ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 64123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 626364
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 pm 

That's a serious run of negs.. Even Lisa/jon etc comments back are written in the same lower & upper case nonsense.

This one is interesting though, gives a contact number???

Never received item, got my money back from eBay. I won't buy from seller again. Buyer: esfp2003 ( 311)  Feb-13-10 07:23
Reply by lisas_stuff_too (Feb-14-10 00:52):
So SORRY about the PROBLEM! Thus the Refund! PLEASE CALL 276-578-2036

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:That's a serious run of negs.. Even Lisa/jon etc comments back are written in the same lower & upper case nonsense.

This one is interesting though, gives a contact number???

I gotta suspect that number is a fake.  It is clearly meant to be seen by all, with a fair bet that no one will actually try it.

Why not just contact the buyer directly?  90% chance the number is a smokescreen.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:19 pm 

Yeah, I kind of guessed it'd be a duff number purely based on this crooks history..

A bit like me stating I have the number of the Queen   :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:23 pm 

Gotta say I didn't look at the feedback before my recent post. The fact that the phone number is posted everywhere certainly explains why it's just ringing out from the UK. Either it's a public call box, or the owner isn't answering the phone anymore on account of them being an AH.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:05 pm 

When I purchased my item there were only 2 negs.  Now it's raining negs.  Well this should be good for my claim.  SHould get my money back.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 pm 

Lisa Callahan       
(276) 578-2036       
1355 W Ridge Rd
Wytheville, VA 24382

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:10 pm 

Thanks, Kosh.
Got that address, just in case you need to delete it.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 pm 

Can some one with better computer skills than mine find that address on one of the Map sites.  WOuld be interested to see if it is a home or what?

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 pm 

1355 W Ridge Rd - Google Maps

:)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:26 pm 

Looks like a doctor's office.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

P.S. I tried calling the number.  Disconnected.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Looks suspiciosly like a bulls!t address to me.
Disconnected? Lol.
There's a surprise.

To-date, I have not received a reply to any e-mails or eBay messages after I accused Lisa of being Jonb last year. Nada.

And regardless of any of this, eBay continue to leave the account open, and there is no way in helkl anyone will ever get any law enforcement action in the US or any other country to do anything against this person.

Despite the support she gets from anyone, or any assurances that the official chanels should be used to deal with fraudsters. It's fun watching how pathetically incompetent society is at stopping obvious and blatent thievery from innocent buyers. It's amazing that no successful steps forward have been made in society in the past decade to deal with things like this. Except maybe a sticky plaster and a sweep under the carpet.

We had this exact same conversation with the exact same outcome in 2005, and I'd be willing to bet we have the exact same discussions with the same outcomes in 2012/13. I don't really see eBay or the country's society managing to evolve to deal with these things anytime soon.

Maybe when we're all in our 60's we can say, "Remember when..." instead or "Here we go again..." At least the threads make good popcorn moments.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:38 pm 

It's a bullshit address.  There is no building there with that address.  It is completely made up.  Anyone surprised?

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:00 pm 

eBay/PayPal must surely be a fault here?

They have sold goods that were never shipped from their website, and taken payment for a criminal, and they have taken their skim off of the criminal enterprise in the full knowledge that it was going on on their site, and in the comfort that their lawyers would shield their activities and their profits on the criminal activities.

And of course, as with all financial transactions, they never checked that the person's telephone, address or name were not fake. Is there no requirement under US law for financial institutions to validate their customers and ensure they are real? No procedures to prevent money laundering or anything like that?

I would have thought that profiting from criminal activities were either immoral or illegal in America? But not enforcable under the law!?

It seems, from this side of the Atlantic, that eBay and PayPal have no legal resposibility to do anything to make sure people who bank with them or set up business with them, are not fake? This level of security under the law goes a long way to explain crime levels on the internet.

At least the law protects eBay. That way we can all continue to buy cheap stuff and sell our shuff when we don't want it. God forbid US law is changed and makes it illegale to profit from crime or the proceeds of crime. That would be a huge capitalist step backwards.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 pm 

Prufrock wrote:It's a bullshit address.  There is no building there with that address.  It is completely made up.  Anyone surprised?

Which maps are you using?  Google and Mapquest differ signifcantly as to the precise location (and I know Google often "misses").  My best guess is it's that large lot across from the man-made lake/quarry with the winding lane.  The one with the large multi-sectioned two-story home, several trees out front, a shed/garage in back, and four vehicles if I'm counting right.  One looks like a white pickup, and there's a red car.  C'mon google...where's the street view.
:cry:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm 

Prufrock wrote:When I purchased my item there were only 2 negs.  Now it's raining negs.  Well this should be good for my claim.  SHould get my money back.

Martin

I can't see how that account is still active with that level of negs!?!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm 

I was wondering where streetview was.
Who really gives, anyhoo?

PayPal will return the money to anyy the buyers and just add the costs to future PayPal fees. eBay have made a good $300 or so fees on unshipped goods. The seller has made a good $1000 or so. No-one loses any money. When it comes down to it, the money Lisa has has come from PayPal's corporate holdings and no-one else is out anything other than a little bit of time.

Lisa only really screwed PayPal, 'cos eBay made a killing too. And let's face it, eBay and PayPal deserve it for not checking the person was real. Very basic security checks would throw up this type of fraud.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
I can't see how that account is still active with that level of negs!?!

Doesn't matter. Still only 3% of dissatisfied customers. More people are dissatisfied with their Big Mac every day than with their purchases from Lisa. And eBay have made a sh!tload of money out of the business she brings to their site.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 64123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 626364