ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 64123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 626364
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 pm 

1355 W Ridge Rd - Google Maps

:)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:26 pm 

Looks like a doctor's office.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

P.S. I tried calling the number.  Disconnected.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Looks suspiciosly like a bulls!t address to me.
Disconnected? Lol.
There's a surprise.

To-date, I have not received a reply to any e-mails or eBay messages after I accused Lisa of being Jonb last year. Nada.

And regardless of any of this, eBay continue to leave the account open, and there is no way in helkl anyone will ever get any law enforcement action in the US or any other country to do anything against this person.

Despite the support she gets from anyone, or any assurances that the official chanels should be used to deal with fraudsters. It's fun watching how pathetically incompetent society is at stopping obvious and blatent thievery from innocent buyers. It's amazing that no successful steps forward have been made in society in the past decade to deal with things like this. Except maybe a sticky plaster and a sweep under the carpet.

We had this exact same conversation with the exact same outcome in 2005, and I'd be willing to bet we have the exact same discussions with the same outcomes in 2012/13. I don't really see eBay or the country's society managing to evolve to deal with these things anytime soon.

Maybe when we're all in our 60's we can say, "Remember when..." instead or "Here we go again..." At least the threads make good popcorn moments.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:38 pm 

It's a bullshit address.  There is no building there with that address.  It is completely made up.  Anyone surprised?

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:00 pm 

eBay/PayPal must surely be a fault here?

They have sold goods that were never shipped from their website, and taken payment for a criminal, and they have taken their skim off of the criminal enterprise in the full knowledge that it was going on on their site, and in the comfort that their lawyers would shield their activities and their profits on the criminal activities.

And of course, as with all financial transactions, they never checked that the person's telephone, address or name were not fake. Is there no requirement under US law for financial institutions to validate their customers and ensure they are real? No procedures to prevent money laundering or anything like that?

I would have thought that profiting from criminal activities were either immoral or illegal in America? But not enforcable under the law!?

It seems, from this side of the Atlantic, that eBay and PayPal have no legal resposibility to do anything to make sure people who bank with them or set up business with them, are not fake? This level of security under the law goes a long way to explain crime levels on the internet.

At least the law protects eBay. That way we can all continue to buy cheap stuff and sell our shuff when we don't want it. God forbid US law is changed and makes it illegale to profit from crime or the proceeds of crime. That would be a huge capitalist step backwards.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 pm 

Prufrock wrote:It's a bullshit address.  There is no building there with that address.  It is completely made up.  Anyone surprised?

Which maps are you using?  Google and Mapquest differ signifcantly as to the precise location (and I know Google often "misses").  My best guess is it's that large lot across from the man-made lake/quarry with the winding lane.  The one with the large multi-sectioned two-story home, several trees out front, a shed/garage in back, and four vehicles if I'm counting right.  One looks like a white pickup, and there's a red car.  C'mon google...where's the street view.
:cry:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm 

Prufrock wrote:When I purchased my item there were only 2 negs.  Now it's raining negs.  Well this should be good for my claim.  SHould get my money back.

Martin

I can't see how that account is still active with that level of negs!?!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm 

I was wondering where streetview was.
Who really gives, anyhoo?

PayPal will return the money to anyy the buyers and just add the costs to future PayPal fees. eBay have made a good $300 or so fees on unshipped goods. The seller has made a good $1000 or so. No-one loses any money. When it comes down to it, the money Lisa has has come from PayPal's corporate holdings and no-one else is out anything other than a little bit of time.

Lisa only really screwed PayPal, 'cos eBay made a killing too. And let's face it, eBay and PayPal deserve it for not checking the person was real. Very basic security checks would throw up this type of fraud.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
I can't see how that account is still active with that level of negs!?!

Doesn't matter. Still only 3% of dissatisfied customers. More people are dissatisfied with their Big Mac every day than with their purchases from Lisa. And eBay have made a sh!tload of money out of the business she brings to their site.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:22 pm 

For what it's worth, I checked the address on MapQuest, which at least in my neighborhood, has proven more accurate than Google. Can't speak for the accuracy elsewhere. Mapquest shows a different location along the road.

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:For what it's worth, I checked the address on MapQuest, which at least in my neighborhood, has proven more accurate than Google. Can't speak for the accuracy elsewhere. Mapquest shows a different location along the road.

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

There is a good chance it is the large house and property on the "north" side of the street. Looks like the marke (red star) is in the middle of the property line facing the street. That would be my guess.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 pm 

I was thinking it was one of the houses in that group. It probably has a couple of common mailboxes on the street itself. There are a number of places like that near where I live.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm 

Just googled mine to see where the star shows up. Right in middle of front lot line on street. So my guess is the large parcel - though it could be the house to the right of that small dead - end street

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm 

All very dubious if anyone actually is living at the address given anyway, I should think.

The Google map link I posted does have a satellite view as well as the normal map view.

The point marked 'A' does show as the correct address number on that street, but thats not to say the map is wrongly numbered though as it does suggest an empty plot. (Heaven forbid that this schmuk made up an address...)  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:All very dubious if anyone actually is living at the address given anyway, I should think.

The Google map link I posted does have a satellite view as well as the normal map view.

The point marked 'A' does show as the correct address number on that street, but thats not to say the map is wrongly numbered though as it does suggest an empty plot. (Heaven forbid that this schmuk made up an address...)  :roll:

Most likely the case. He can simply use an alternate address on paypal to recieve goods. They let you create as many as you want.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Lisa Callahan       
(276) 578-2036       
1355 W Ridge Rd
Wytheville, VA 24382

From earlier on in the thread:

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Just a run down of info gathered thus far, add to or correct as needed:

Current incarnation-
Jon L Bassett JONB7839
killjoy32 wrote:
oh i forgot to mention....his e-mail address is:

[email protected]

if i remember rightly enough, the game_emporium chap was on adelphia.net too....  

4866 Ebb Hall Rd
Dublin, VA 24084
United States
(540) 674-4899
ADDRESS history includes:
2 in Dublin, VA
2 in Pulaski, VA

The Game Emporium,
This is Jason, I'm helping out James
Other Associated names-Jon/Jason/Sarah/Robert
James H Corvin Jr
James Herbert Jr  Corvin
2958 Old Stage Rd
Wytheville, VA 24382
(276) 228-4949
ADDRESS history includes:
1 in Collinsville, VA
1 in Martinsville, VA
2 in Ringgold, VA
6 in WYTHEVILLE, VA

Eastern Treasure Chest
Robert Callahan
located in Pulaski, VA 24301
Reply by the_eastern_treasure_chest!!: My PHONE #540-980-0228
Kahl, C J
Pulaski, VA 24301-2725
(540) 980-0228
named "Robert" and his wife was "Lisa".

Anyone have more info on ETC?

To re-itterate Wytheville and Dublin are 36 miles apart on highway 81 with Pulaski just south of Dublin

Seems that they're starting to recycle names now too.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm 

On the basis that they are likely to have used legitimate details the first time round, what are the odds that Robert and Lisa Ann Callahan, Wytheville, Virginia, are persistent thieves and fraudster. I wonder if anyone else in their neighbourhood knows about their activities?

Incidentally, Lisa's phone number is listed in Google's directory also...
google.co.uk/search?q=Lisa+Callahan,+Wy ... d=0CAcQ_wI
...and so is Corvin...
google.co.uk/search?q=James+Corvin+Jr,+ ... d=0CAcQ_wI

Now, James H Corvin Jr. is dead.
66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:-bwOyM0grBY ... &gl=uk

So maybe someone is doing very basic phonebook stuff here, and Robert Callahan is the Doctor witth the practice in Virginia Beach, and it's all pulled straight from local phone records. I'd also assume that US privicy laws are there to protect the criminals and prevent the victims of crime finding the perps, and that your law enforcement do sweet FA.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 64123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 626364