ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 57123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 555657
Author


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 118
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Last Visit: Oct 11, 2012
Location: Maine

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:40 pm 
 

I remember them from way back, and I posted about it here then, when I was selling my husband's PH True First.

'Lisa' wanted me to stop my auction and sell it to them. I reported it to Ebay at the time...but nothing happened. Now, I know how they write, so recognise their auctions. But, just for good measure, have them blocked too.

Seems Ebay did not do a thing, however.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:06 pm 
 

Prufrock wrote:Same style in use of Caps and dialogue.

Yup.  Hang on a sec, lemme find my red pen.

* double exclamation points
* two levels of capitalization for emphasis
* sentence fragments, run-on sentences
* heavy us of ellipsis
* dropped pronouns
* self-dialoguing rant
* heavy use of passive voice & subjunctive mood
* incorrect use of whitespace

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:25 pm 
 

Lisa and her imaginary family must live in Love Canal.  The amount of death and sickness that follows that family around is frightening.... :roll:

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 617
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2020
Location: Behind you

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 pm 
 

Pip was defending this person awhile back... now I'd like to know what solution he proposes to solve this problem.


Ask me about my new M16!

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 pm 
 

Tharizdun wrote:Pip was defending this person awhile back... now I'd like to know what solution he proposes to solve this problem.


possibly a big old group hug :D


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:09 pm 
 

Hey, you guys might be right.  Lisa might be JonB.  She was banned from the site right after I suggested she provide more conclusive evidence that she is not JonB, so I don't really know.  (in October, maybe?)

The anger, accusations and finger pointing seem based on writing style and geographic proximity.  That is simply circumstantial.

I am not intending to defend Lisa.  I know her only as a seller who sometimes ships slowly.  I know neither her guilt, nor her innocence.

At least ebay has tightened up so that sellers can't steal from us as easily.  If Lisa is JonB, the policies are likely all that is stopping a recurrence of the thefts that have you all so upset.


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:21 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:Hey, you guys might be right.  Lisa might be JonB.  She was banned from the site right after I suggested she provide more conclusive evidence that she is not JonB, so I don't really know.  (in October, maybe?)

The anger, accusations and finger pointing seem based on writing style and geographic proximity.  That is simply circumstantial.

I am not intending to defend Lisa.  I know her only as a seller who sometimes ships slowly.  I know neither her guilt, nor her innocence.

At least ebay has tightened up so that sellers can't steal from us as easily.  If Lisa is JonB, the policies are likely all that is stopping a recurrence of the thefts that have you all so upset.


So you honestly beleive that this person who writes exactly the same way as all of the others(randomly capitilized words and multiple exclamation points), who uses the exact same phrases and expressions as all of the other incarnations, who also uses the exact same lies and excuses as all the others, all who happen live within a maximum 30 mile radius of one another, all of whom have stolen from many many people on Ebay within the last several years on Ebay and also all of who have done so by selling almost exclusively D&D items is all just a freak coincidence?  

I mean, really?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 14, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:28 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:I know her only as a seller who sometimes ships slowly.  


By slowly you might mean "she" goes through phases of not shipping at all - I have first hand knowledge of this.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
So you honestly beleive that this person who writes exactly the same way as all of the others(randomly capitilized words and multiple exclamation points), who uses the exact same phrases and expressions as all of the other incarnations, who also uses the exact same lies and excuses as all the others, all who happen live within a maximum 30 mile radius of one another, all of whom have stolen from many many people on Ebay within the last several years on Ebay and also all of who have done so by selling almost exclusively D&D items is all just a freak coincidence?  

I mean, really?


I have a bridge I need to sell - Paypal is an issue, but if you want to send cash


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm 
 

Exactly, I am not going to decide either way based on the evidence provided.  

Nor, am I in the market for a bridge.

Nor, will I open myself to a charge of defamation by reaching a public published conclusion that I don't have any reason to reach.  

If you guys are right, you assume no risk and might be protecting others.  If you are wrong, a slow shipper is being harmed and may hold you accountable.

I prefer the warm fuzzy middle ground where when I buy from strangers I can let paypal and my credit card company manage thieves, crooks and charlatans.  Seems easier.


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:47 pm 
 

gyg wrote:
I have a bridge I need to sell - Paypal is an issue, but if you want to send cash


Funny, I was thinking the same thing.   :wink:

Pipswich wrote:Exactly, I am not going to decide either way based on the evidence provided.

Or because doing so would mean that you'd have to admit that you were wrong.


Pipswich wrote:Nor, am I in the market for a bridge.

Nah, way too easy.


Pipswich wrote:Nor, will I open myself to a charge of defamation by reaching a public published conclusion that I don't have any reason to reach.

I would absolutely love for them to sue people for this supposed defamation.  

Not only would it finally put a real life face on this long time crook, but it would also give people legal grounds to not only subpoena Ebay's records on all of their previous incarnations, but it would also allow them to file a countersuit against them and own them.  I can't really think of a better scenario.


Pipswich wrote:If you guys are right, you assume no risk and might be protecting others.  If you are wrong, a slow shipper is being harmed and may hold you accountable.

Which again is obvious by many of the feedback that has been posted on this most recent ID that simply shipping slowly is not the only issue at hand. I'd post several explicit examples of this, but aside from the fact it's there for anyone to read already, I'd be wasting my time regardless.


Pipswich wrote:I prefer the warm fuzzy middle ground where when I buy from strangers I can let paypal and my credit card company manage thieves, crooks and charlatans. Seems easier.


Does it really though?  I mean if it was just that simple, you'd have also not felt the need to defend them either. I mean it's not as if you've been silent on the issue, you've put yourself out there squarely in the middle of it by posting a defense of the seller in question already.  Right?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 pm 
 

I don't intend to defend Lisa against charges that I can neither prove nor disprove.  You may be right.  If so, you are providing a service to the collecting community and that is an honorable thing to do.

Frankly, I hope you are right because the alternative is that this entire thread is just mean.


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 617
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2020
Location: Behind you

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:09 am 
 

Frankly, I hope you are right because the alternative is that this entire thread is just mean.

This is true. My post wasn't meant to Troll you by the way...

My question is sincere. What do you propose to do? Your reply, let Paypal/Visa deal with it.
So, what about when users here get fucked? What then? This has occurred several times to date and I'm under the assumption that you'd prefer if this was just something that we "deal with" by not actually doing anything at all and continue getting fucked until some divine intervention occurs? I'm unsure if there's any endgame in your logic which is why I asked the question in the 1st place. You're quick to defend this individual and not seemingly interested in the actually screwed individuals :? This is the meaningfulness of your writing here so far as I can understand.


Ask me about my new M16!

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am 
 

There is a time when you cannot get refunded through paypal - even if cases are settled in your favour you can't get blood out of a stone.
I believe I'm right in saying that even if a paypal account is attached to a standard bank account (in the UK at least) Paypal have absoluteley no right to approach the bank for funds.

Of course it would probably be a pain in the arse to start all over again but if your modus operandi is to scam people slowly and then go out in a blaze of glory then it would be well worth the effort.

I would be interested to know how much Jonb et al has made over the years, simply by not sending stuff. Sure it's gettting harder to do this now, but it still must be worth his while. (Particularly as he is also clearly disturbed in the head (In my opinion of course - your mileage may vary :D ))


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 617
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2020
Location: Behind you

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:24 am 
 

Considering this thread began in 2005...


Ask me about my new M16!

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:28 am 
 

Tharizdun wrote:Considering this thread began in 2005...


wow - I was in my 30's then - ah simpler times :lol:


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3279
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jan 20, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:20 am 
 

gyg wrote:
wow - I was in my 30's then


some of us still are buddy...   :P [/b]


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:13 pm 
 

cheeky little git, thats the problem with our world, the youth of today have got no bloody respect :lol:

(I was only 40 in November btw)


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1607
Joined: Aug 19, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2020
Location: Chicago, IL

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 pm 
 

I'm not replying to stir the pot. But when people threaten legal action, it's 99.9% of the time utter bullshit.

If there's one thing I learned in politics as an elected official, it was the value of a good lawyer. And they all told me the same thing. Fuck them, it's all bullshit until you get handed papers by a process server...

BClarkie is right. Let them:

1) Find our mailing addresses (time and effort)
2) Pay for a court reporter from their state to travel all over the world to serve us our papers (initially out of their pocket)
3) Have our day in court (while they continue to rack up monster legal fees)

It's not going to happen. End of story.

p.s. Do not... I repeat... DO NOT buy from this incompetent and disreputable seller. The headaches this person will cause you is not worth your time or your money.

p.p.s. My god I am 40 as well... where did all the time go :wink:


RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

 ICQ  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3279
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jan 20, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:25 pm 
 

gyg wrote:cheeky little git, thats the problem with our world, the youth of today have got no bloody respect :lol:



:lol:   " When I were lad..." and all that...  :wink:


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 57123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 555657