ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 42 of 64123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 626364
Author

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:59 pm 

Threat of legal action? Thanks for playing!  You'll be missed.

Sent to me five years and five months ago:

[email protected] wrote:Hi! This is James Corvin. And I'm writing you to find out how I can Post to defend myself on your sight!

thewww.acaeum.com

I feel its REALLY GUTLESS if you and anyone else that does not even know me to Compare me to someone I've never even Heard of! Yea that's right I'm the Game Emporium! And was finally told by someone, who DOES know me. What he was seeing on the  acaeum. Who the HELL is The Eastern Treasure Chest..and what do you mean my replies to Feedback!! I thought that was a Nice way to let people know I cared about what they thought. If you got something to say!!! SAY IT!! Dont talk behind my back like a bunch of Worms! Sorry if this sounds Harsh..But I'm pretty Pissed off, and if the shoe was on the other Foot you would be as WELL! Just who is that memeber your talking about...and why the heck am I being singled out! I wondered why you would not Reply to my Emails? That's dirty! That is totall Bull Shit..and Pass it on!! I get hit with a Problem and suddenly I'm a Crook!?? Know I now why Everyone seemed to Jump at the Chance to BASH my feedback, when the Problem did come up! That's DIRTY as HELL...talking and Spreading totally unfounded Rumors. Slander is what I'm going after...and I'll PROVE IT AS WELL!! Because I watching it all, and writing down EVERY user Id I see, that has made such an unfounded remark! Please explain to me what the Hell is going on? Would you like me to Start Bashing you!!? I think not! I dont even know you...and you dont know me!! So whats Up!!?? I WILL be contacting my Laywer and ANYONE else I need to. You would not even Respond to my Collecting and Values Question...but yet you FREELY let people use YOUR SIGHT to Bash my NAME!! I dont think so!! You had better address this Problem Immediately! OR I will cause you a Massive Headache! I didn't ask for this crap! I want something done about it, and I mean Yesterday!

James Corvin

How time flies.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:24 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:Threat of legal action? Thanks for playing!  You'll be missed.

Sent to me five years and five months ago:

How time flies.

Foul

What a REMARKABLY similar pattern of writing....much like the REMARKABLY similar way of listing items.....huh.

Must be a REMARKABLE coincidence......

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 pm 

Bleh, I was curious to see if there was a response or not from Lisa.  

I would much rather concede that some of the people here have been right all along than wonder about it.  I do think a community of experienced people is going to be usually right.  I just worry when the community behaves wrongly, or as if it is right... when the question is unclear.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:47 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I would much rather concede that some of the people here have been right all along than wonder about it.  I do think a community of experienced people is going to be usually right.  I just worry when the community behaves wrongly, or as if it is right... when the question is unclear.

No need to explain yourself . . . people (the Acaeum, the world at large, whoever) often jump to the wrong conclusions.

One difference between the Acaeum and the rest of the world is that the Acaeum has a thread that provides fairly strong evidence that Lisa is JonB.  All of the signs are there.

Another difference is that the Acaeum has some old-timer collectors who, like Mike said, have seen a lot over the years.  mbassoc even predicted the latest excuse.

Again, *shrug*.  Life goes on.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:42 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:Thanks for playing!  You'll be missed.

Scott, love your work.  Simple and straight to the point.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:No. I advocate making a claim to protect your investment and then returning the funds if and when they manage to deliver. It's called protecting your interests. If the seller is dishonest and shuts up shop and decides not to take payment or not to ship your product, those are things you have no control over. Your payment and chargeback are the only process you control in the transaction. Not to protect your interests when the writing is on the wall is just plain stupid. But I'm sure there are plenty of stupid people out there too.

Hey Ian ... I think you are on a slippery slope here.  

1. You are suggesting buying from a seller you believe to be dishonest.  
2. You are suggesting putting the claim in ahead of any issue.

With regard to the first point.  If you believe the seller is dishonest then dont buy from them.  Period.  You are only encouraging them and wasting your own time.  Besides there isn't an item they have that you can't find somewhere else.

With regard to the second point.  Lets say the seller is honest and you have made a mistake.  You have just stuffed someone around.  If the seller is dishonest then you have plenty of time to recoup your $$ via chargeback in any case.

I am not sure whether you have personally had issues with this scum.  I have.  I was also fortunate enough to be protected so at the end of the day I was not out of pocket.  While I completely sympathise with wanting to rid ebay (and potentially the planet) of this scum I cannot condone the method.  

For the record after the last post I have no doubt it is the same person.

Marketing Degree?  That was very HUMARASS ... MUST have BEEN one of THOSE you buy ONLINE ...

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:53 am 

Hi Mike,

Long time no read. You are absent too often.

I have had personal experience with ECT and Jonb, both. First time I lost out, second time I managed to recover funds before he disappeared. I do agree that this time around the rules and protection for buyers is somewhat more robust. I have not bought from Lisa for the obvious reasons.

Aside...

Any further thoughts on the use of Planes of Existance? Many of us would welcome such a product at whatever price. We'd just like to see how EGG and Marsh saw the D&D universe.

It's good to know you still drop by when time permits.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Long time no read. You are absent too often.
It's good to know you still drop by when time permits.

Sorry about that. Unfortunately work is keeping me far too busy.  Possibly a good thing in this economic climate :-)

I will always try and drop by as I think this is a great group of people and I look forward to making the pilgrimage to GenCon.  Brian, where are you?  Or are you using that second account of yours to log in?

mbassoc2003 wrote:I have had personal experience with ECT and Jonb, both. First time I lost out, second time I managed to recover funds before he disappeared. I do agree that this time around the rules and protection for buyers is somewhat more robust. I have not bought from Lisa for the obvious reasons.

Sorry to hear that .... Amazing how even a small community can attract scum.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Any further thoughts on the use of Planes of Existance? Many of us would welcome such a product at whatever price. We'd just like to see how EGG and Marsh saw the D&D universe.

I am sure it wouldn't be at whatever price :-)

I think you will find that the work is more Marsh than EGG and needs the type of cleanup that EGG was famous for. Having said that I would love to see the reviewed chapter (Invincible).

Take heart that it is on the back burner and I really would like to do something with it in the next year or so.  Which reminds me, Allan has been pestering me about it as well.  

If I have been quiet it is because I do not like setting false expectations and want to make sure I have the time to do the job properly.

Cheers

P.S.  I am happy to take this thread completely off topic.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 am 

Bumped because Lisas-Shit-Stinks has more sad sack excuses that seem to be of interest again.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 am 

well found Mike, so it seems she/he/it has been quiet for a couple of months possibly??

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 am 

Can't say I'm surprised though.
The apologists for this asshole ought to be ashamed of themselves.
This person needs people to be proactive in taking them down and hurting them so they realise eBay won't be an easy way to screw money from people. If they hurt they stop doing it. If they feel good they keep doing it. Very basic redneck motivation.
The liberal attitudes and the do-gooders are exactly what supports this type of activity.

If someone has bought from this new incarnation, I'd be interested in adding their latest contact information to the growing list of this person's pseudonyms.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 am 

I was one of the latest "victims" of Lisa on ebay, already negged him/her. As I mentioned in the other thread, need to do my homework on these scumbags. Thanks for bumping this thread Mike, I wish I had read it a month ago...

Jorge

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 pm 

I do my best to warn people....

ETA:  I also adjusted the thread title to hopefully help-out further.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:34 pm 

How do you adjust a thread title?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 pm 

If you started the thread, you should be able to edit the first post.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 am 

Just got a message in the paypal dispute forum from "Lisa":

"Martin, your item has been shipped....dear! It should be there ANYTIME NOW!!

PLEASE....let me and Paypal know when it arrives.

Thank you SO MUCH and I'm so TERRIBLY Sorry that I got behind when my father was in the Hospital! My help....POOR CHOICE of Words!! Apparently didn't even answer my emails or anything!! I PRAY you will Please Forgive that...I had NO Idea he was not doing anything...or I would have had this taken care of a LONG TIME AGO!!

My WARMEST Regards, LIsa"

If you compare this message to Foul's post above it is easy to see that this message is from "James Corvin" who threatened to sue.  Same style in use of Caps and dialogue.  

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I do my best to warn people....

ETA:  I also adjusted the thread title to hopefully help-out further.

Once again you are right, Brian.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Just got a message in the paypal dispute forum from "Lisa":

"Martin, your item has been shipped....dear! It should be there ANYTIME NOW!!

PLEASE....let me and Paypal know when it arrives.

Thank you SO MUCH and I'm so TERRIBLY Sorry that I got behind when my father was in the Hospital! My help....POOR CHOICE of Words!! Apparently didn't even answer my emails or anything!! I PRAY you will Please Forgive that...I had NO Idea he was not doing anything...or I would have had this taken care of a LONG TIME AGO!!

My WARMEST Regards, LIsa"

If you compare this message to Foul's post above it is easy to see that this message is from "James Corvin" who threatened to sue.  Same style in use of Caps and dialogue.  

Martin

Would certainly appear to be one and the same.. Didn't their father 'die' before? But hey ho, another one to steer well clear of anyway...  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 42 of 64123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 626364