ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 64123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 626364
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Well at least carrejo got a full refund from Paypal, so you should too.

Does it matter if the timescale (40odd days isn't it) for a dispute has passed? I had a case with a US seller where the item didn't arrive, said he was sending another and then stalled me.

By the time I put in the dispute, the time had gone and I'd lost out, albeit only $7.

I guess providing the dispute is started you'll be ok, regardless of how long it takes.

But go back a long way in this thread and all this was predicted I see....  :evil:

The period is still 45 days from the end of auction.  I've recently had to go through this again when something got lost in the mail (the tracking just stopped in MO) I tried to get a refund from the seller minus the shipping cost (he did ship it after all) but he balked and ebay made him refund in full in the end.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm 

I think it is 45 days from when you make payment - not necessarily the same day as the end of the auction.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:04 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:The period is still 45 days from the end of auction.  I've recently had to go through this again when something got lost in the mail (the tracking just stopped in MO) I tried to get a refund from the seller minus the shipping cost (he did ship it after all) but he balked and ebay made him refund in full in the end.

That's interesting, so even with a tracking number eBay will reverse charge a seller if the post office screws up?  What did the post office have to say for itself?  It's their screw up.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 pm 

mandalaymoon wrote:
That's interesting, so even with a tracking number eBay will reverse charge a seller if the post office screws up?  What did the post office have to say for itself?  It's their screw up.

I'm pretty sure it was someone on here that said something similar to :

its up to the SELLER to get the product into the BUYERS hand. if for whatever reason it does not happen, its the responsibility of the SELLER to fix it

thats pretty much what ebay does...even if the seller offers insurance and the buyer doesn't want it...its still the sellers responsibility to get the item into the buyers hand

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:21 pm 

GreyM wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was someone on here that said something similar to :

its up to the SELLER to get the product into the BUYERS hand. if for whatever reason it does not happen, its the responsibility of the SELLER to fix it

thats pretty much what ebay does...even if the seller offers insurance and the buyer doesn't want it...its still the sellers responsibility to get the item into the buyers hand

The seller is 100% responsible for getting the item to the buyer. The seller even has to make sure the postman delivers the package, does not fold it in half, get it wet, avoid crushing from an automated machine, etc.

Tracking only protects the buyer if it actually arrives, and even then it can turn into a battle. I send something to Hawaii and the package had to be held at the post office for some unknown reason and the buyer then claimed he never got it. I finally won the dispute - then the next day it miraculously got picked up and the tracking showed delivery.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:41 pm 

All Paypal cares about is if it says "delivered" on the online tracking.  A seller can ship it to you and have the postman bring it to your door.  But if you refuse the package and file a claim you will get your money back.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:45 am 

Prufrock wrote:The $11 offer was made to buy time, I think.  Though what he will gain by getting more time before the Paypal decision, I do not know.

Martin

I suppose someone might fall for it.

"Hmm..let's see...  You owe me $50.  You have offered me $5 to settle the claim.  Hmmm.  Now I have to choose between your tempting offer of $5 or...hmmm....I could just make you pay me $50.  Whatever should I do?"

I still notice sellers who think they have a shred of power on Ebay.  Pretty much, they don't.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:25 am 

FormCritic wrote:I still notice sellers who think they have a shred of power on Ebay.  Pretty much, they don't.

Exactly. So long as the buyer makes a claim in the designated time period he wins.
The only protection the seller has is a tracking number. If he does not, he loses.
Ebay is worse. The buyer can neg you for virtually anthing and you have to eat it. If you try to contest it, they send you an email warning you not to leave a false comment on any feedback postings.
I expect to see a second slew of negatives for our favorite reseller as his last set of auctions hits the 90 day limit.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:05 am 

What I don't understand is why eBay doesn't investigate things more in depth. It's not like they don't have the money to hire drones to do the work, and it would greatly enhance their sales.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 am 

Below is my recent correspondence with Lisa.  I still don't know that Lisa is JonB or these others, but I don't know what she/he isn't.  I do know that this seller is among the most unresponsive people I have done business on Ebay that Ebay has not shut down.

Dear lisas_stuff_too,

Apology accepted and no forgiveness needed. I have shopped with you fully aware that you might be JonB, Treasure Chest, etc but not willing to decide based on circumstantial evidence. However, my experiences with you have been mediocre and bad in regards to shipping time, responsiveness and endless apologies, each more fantastic than the last. You should refrain from sharing so much that reasonable people decide you are a bs artist. Also, btw, we don't capitalize for emphasis in English, it undermines credibility. I note that you find time to respond to negative feedbacks very fast yet you do not find time to prepare a polite email explanation to every customer. This creates the perception that you are trying to drag the process and avoid nondelivery charge backs. I conclude that you might not be a serial con artist but that you need to leave mail order business to honest and able professionals and collectors who meet their contractual obligations. You should get off ebay.

- gigimgm

To: gigimgm

Dear gigimgm,

Hi, Tommy! PLEASE Allow me to apologize from the bottom of my heart for the delay! My dad had been having trouble with his back for years. Well right after the holidays it was really bothering him so we took him to the hospital! And after all kinds of tests and such we found out that he had stage 3 cancer in his right kidney! Well they scheduled him for emergency surgery. I had to go & get my mom to stay with me and my little girls. As she has altemiezers! Well between looking after mom and my girls and going back and forth to the hospital nearly EVERY day. I can HONESTLY say the past 3 weeks has been the most stressful time of my life! Then as if that was not enough. The person that was watching my kids while I took mom to see dad. I find out the friend I got to watch the kids & answer my emails and pack what ever she could. She didn't turn my computer on must less answer any of my emails!:( I just PRAY you'll PLEASE Forgive me!! I PRAY you will PLWE

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:47 am 

Pipswich wrote:Below is my recent correspondence with Lisa.  I still don't know that Lisa is JonB or these others, but I don't know what she/he isn't.  I do know that this seller is among the most unresponsive people I have done business on Ebay that Ebay has not shut down.

You must have missed  my post above showing where they are recycling names.  Apparently yet another unbelievable coincidence.

Lisa/Jon/Richard/James/etc. the God awful liars wrote:Hi, Tommy! PLEASE Allow me to apologize from the bottom of my heart for the delay! My dad had been having trouble with his back for years. Well right after the holidays it was really bothering him so we took him to the hospital! And after all kinds of tests and such we found out that he had stage 3 cancer in his right kidney! Well they scheduled him for emergency surgery. I had to go & get my mom to stay with me and my little girls. As she has altemiezers! Well between looking after mom and my girls and going back and forth to the hospital nearly EVERY day. I can HONESTLY say the past 3 weeks has been the most stressful time of my life! Then as if that was not enough. The person that was watching my kids while I took mom to see dad. I find out the friend I got to watch the kids & answer my emails and pack what ever she could. She didn't turn my computer on must less answer any of my emails!:( I just PRAY you'll PLEASE Forgive me!! I PRAY you will PLWE

With that said, I love "Lisa's" lies though.  All this shit supposedly happened to her right after the holidays making her unable to deliver anyone's items and yet she still had plenty of time to keep listing stuff, i.e.:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Etc.

There is more even later, but those negs have yet to register yet and Ebay now only lets you go back 15 days to search closed sales.  :roll:

Lots of time to leave feedback too:

eBay Feedback Profile for lisas_stuff_too

But nope, no time to ship. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 pm 

Brilliant post Brian, sums it up quite nicely....just curious, it sounds like Pip is not convinced this is a shady dealer....at least thats what i understood from your message to Lisa...this is definitely a scam artist having the recent first hand experience, and a thread full of "coincidences" as rightfully pointed out by Brian.

Jorge

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Below is my recent correspondence with Lisa.  I still don't know that Lisa is JonB or these others, but I don't know what she/he isn't.  I do know that this seller is among the most unresponsive people I have done business on Ebay that Ebay has not shut down.

It is this flopsy bunny attitude towards crime, by eBay, PayPal and society in general that really f*cks up a country. Until someone in the offending organisation has the bollocks and to take a decision, and the backbone to fight crime; or until the flopsy bunny attitude towards criminals in society is smothered, society will remain f*cked up. The bigger the society, and the more liberal the bunnies within it, the more likely they are to harbour and fall prey to these, the most simplest crimes to stop, and the easiest for anyone with half a brain to get away with.

AH will be back, and we'll all sit around and watch, and I'm sue Brian will be the first to poit the w@nker out, and I'm sure Pip will the the guy who says, "No, leave the guy alone. He's done nothing wrong." And if it's not Pip; if he learns this time around, then it'll be some other wet blanket who wonders why society just isn't getting any better in the country they live in. And that's not a stab at the US, 'cos the UK is just as f*cked up in it's attitude and tolerance of crime as the US is.

Or is it that you think Wytheville just breeds criminal scum, Pip? Is it a coincidence that these AHs all come from the same inbred town? Not just one person, but a whole collection of them who happen to play D&D?

Or maybe fraudsters who sell D&D buy the 'How to Sell D&D and Commit Fraud on eBay Manual@, and it tells you in there to set up a fake address in Wytheville VA? Just how exactly to you explain the fact that they all come from the same town, Pip? Does this same little crime manual tell different fraudsters to use the married names of other known fraudsters? Does it also tell them to transfer the same stock items between eachother?

I can only assume you're baiting the community. I've read your previous posts and you come across as both inteligent and logical in thought. I suggest you have not followed or understood this thread.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm 

I weigh my words carefully.  I will not make unjust accusations.  I do not think that prudent/judicious thought is a distinction between liberals and conservatives.  Everywhere breeds criminal scum.  Unfortunately, everywhere breeds ignorance, intolerance and individuals who are willing to personally accuse, condemn, convict or even execute other human beings based solely on their own conjecture.  Such behavior is barbarism and should not be proposed, celebrated or even tolerated.

You are welcome to your opinions and to express yourself.  Disagreements and discourse are the fundamental tenets of enlightenment and civilization.  Nonetheless, when discourse harms others, I prefer to be extraordinarily cautious with mine.  You are welcome to be less cautious and I certainly can't stop you from expressing your opinions.  Heck, I might even share some of them now and then, privately.  

Meanwhile, I won't do business with Lisa for a while....

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 pm 

Re-read the thread, Pip. Fron the beginning. I don't believe you're that ignorant.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:58 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I weigh my words carefully.  I will not make unjust accusations.  I do not think that prudent/judicious thought is a distinction between liberals and conservatives.  Everywhere breeds criminal scum.  Unfortunately, everywhere breeds ignorance, intolerance and individuals who are willing to personally accuse, condemn, convict or even execute other human beings based solely on their own conjecture.  Such behavior is barbarism and should not be proposed, celebrated or even tolerated.

You are welcome to your opinions and to express yourself.  Disagreements and discourse are the fundamental tenets of enlightenment and civilization.  Nonetheless, when discourse harms others, I prefer to be extraordinarily cautious with mine.  You are welcome to be less cautious and I certainly can't stop you from expressing your opinions.  Heck, I might even share some of them now and then, privately.  

Meanwhile, I won't do business with Lisa for a while....

sorry Pip, maybe my english isn't so good, it sounds like you just gave a sermon or lecture to harvard grads...

based on all the information presented in this thread by Brian and others...way too many coincidences...having worked in Internal Audit for the last 20 years...i dont believe in coincidences...at least not when they are this blatant...

Jorge

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 pm 

Okay, Pip. Let me see if I can explain it simply for you...

1. Eastern Treasure Chest was the registered eBay account of Robert Callahan who said his wife was called Lisa Callahan before he knew all the other fraudsters were going to turn up on eBay. He registered this account in Pulaski, VA, and amongst the stock he sold, but never shipped to it's buyer, was one numbered copy of Blasted Lands (350 I believe, but I may be wrong about the specific number. Someone here does have the original picture of the original auction, because it was posted in evidence in the past). His manner of communication and his behaviour on line are a matter of record.

2. Jonb7839 was also the owner seller of this same numbered copy of Blasted Lands, and he conducted his eBay business in the exact same manner as Robert Callahan. He claimed his brother was the owner of said numbered copy of Blasted Lands, and that he had died leaving his entire D&D collection to him to sell. He also did exactly what Robert Callahan did in screwing over everyone and stealing their money. He also registered his eBay account in previous address locations used by Robert Callahan's previous accounts before moving it to two addresses in Dublin VA.

3. Lisa Ann Callahan operates the eBay account Lisa's Stuff Too and is registered as living in the same location as each of the previous incarnations of Robert Callahan, and is conducting her manner of communication, tone of message, use of grammer, use of punctuation, use of capitalisation, layour of descriptive manner of her eBay listings, range of excuses and manner of business, as each of the previous incarnations of Robert Callahan.

4. The Game Emporium was registered as the eBay account of a recently dead person in Wytheville, and the account address was altered six times to various addresses in Wythville, before being registered in various other addresses already used in other accounts.

Incidentally, I also note a government legal action in 2003 citing Robert and Lisa Callahan of Callahan Foods, Pulaski, VA, but am not able to access the US Govt. site as I am outside of the US. I am sure it is not a coincidence that Robert and Lisa Callahan manage Callahan Foods in Pulaski, where Robert Callahan originally registered Eastern Trasure Chest, and where the Jonb account was registered with the same numbered copy of Blasted Lands, prior to changing his address to Dublin. And those are just the the facks we can confirm.

Someone here is FOS, and I suspect it is not the majority of the board, Pip.

Now, if we want further evidence that the Callahans and Corvins are real, a simple Google search will throw up that the Callahan and Corvin families are very prominant in Wythville. We have an 82 year old Ms Clara Callahan, mother and land owner, submitting planning applications received by Ms Sherry Corvin. We also have Greg Corvin present in the decision process, Sarah and Paul Callahan listed in the Council Meeting Minutes.

The Corvin and Callahan families are very real, spread throughout Pulaski, Dublin and Wytheville VA. Is it any surprise that Robert and Lisa Callahan of Wytheville have been defrauding eBay buyers using the VA Callahan's good name for so many years? Personally, if I were a reputable Callahan, I'd be majorly pissed at what's being done.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:49 pm 

The reseller community is not large to begin with. So when you have the same scam being run from the same geographic location for years on end, the coincidence factor is gone and criminal factor is in.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 64123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 626364