ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 64123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 626364
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:09 am 

I never received the item from "Lisa", never received any responses from her/him/it in the last month  and a half since I paid for it, and she never responded to the dispute I opened with Paypal/Ebay. So I got my full refund back, but it was only $10 on a complete 2nd Edition Maztica boxed set, which isnt rare or anything but a decent price.

I hope the item shows up at my door cause I wont pay it back !!  (just kidding bclarkie)  :D

Jorge

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 am 

Look at the star ratings.

People are giving this seller brutal neg after brutal neg, yet the seller's star rating is better than some honest sellers I know of.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am 

Prufrock wrote:"Lisa" has offered a partial refund of $11 on a $41 item.  I have denied the partial refund.  Should be interesting how Paypal rules with the meltdown now so public.

Martin

As you likely know, you were being conned again.

Offer a partial refund....end the dispute....never send the refund.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Look at the star ratings.

People are giving this seller brutal neg after brutal neg, yet the seller's star rating is better than some honest sellers I know of.

I noticed that, too. You would think the quantity has reached a high enough level that the DSR would be tanking, too. You get a few bad DSR ratings 1 or 2 and it freaking drops like a stone. Very odd.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 pm 

He/she/it has been NARU-ed again.  How much time until the return?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:45 pm 

"Tracking # on the WAY! PLEASE call me COLLECT if you need to!! My Phone Number.."

What is interesting to me is how little this seller seems to have understood about PayPal.  Almost all power is in the hands of the buyer.

The offer to "resolve" the issue with an $11 refund on a $40+ sale shows that this thief is catching on.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:09 pm 

The $11 offer was made to buy time, I think.  Though what he will gain by getting more time before the Paypal decision, I do not know.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm 

Well at least carrejo got a full refund from Paypal, so you should too.

Does it matter if the timescale (40odd days isn't it) for a dispute has passed? I had a case with a US seller where the item didn't arrive, said he was sending another and then stalled me.

By the time I put in the dispute, the time had gone and I'd lost out, albeit only $7.

I guess providing the dispute is started you'll be ok, regardless of how long it takes.

But go back a long way in this thread and all this was predicted I see....  :evil:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Well at least carrejo got a full refund from Paypal, so you should too.

Does it matter if the timescale (40odd days isn't it) for a dispute has passed? I had a case with a US seller where the item didn't arrive, said he was sending another and then stalled me.

By the time I put in the dispute, the time had gone and I'd lost out, albeit only $7.

I guess providing the dispute is started you'll be ok, regardless of how long it takes.

But go back a long way in this thread and all this was predicted I see....  :evil:

The period is still 45 days from the end of auction.  I've recently had to go through this again when something got lost in the mail (the tracking just stopped in MO) I tried to get a refund from the seller minus the shipping cost (he did ship it after all) but he balked and ebay made him refund in full in the end.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm 

I think it is 45 days from when you make payment - not necessarily the same day as the end of the auction.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:04 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:The period is still 45 days from the end of auction.  I've recently had to go through this again when something got lost in the mail (the tracking just stopped in MO) I tried to get a refund from the seller minus the shipping cost (he did ship it after all) but he balked and ebay made him refund in full in the end.

That's interesting, so even with a tracking number eBay will reverse charge a seller if the post office screws up?  What did the post office have to say for itself?  It's their screw up.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 pm 

mandalaymoon wrote:
That's interesting, so even with a tracking number eBay will reverse charge a seller if the post office screws up?  What did the post office have to say for itself?  It's their screw up.

I'm pretty sure it was someone on here that said something similar to :

its up to the SELLER to get the product into the BUYERS hand. if for whatever reason it does not happen, its the responsibility of the SELLER to fix it

thats pretty much what ebay does...even if the seller offers insurance and the buyer doesn't want it...its still the sellers responsibility to get the item into the buyers hand

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:21 pm 

GreyM wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was someone on here that said something similar to :

its up to the SELLER to get the product into the BUYERS hand. if for whatever reason it does not happen, its the responsibility of the SELLER to fix it

thats pretty much what ebay does...even if the seller offers insurance and the buyer doesn't want it...its still the sellers responsibility to get the item into the buyers hand

The seller is 100% responsible for getting the item to the buyer. The seller even has to make sure the postman delivers the package, does not fold it in half, get it wet, avoid crushing from an automated machine, etc.

Tracking only protects the buyer if it actually arrives, and even then it can turn into a battle. I send something to Hawaii and the package had to be held at the post office for some unknown reason and the buyer then claimed he never got it. I finally won the dispute - then the next day it miraculously got picked up and the tracking showed delivery.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:41 pm 

All Paypal cares about is if it says "delivered" on the online tracking.  A seller can ship it to you and have the postman bring it to your door.  But if you refuse the package and file a claim you will get your money back.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:45 am 

Prufrock wrote:The $11 offer was made to buy time, I think.  Though what he will gain by getting more time before the Paypal decision, I do not know.

Martin

I suppose someone might fall for it.

"Hmm..let's see...  You owe me $50.  You have offered me $5 to settle the claim.  Hmmm.  Now I have to choose between your tempting offer of $5 or...hmmm....I could just make you pay me $50.  Whatever should I do?"

I still notice sellers who think they have a shred of power on Ebay.  Pretty much, they don't.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:25 am 

FormCritic wrote:I still notice sellers who think they have a shred of power on Ebay.  Pretty much, they don't.

Exactly. So long as the buyer makes a claim in the designated time period he wins.
The only protection the seller has is a tracking number. If he does not, he loses.
Ebay is worse. The buyer can neg you for virtually anthing and you have to eat it. If you try to contest it, they send you an email warning you not to leave a false comment on any feedback postings.
I expect to see a second slew of negatives for our favorite reseller as his last set of auctions hits the 90 day limit.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:05 am 

What I don't understand is why eBay doesn't investigate things more in depth. It's not like they don't have the money to hire drones to do the work, and it would greatly enhance their sales.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 am 

Below is my recent correspondence with Lisa.  I still don't know that Lisa is JonB or these others, but I don't know what she/he isn't.  I do know that this seller is among the most unresponsive people I have done business on Ebay that Ebay has not shut down.

Dear lisas_stuff_too,

Apology accepted and no forgiveness needed. I have shopped with you fully aware that you might be JonB, Treasure Chest, etc but not willing to decide based on circumstantial evidence. However, my experiences with you have been mediocre and bad in regards to shipping time, responsiveness and endless apologies, each more fantastic than the last. You should refrain from sharing so much that reasonable people decide you are a bs artist. Also, btw, we don't capitalize for emphasis in English, it undermines credibility. I note that you find time to respond to negative feedbacks very fast yet you do not find time to prepare a polite email explanation to every customer. This creates the perception that you are trying to drag the process and avoid nondelivery charge backs. I conclude that you might not be a serial con artist but that you need to leave mail order business to honest and able professionals and collectors who meet their contractual obligations. You should get off ebay.

- gigimgm

To: gigimgm

Dear gigimgm,

Hi, Tommy! PLEASE Allow me to apologize from the bottom of my heart for the delay! My dad had been having trouble with his back for years. Well right after the holidays it was really bothering him so we took him to the hospital! And after all kinds of tests and such we found out that he had stage 3 cancer in his right kidney! Well they scheduled him for emergency surgery. I had to go & get my mom to stay with me and my little girls. As she has altemiezers! Well between looking after mom and my girls and going back and forth to the hospital nearly EVERY day. I can HONESTLY say the past 3 weeks has been the most stressful time of my life! Then as if that was not enough. The person that was watching my kids while I took mom to see dad. I find out the friend I got to watch the kids & answer my emails and pack what ever she could. She didn't turn my computer on must less answer any of my emails!:( I just PRAY you'll PLEASE Forgive me!! I PRAY you will PLWE

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 64123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 626364