was mentioned prior to me mentioning my time in the UAE. Frank mentioned his experiences in Syria, and Pip was responding to him; not to my mention of the UAE. This is a tangent people just ran with, not Pip.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:14 pm 

I don't know how I feel about doing future business with Lisa, etc.  There are confusing ethics and personal animosities involved with some of you.  I am just collecting.  I expect we all know that there are people perfectly capable of creating extra accounts so that they can buy bargains from Lisa  

Has Lisa stolen anything in the last 2,000 transactions?  And, the account is not closed.  At this point, I think they are slow shippers, unresponsive and simply aggravating!  Predicting their future behavior is for psychics and I don't listen to psychics.

Hypothetically, if they skip out and run, leaving Paypal holding the bag... I don't think it effects our seller fees.  Fees on 2,000+ transaction will more than offset the loss.  Some of you argue that they should not be allowed to sell on ebay.  Perhaps so, but that will INCREASE your seller fees.  

A more interesting argument would be that Lisa's behavior chases customers away from Ebay entirely and that harms all of us.  Ebay, paypal, every seller and every customer.  And, getting Lisa off of ebay might increase your sales (and mine), since the crusade against Lisa results in some things selling so cheaply that the rest of us can't compete, or resist shopping with her.  

How long is this crusade to last?  Is the response here justified by the bad behavior experienced?  If they can now only steal from a "knowing and informed" business partner... ie. Ebay/Paypal that is a commerce risk that Ebay/Paypal are in a better position to assess than you or me.  

Oh, and don't worry about the banks.  The banks and credit cards get their money back from ebay and paypal when a withdrawal is fraudulent.  The laws protecting the banks and cc's are much stronger than any protecting ebay and paypal as an "interested party" to the fraudulent transaction.  So, even if Lisa were to close an account and skip out with a bunch of money from transactions... it will be ebay/paypal holding the empty bag... not the banks.   

So, I don't know what I will do in the future.  Sorry if that annoys you.  But, I won't be bullied into a crusade by angry people on an internet forum.   :D  Especially one that 1. doesn't appear to be working 2. is as easy to circumvent as creating a new account  and 3. that may not appear to be in my best interests as a consumer.  Although, I am pretty annoyed at Lisa that I couldn't get an email until I left a negative.  And, I am self determinedly idiosyncratic about expecting decent service... so I doubt it will be anytime soon before I bid on her auctions.

Sorry if some of you were robbed.  But, oddly, weren't some of the people in this crusade "not robbed".   Which gets us back to why waste your time on this small issue?  There are real problems in the world worthy of attention.  

And, thanks for the kind words Sauromatian.  The forum is both interesting and useful.  When I tried to leave, I kept coming up anyway... so I feel it better to at least be able to express my side of the stories/rants.  I do try to do so politely.

Meanwhile, back to hunting ebay for bargains!  The quality of the collection is directly related to the time spent pursuing it!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm 

So you are happy to help a provan theif steal, but you made it plain you wouldn't be willing to buy from me because I advocated charebacks against a thief? You're not willing to buy from someone who supports retaliation, but you will help people steal? You have a seriously flawed moral compass, Pip.

I note you have problems acknowledging the facts that are very clear and concisely laid out for you, and that you continue to apologise for them and do not acknowledge any moral responsibility. How very convenient and political of you. That type of "I'm alright, Jack" politics f"cks up countries.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So you are happy to help a provan theif steal, but you made it plain you wouldn't be willing to buy from me because I advocated charebacks against a thief? You're not willing to buy from someone who supports retaliation, but you will help people steal? You have a seriously flawed moral compass, Pip.

but isnt this exactly like you buying from Cougarrinard?

Cheers,
malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:17 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
but isnt this exactly like you buying from Cougarrinard?

Cheers,
malc

Cool. Now here's a question for the board, because I've never asked it but I'm curious...

Do we have actual proof that Cougie has stolen stuff, not shipped stuff, of actually committed fraud? We have that for the Callahans. I'm not saying there isn't, just that I'd like to know what it is.

But in a word, "No" Malc. If I buy from Cougie and he ships me an item, a purchase has been made. If you buy from Lisa and she ships the item to you, a purchase has been made. No-one loses anything and no crime occurs. If you buy from Lisa in the full knowledge that you likely to need to make a PayPal claim, (and Pip has already acknowledged his need to claim through PayPal), then you are buying an item in the full knowledge that the seller needs you to transfer money to them for them to steal it, and that you then need to claim against PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy. If I bought something from Cougie, knowing he was not going to ship to me, and I then claimed to PayPal knowing that PayPal and not Cougie was going to pay the loss, the I would be knowingly helping someone commit a crime.

So long as Lisa continues to ship goods and no-one makes any claims to PayPal, no crime is occuring. But when buyers deliberately buy knowing that a crime is likely to happen and they don't give a f"ck because they're alright, Jack. That is when they are complicit in committing a crime.

And for Pip to continue to plead ignorance, "She's just a slow shipper and she's not Lisa Callahan partner of Robert Callahan, the person who's been stealing under four previous eBay IDs over 7 years" is just Pip being and ignorant AH for the sake of baiting the community.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:48 pm 

So do we turn the frustration with PayPal and eBay back upon Acaeum members through self-policing?
I wonder if the target of criticism in this thread needs to be clarified and re-directed back to the source of discontent: eBay and PayPal's decision-makers and policies?
If so, isn't it that the most control any of us can have there ultimately is whether to participate, and whith whom?
It seems to me there are always going to be Shadies/shades in every system who force me to get clear and act in accordance with my terms.  
I still am trying to figure out why eBay and PP permit some sellers to practice with a sub-99% feedback rating after a few hundred/thousand sales!
Thanks everyone for the details on the PP/eBay banking practices on this thread.
My two bits, at any rate.
Gary

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:45 pm 

We disagree on some core issues.  

I don't see the crime about to happen.  You continue to cast me in false light and place words in my mouth.  I ask again that you stop doing so.

I expect that Lisa manages to get in over her head and get behind.  If she stole in the past, I can't remedy that.  I don't believe ebay/paypal make it easy for people to do that anymore and I will let them police their own bank accounts.  

I expect I will either get the item eventually or a refund.  If I get both, I will send her the payment.  I filed a claim to protect myself, not because I decided she was a crook before I bid and planned one of your recommended purchasing scams.  You are the malcontent who advocates thievery when it suits you, yet maintains a posture of the heroic knight saving everyone else from the antics of thieves.

No on expects your logic to be consistent, as it seldom is.  But, at least quit putting your poorly considered logic and thought patterns in my name.  I don't appreciate it.  You are welcome to ask a question for clarification.  But, simply not liking the response is not a green light to decide it means something that is not stated.
:D

For the record, I think I have also bought from Cougie without problems too.  I am not one to join in a mob driven crusade or crucifixion.  Most of the ranting about other people on this site is simply petty and it certainly does not lend credibility to the site or the authors of the rants.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:06 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Syria is an interesting model to celebrate, lol.  It might be ok if you are male, native and maintain the dominant religious affiliation.  Otherwise, your daughters might well be sold a sex slaves.  Must be easy to ignore such obvious things as rape and slavery while queing up for the next public beheading.  Barbarism is Barbarism.

This is funny stuff.   :lol:

You guys are discussing JonB/Lisa et al and Pip now has you responding to a silly sermons on the sad, sinister, salacious sex slave syndicates of Syria.     8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 64123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 626364