ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 64123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Below is my recent correspondence with Lisa.  I still don't know that Lisa is JonB or these others, but I don't know what she/he isn't.  I do know that this seller is among the most unresponsive people I have done business on Ebay that Ebay has not shut down.

It is this flopsy bunny attitude towards crime, by eBay, PayPal and society in general that really f*cks up a country. Until someone in the offending organisation has the bollocks and to take a decision, and the backbone to fight crime; or until the flopsy bunny attitude towards criminals in society is smothered, society will remain f*cked up. The bigger the society, and the more liberal the bunnies within it, the more likely they are to harbour and fall prey to these, the most simplest crimes to stop, and the easiest for anyone with half a brain to get away with.

AH will be back, and we'll all sit around and watch, and I'm sue Brian will be the first to poit the w@nker out, and I'm sure Pip will the the guy who says, "No, leave the guy alone. He's done nothing wrong." And if it's not Pip; if he learns this time around, then it'll be some other wet blanket who wonders why society just isn't getting any better in the country they live in. And that's not a stab at the US, 'cos the UK is just as f*cked up in it's attitude and tolerance of crime as the US is.

Or is it that you think Wytheville just breeds criminal scum, Pip? Is it a coincidence that these AHs all come from the same inbred town? Not just one person, but a whole collection of them who happen to play D&D?

Or maybe fraudsters who sell D&D buy the 'How to Sell D&D and Commit Fraud on eBay Manual@, and it tells you in there to set up a fake address in Wytheville VA? Just how exactly to you explain the fact that they all come from the same town, Pip? Does this same little crime manual tell different fraudsters to use the married names of other known fraudsters? Does it also tell them to transfer the same stock items between eachother?

I can only assume you're baiting the community. I've read your previous posts and you come across as both inteligent and logical in thought. I suggest you have not followed or understood this thread.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm 

I weigh my words carefully.  I will not make unjust accusations.  I do not think that prudent/judicious thought is a distinction between liberals and conservatives.  Everywhere breeds criminal scum.  Unfortunately, everywhere breeds ignorance, intolerance and individuals who are willing to personally accuse, condemn, convict or even execute other human beings based solely on their own conjecture.  Such behavior is barbarism and should not be proposed, celebrated or even tolerated.

You are welcome to your opinions and to express yourself.  Disagreements and discourse are the fundamental tenets of enlightenment and civilization.  Nonetheless, when discourse harms others, I prefer to be extraordinarily cautious with mine.  You are welcome to be less cautious and I certainly can't stop you from expressing your opinions.  Heck, I might even share some of them now and then, privately.  

Meanwhile, I won't do business with Lisa for a while....

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 pm 

Re-read the thread, Pip. Fron the beginning. I don't believe you're that ignorant.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:58 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I weigh my words carefully.  I will not make unjust accusations.  I do not think that prudent/judicious thought is a distinction between liberals and conservatives.  Everywhere breeds criminal scum.  Unfortunately, everywhere breeds ignorance, intolerance and individuals who are willing to personally accuse, condemn, convict or even execute other human beings based solely on their own conjecture.  Such behavior is barbarism and should not be proposed, celebrated or even tolerated.

You are welcome to your opinions and to express yourself.  Disagreements and discourse are the fundamental tenets of enlightenment and civilization.  Nonetheless, when discourse harms others, I prefer to be extraordinarily cautious with mine.  You are welcome to be less cautious and I certainly can't stop you from expressing your opinions.  Heck, I might even share some of them now and then, privately.  

Meanwhile, I won't do business with Lisa for a while....

sorry Pip, maybe my english isn't so good, it sounds like you just gave a sermon or lecture to harvard grads...

based on all the information presented in this thread by Brian and others...way too many coincidences...having worked in Internal Audit for the last 20 years...i dont believe in coincidences...at least not when they are this blatant...

Jorge

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 pm 

Okay, Pip. Let me see if I can explain it simply for you...

1. Eastern Treasure Chest was the registered eBay account of Robert Callahan who said his wife was called Lisa Callahan before he knew all the other fraudsters were going to turn up on eBay. He registered this account in Pulaski, VA, and amongst the stock he sold, but never shipped to it's buyer, was one numbered copy of Blasted Lands (350 I believe, but I may be wrong about the specific number. Someone here does have the original picture of the original auction, because it was posted in evidence in the past). His manner of communication and his behaviour on line are a matter of record.

2. Jonb7839 was also the owner seller of this same numbered copy of Blasted Lands, and he conducted his eBay business in the exact same manner as Robert Callahan. He claimed his brother was the owner of said numbered copy of Blasted Lands, and that he had died leaving his entire D&D collection to him to sell. He also did exactly what Robert Callahan did in screwing over everyone and stealing their money. He also registered his eBay account in previous address locations used by Robert Callahan's previous accounts before moving it to two addresses in Dublin VA.

3. Lisa Ann Callahan operates the eBay account Lisa's Stuff Too and is registered as living in the same location as each of the previous incarnations of Robert Callahan, and is conducting her manner of communication, tone of message, use of grammer, use of punctuation, use of capitalisation, layour of descriptive manner of her eBay listings, range of excuses and manner of business, as each of the previous incarnations of Robert Callahan.

4. The Game Emporium was registered as the eBay account of a recently dead person in Wytheville, and the account address was altered six times to various addresses in Wythville, before being registered in various other addresses already used in other accounts.

Incidentally, I also note a government legal action in 2003 citing Robert and Lisa Callahan of Callahan Foods, Pulaski, VA, but am not able to access the US Govt. site as I am outside of the US. I am sure it is not a coincidence that Robert and Lisa Callahan manage Callahan Foods in Pulaski, where Robert Callahan originally registered Eastern Trasure Chest, and where the Jonb account was registered with the same numbered copy of Blasted Lands, prior to changing his address to Dublin. And those are just the the facks we can confirm.

Someone here is FOS, and I suspect it is not the majority of the board, Pip.

Now, if we want further evidence that the Callahans and Corvins are real, a simple Google search will throw up that the Callahan and Corvin families are very prominant in Wythville. We have an 82 year old Ms Clara Callahan, mother and land owner, submitting planning applications received by Ms Sherry Corvin. We also have Greg Corvin present in the decision process, Sarah and Paul Callahan listed in the Council Meeting Minutes.

The Corvin and Callahan families are very real, spread throughout Pulaski, Dublin and Wytheville VA. Is it any surprise that Robert and Lisa Callahan of Wytheville have been defrauding eBay buyers using the VA Callahan's good name for so many years? Personally, if I were a reputable Callahan, I'd be majorly pissed at what's being done.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:49 pm 

The reseller community is not large to begin with. So when you have the same scam being run from the same geographic location for years on end, the coincidence factor is gone and criminal factor is in.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:28 pm 

Mbassoc,

Perhaps this has been presented so concisely in the past and I missed it.  And, although it appears that the accusations against them are well founded, whining doesn't get much done.

I have not been significantly harmed by them and unless ebay/paypal change the nature of buyers protection, it seems I won't be.  

If the worst we are facing on ebay now is former scam artists tying up our money for a few weeks, instead of simply stealing it....  in practical terms the real problem is solved.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:44 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Mbassoc,

Perhaps this has been presented so concisely in the past and I missed it.  And, although it appears that the accusations against them are well founded, whining doesn't get much done.

I have not been significantly harmed by them and unless ebay/paypal change the nature of buyers protection, it seems I won't be.  

If the worst we are facing on ebay now is former scam artists tying up our money for a few weeks, instead of simply stealing it....  in practical terms the real problem is solved.

I do understand that now buyers are protected and that all her buyers are doing is assisting the thief in stealing money from PayPal, but once you know you are assisting a thief in their theft from a bank's insurance policy, continuing to help them defraud PayPal is surely immoral, even if knowingly assisting in a fraud is not illegal or cannot be proved. But then that's your moral decision to make I guess. And of course us sellers are the ones who have to pay for the crimes, because PayPal pass their insurance overheads on to us sellers in the form of increased fees.

But, like you said: You'll keep helping them out with their crimes because it's not gonna hurt you. That's quite a comfy liberal attitude to crime. It's that sort of outlook towards criminals that destroys the socail fabric of western societies. Someone else is getting hurt, not me, so fuck'em?

I hope the evidence will change your decision on whether or not you'll continue to trade with this individual.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:55 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Mbassoc,

Perhaps this has been presented so concisely in the past and I missed it.

Some months back (maybe August?) when I posted something in the interesting items on ebay, it was pointed out to me the history of the seller. I went back and read through only a partial bit on this thread and it was beyond obvious to me what the history was, even without Mbassoc condensing it down. Come on, you couldn't have missed it.

And, although it appears that the accusations against them are well founded, whining doesn't get much done.

Whining DEFINITELY gets much done. That's the whole point -- to raise that red flag so others here know "it's a trap!", as Admiral Akbar would say. :)

I mean, don't you want to help out people here?

Are you a public defender or something? :lol:

edit: Mbassoc was quicker on the typing than me, but I have to concur with what he just said!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 pm 

Yeah, it pretty much has been a common sense thing since the beginning, which, I guess, is why it is still an issue.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 pm 

Glad to hear you are concerned about paypal!  It would appear to me that paypal has more information than we do.  And, if they accept the risk of doing business with these people because they decide it is a good business risk, that is their decision to make.  The fees on the last couple of thousand transactions for Lisa have to be attractive to ebay/paypal.  In fact, I thought some of you guys argue endlessly that that is why Lisa, etc "get away with it".... because it is lucrative to paypal/ebay.  And, as long as it is lucrative... it possibly lowers sellers fees.   (It is not clear to me that the impact of this seller is material or that it effects seller fees up or down).

I still think that if the harm is down to slow shipping...  then there are bigger fish to fry.  The world has real problems to address if you want moral or ethics arguments.  The global warming/war/poverty/famine/health care issues are but a scattering of things that actually deserve real consideration.

It was inevitable that some people would take advantage of the system ebay and paypal put in place at the infancy of customer to customer e-commerce.  And, if after a decade and a half they are starting to make it harder and harder for people to get away with scams, I say great!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:02 pm 

MsB,

I did not say that.  You cast my statements in false light.  Please desist from doing so.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:10 pm 

So, because the corporation assumes the risk of doing business with them, it is okay, now that you know they are committing a crime, to continue to help them with their crime, because you personally aren't goin to be out of pocket. Is that how you have justified continuing to deal with this eBayer? Because it certainly came across that way.
Pipswich wrote:MsB,

I did not say that.  You cast my statements in false light.  Please desist from doing so.

If that wasn't what you meant, you'll need to be more specific. I may have misinterpretted your statement.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:50 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I still think that if the harm is down to slow shipping...  then there are bigger fish to fry.  The world has real problems to address if you want moral or ethics arguments.  The global warming/war/poverty/famine/health care issues are but a scattering of things that actually deserve real consideration.

I would point out that the issues you mentioned are a direct result of people without morals and ethics.
Here's something to ponder:
Back in '79, I went to visit relatives in Syria with my aunt and grandmother. I don't know whether the culture there has degenerated, but while we were there, we witnessed a beheading (yes, a beheading). The perp had killed someone, according to my cousins. Later on I had a lengthy discussion with them about crime and punishment. Thievery was unheard of (barring the occasional truck hijacking at the border) and things like rape, child molesting and whatnot were also non-occurrences. There were two reasons for this: one, the upbringing of the children there was very strict as far as morals and ethics, and two, an offender suffered SEVERE penalties, both via the judicial system and ostracization from society.
More to ponder:
If you knew the penalty for online fraud was 10 years in prison, would you do it? Our issue here is the complete lack of repercussions for what we deem trivial crimes. I pose that when people get away with trivial crimes, they are MUCH more likely to commit greater ones. Doesn't our society claim that pot is a "gateway" drug? If so, then minor fraud is a gateway to greater thefts.
If someone chooses to do business with lisajonbeastern, they enable it to continue its pattern. That much is common sense.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:12 pm 

If someone steals from a bank (even an online bank) then that is theft. Yes?

But in order to perfrom the theft the thief needs either an unknowing individuual to authorise and reverse a transaction, or a co-conspiritor to do the same.

Whilst you may once have been able to claim you were a buyer unknowingly caught up in the theft, Pip; if you continue to buy from Lisa, you are a co-conspiritor, knowingly helping her in steal money without conscience or remorse.

I'm hope you cannot morally justify that and think before you buy from her again.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:15 pm 

Yeah, I noticed an almost complete absence of crime whilst in the UAE. No crime at all. No tolerance of crime. No fear of crime. And some people think of these countries as 'backwords' because they don't extend 'human rights' to criminals.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 pm 

Syria is an interesting model to celebrate, lol.  It might be ok if you are male, native and maintain the dominant religious affiliation.  Otherwise, your daughters might well be sold a sex slaves.  Must be easy to ignore such obvious things as rape and slavery while queing up for the next public beheading.  Barbarism is Barbarism.

And, shopping on ebay is not stealing from a bank.  No convoluted argument composed of analogies and partially documented facts will make it so.

And, MsBassoc... since you have advocated thievery on the board before, no one on the site should shop with you, right.  And, no active members have ever committed a crime that went unnoticed?  We need to route them out and prevent them from running their businesses, right?  Do you or a buddy have a private ebay account you will use to buy inventory as your crusade drives away her customers, and theirs?  

Hypocrisy is bunk.  

re: Syria and ethics etc.

Crime Tables - Statistics Syria

Transnational Issues > Trafficking in persons > Current situation
Syria is a destination and transit country for women and children trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor; a significant number of women and children in the large and expanding Iraqi refugee community in Syria are reportedly forced into commercial sexual exploitation by Iraqi gangs or, in some cases, their families; women from Indonesia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Ethiopia, and Sierra Leone are recruited for work in Syria as domestic servants, but some face conditions of involuntary servitude, including long hours, non-payment of wages, withholding of passports, restrictions on movement, threats, and physical or sexual abuse
Transnational Issues > Trafficking in persons > Tier rating
Tier 3 - Syria again failed to report any law enforcement efforts to punish trafficking offenses in 2007; in addition, the government did not offer protection services to victims of trafficking and may have arrested, prosecuted, or deported some victims for prostitution or immigration violations; Syria has not ratified the 2000 UN TIP Protocol

Syria is a destination and transit country for women and children trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor; a significant number of women and children in the large and expanding Iraqi refugee community in Syria are reportedly forced into commercial sexual exploitation by Iraqi gangs or, in some cases, their families; women from Indonesia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Ethiopia, and Sierra Leone are recruited for work in Syria as domestic servants, but some face conditions of involuntary servitude, including long hours, non-payment of wages, withholding of passports, restrictions on movement, threats, and physical or sexual abuse
Tier 3 - Syria again failed to report any law enforcement efforts to punish trafficking offenses in 2007; in addition, the government did not offer protection services to victims of trafficking and may have arrested, prosecuted, or deported some victims for prostitution or immigration violations; Syria has not ratified the 2000 UN TIP Protocol

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 pm 

I have no idea where you dragged up that site, but it's a complete crock of shit. Don't try and peddle Internet crap as truth; I've been there, and I KNOW what the place is like.
I never had issues with you before, Pip, but don't question my veracity, ever, especially when you cite some fucking retarded, home-grown, ad-peddling website as your source. You want to use the Web as your dogma, fine, but if you use it as an excuse to call me a liar, we have a problem.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 64123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 626364