ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 64123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 am 

Well I dont know about YOU guys, but it seems to ME that SOMEONE is irratated. I think it is AMOOSING to see the SAME speech and rambuling patterns weve seen be4.
Post a PICTURE of YOUR-SELF and go frum there, otherwise NO ONE here will believe you ar'ent ETC.
As for eBay, the SAME PATTERN is evident and PROVES the lie. You could be selling a BIG-TICKET item for $10 and I wouldnt buy it. Some people may enjoy playing eBay roulette with THIEVE'S, but not eye.
(I don't HAVE a degree in MARKETING, hence no use of the word RARE).

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:23 am 

Hey, Maybe it's code...

gamegirl wrote:JUST ALL NAME STEAL TOTALLY NERDS LOVE SURELY TRULY SAD ANYONE LOW LIFE KNOW BEFORE RIDICULOUS YEARS MY GOODNESS KNOWING GOOD AND WELL ALL HOLDING TWO PRINTINGS TEGAL MANOR STRAIGHT

CROOK

TRAVELLER RARE HILLBILLY SURE EBAY HYPE UP ALL AWE BOTH BAKED ALL REALLY MOST MOST TON TON SEVERAL ONLY GOOD GUYS SHADY UP TO  SEVERAL TERRIBLE JOHN CLASS ACT NO CHARLES TRULY PALADIN TRULY BASH LOWER STANDARDS I REALLY LONG-WINDED I REALLY MUST FIRST POST BEST EVERY SELLERS BEAT ON BEST

Regards, Lisa

...Maybe not

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:43 am 

gamegirl wrote:Well I have this entire Thread from Page 32 on...on Disk...and so does my Lawyer...my Post Master...is in contact with SEVERAL Postal Hubs around the World...and when they get confirmation of Delivery...some of you are about to have a TERRIBLE Bad week...to say the least!!

You make some good points in your posts, and I'm sure you're a fine person, but ...

The statement quoted above is either a lie or an empty threat.  Either way, you destroyed what little credibility your post began to establish with me as I read it.  I've never dealt with you on eBay, and after reading this post I doubt I ever will.  

My sincerest and deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband.  I, myself, am the father of multiples, I cannot imagine raising them as a single parent.  My best wishes to you and your twin daughters.

I'm Everywhere

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Same set of excuses as last time. Not blamed the death of a family member yet. Sure it will be soon.

gamegirl wrote:My husband was in the National Guard...and got sent to Iraq...and he didn't make it back from his second tour. My children can't even remember their father....and I can't believe I'm telling total strangers my life story!!

Wow! I stand corrected, Guys. We have the dead family member excuse as well! Anyone care to comment on this seller's registered address and it's proximity to the last three? I suspect if he hasn't done so, he'll be logging on to eBay and changing it.

Jonb aka Mr Barrett. I've tried to get in touch with you at your previous registered address. If it is you, I did finally receive my copy of Dungeons of Dr. Dement, and I owe you for the cost of the item. I'm more than happy to pay up if you can confirm your new ID and address etc.

In the meantime, do you like cake?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:38 am 

(Regarding recent missive from JonB)

Wow.....just wow......hit all the high points and leave us wanting more...beautiful...and the "You'll hear from my lawyers" to top it off....brilliant....!

(SLOW CLAP)

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:15 am 

Yes, the "Woe is me, my (insert relative here) died in Iraq" card was pathetic.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 am 

Definitely an interesting first post.  I hope you guys who convinced yourselves you are right, are right.

Otherwise, this is not a story you want to take home to your wife, mother or veteran friends' families.  The problem with guessing is it is guessing.  And attempting to destroy peoples reputation and business should never be based on a guess.  95% confidence intervals are not sufficient for harming someone and their family.

Even on forums of like-minded people, some of you need to remember you are publicly publishing what you write.  It's not all just among friends when strangers can stop in and read it.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm 

(shrug)  I'm not claiming to be correct or incorrect and one simply will not be able to prove otherwise by anything I wrote.

I'm simply pointing out the threat of legal action against anyone expressing an opinion on a public forum would be difficult threat upon which to follow through.  This, therefore, leads to the unfortunate conclusion the threat is either an empty one or a lie.

I'm Everywhere

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm 

Otherwise, this is not a story you want to take home to your wife, mother or veteran friends' families.  The problem with guessing is it is guessing.  And attempting to destroy peoples reputation and business should never be based on a guess.  95% confidence intervals are not sufficient for harming someone and their family.

I don't really care who lisasstufftoo really is. S/he is either an incompetent honest eBay seller with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement and a crybaby attitude, or an incompetent eBay scammer without a single scruple. Either way I'm disgusted.

Comparing notes (even publicly) on unpleasant business dealings is hardly grounds for a libel suit. The defamation, as I understand it, has to be 1) based on statements of fact, rather than matters of opinion, and 2) untrue. In my opinion, lisasstufftoo is a .... ah, skip it.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:33 pm 

DuBeers wrote:(shrug)  I'm not claiming to be correct or incorrect and one simply will not be able to prove otherwise by anything I wrote.

I'm simply pointing out the threat of legal action against anyone expressing an opinion on a public forum would be difficult threat upon which to follow through.  This, therefore, leads to the unfortunate conclusion the threat is either an empty one or a lie.

Exactly.  :)

And not the first time a threat or snide, hidden threat of legal action has shown someones true colours...  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:33 pm 

Pipswich  You SIR...are a TRULY HONARABLE Person!!

:safe:  :safe:  :safe:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:35 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Definitely an interesting first post.  I hope you guys who convinced yourselves you are right, are right.

Even on forums of like-minded people, some of you need to remember you are publicly publishing what you write.  It's not all just among friends when strangers can stop in and read it.

The problem is I can say I'm Gary Gygax's illigetimate love child on an internet forum..are you willing to give me the 95% confidence on that one?  If not, well, why not?

Most of our lives are out there as public knowledge. I know it's not hard to dig up stuff on a bunch of us on the forum, especially the ones who sell regularly on ebay, publish, run cons, etc.  Since I got online in 1992 or thereabouts there have been people saying they are this that or the other.

One one hand, the best case scenario this person is who they say they are and everything is true. Everyone here would owe her a big apology and such.  I would not hesitate to add that a dead family member is not an excuse for bad business practices; my father died of a lingering illness several years ago and I somehow still managed to get all my packages out on time.  Ditto with bad descriptions, etc.

On the other hand, the worst case scenario, this is a lying scumbag who besides all their other crimes has also used the "dead soldier relative" defense.  I will once again not hesitate to add that not only do people invent relatives that have died in Iraq/Afghanistan, some con artists even pose as ex soldiers until outed by alert media members.  Some are even people in positions of authority that something think there is no way someone will check up on their claims.

There is a very easy way to throw egg all over our faces and stick it to us...."Lisa" merely has to post a few links proving who she is.....perhaps a link to her husbands obit, or some people who knew her "back in the day" that gamed with her at Gencon or met her there. Do you have a facebook page? Most of us do nowadays. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Being on the internet for almost 20 years I have seen it all. I have to say, throwing out the "Just wait till my lawyer gets ahold of this" bullshit is at the VERY top of the list of total asinine shit to throw against the wall and try to make stick, along with the "Do you know some of the Shady things your friends are doing?" divide and conquer claim (I assume this is in regards to someone/someones who have contacted her "off ebay" to buy some stuff?)  I won't even go into whatever the heck is a claim about a post master getting involved, anyone with half a brain knows that postmasters sit around all day doing nothing and getting paid for it.  They are more useless than dogshit on a shoe most of the time; I doubt one is getting off his ass long enough to help you with anything.

Mail fraud cases go both ways, you know. I'd be interested in knowing who your local postmaster is in case anyone who didn't get their package in a timely manner (or at all) would like to contact them.

Be sure to update us on your identity (after which confirmed I will gladly and humbly beg your forgiveness) or how your lawyer and postmaster are doing with their various cases. Your replies will go a long way to determining if you are who you say you are, or another bullshit artist.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:53 pm 

Lisa,

You no-talent hack of an E-bay seller.

You came to the wrong forum if you want sympathy. If you want to do something right, try sending your packages ON TIME for once.

Furthermore, will you finally use your lawyer and sue someone please. It would be more entertaining that way for the rest of us...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:04 pm 

Something smells funny. Can't tell whether it's BS or cake. Or Both!

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 pm 

Sorry, Pip, but the dubious fact of her husband's death has nada to do with eBay, selling, or just about anything. It's akin to a race card. I'm a vet, and I came close to paying the ultimate price more than once. That is what you sign up for when you join the military, a fact all-too-often ignored by those people who sign up expecting a free ride for a few years, and then a lifetime of benefits.
He/she is just a scammer. It really IS that simple.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:15 pm 

Pip. You are way off the mark this time. The guy/woman/mellon farmer is an asshat. They behaviour cannot be justified by any number of spurious excuses, and their proximity, nature, conduct and command of the english language, are near identical to THREE previous eBay fraudsters.

You and I know that there it is in eBay's interest NOT to give a fuck, not to investigate, and not to take action. If you believe that the odds of them actially being the same individual is a mere 5%, your liberal nature and complacency run contrary to the spirit and ethic of the community at large.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:35 pm 

Whether this seller is/was a previous seller with a poor track record, is almost irrelevant; this seller is providing poor service now and should be avoided.  Period.

My experience was purchasing a couple items, then waiting waiting waiting.  I finally prodded and was given excuses.  After the excuses came further delay.  In the end, it was over a month before my items even shipped.

Maybe the excuses were real.  But there is still an obligation to send an email that says something like, "I'm dealing with an emergency.  I can't ship immediately."  If the situation is so serious that a seller couldn't even manage THAT much, then I'd think a few negative feedbacks and such wouldn't be too troubling either.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:04 pm 

Which eBay sellers are doing what now?

*headscratch*

I see lisas_stuff_too mentioned.  I recently purchased two items from lisas_stuff_too and had no problems.  I got both items within a week of auctions' end.

T&T boxed set:
. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

FASA Traveller module:
. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

[Edit: OK, I've gone back and read the thread.  Yes, the evidence points to a JonB incarnation.  Only time will tell whether this eBay ID closes up shop or continues on.  *shrug*]

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 64123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 626364