ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:27 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Nice, first we get a Bob Probert picture, now we have a Randy"Macho Man" Savage pic.  :lol:

I aim to entertain.  8)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:32 pm 

Randy Savage. I remember perfectly his first match.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:35 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Randy Savage. I remember perfectly his first match.

That, good sir, is scary.  8O

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:40 am 

johnhuck wrote:I'm not one for hanging an innocent man. But I've just used the link below to say

I'm concerned that jonb7839 and the_game_emporium are one and the same due to their auction listing style. the_game_emporium left a lot of unhappy people in their wake. Can you check this out?

Thanks.

eBay

Reply from eBay.

Thank you for taking the time to write eBay with your concerns. My name
is Arwen and I'm happy to help you further.

We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
investigated your report. In accordance with our site policies, we have
found that there is not enough evidence to show that a violation has
taken place. We understand your concern about this situation, and can
reopen the investigation if any additional information can be provided.

Because privacy concerns are important to everyone we are not at liberty
to discuss the details of another user's account. We hope that you
understand our position in this situation. We also hope that it assures
you that your personal account history will always remain private.

Looks like Arwen has hit rock bottom.  "After the break up with Aragorn, I had to get a job at the eBay support centre.  Ironic that they get me answering D&D queries." 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:00 am 

Provided eBay get thier cut of the profits, I see no reason why they should prevent a company like Eastern Treasure Chest for ripping everyone off. The seller makes a couple of thousand dollars and eBay get their cut. That's cool.

What incentive do eBay have to prevent any form of fraud? They are being payed to turn a blind eye?

They make millions of dollars a year from this type of business and the suckers who fall for it. It's all part of the eBay learning process, and its the nature of the business.

Or look at it another way. With a very small anount of stock, and some fairly rare desirables, you could run a business that nets you $3-5K a year with little or no outlay at all. If you run a similar scam with Signed Photos and one with CDs you could turn over a tidy profit by doing practically nothing. If you get your brother, sister, and wife doing it (probably one and the same redneck) you could have a family scam turning over $50K a year for doing f*ck all. Now that is good business sense.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:09 am 

Nobody here knows a lawyer?

I am not american and not a lawyer, and know practically nothing about usa law, but I speculate that, by answering in such a way, e-bay could be judged as an accomplice of the ex ETC if someone would file a suit and take the case in court.

Just gently answer to Arwen that you're going to report the fact - and our suspicions - to the justice and see what happens...

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:48 am 

rosenkav wrote:Nobody here knows a lawyer?

I am not american and not a lawyer, and know practically nothing about usa law, but I speculate that, by answering in such a way, e-bay could be judged as an accomplice of the ex ETC if someone would file a suit and take the case in court.

Just gently answer to Arwen that you're going to report the fact - and our suspicions - to the justice and see what happens...
Frank...you got the law-dog posse on this?

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:40 am 

Why not?

Seems like this ETC guy is screwing people with the help (or blank cooperation) of ebay.

How many have fallen in this kind of trap?

I generally think twice or thrice before raising accusations, but in this case... maybe I'll let the long arm of justice find out who's behind this.

Just contact the people who have been ripped off by this guy, and feed them the facts. I think their lawyers will have something to say about this.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:51 am 

rosenkav wrote:Why not?

Seems like this ETC guy is screwing people with the help (or blank cooperation) of ebay.

How many have fallen in this kind of trap?

I generally think twice or thrice before raising accusations, but in this case... maybe I'll let the long arm of justice find out who's behind this.

Just contact the people who have been ripped off by this guy, and feed them the facts. I think their lawyers will have something to say about this.

This option has been discussed here before, and like with copyright infringers you have to be able to prove that Ebay willingly and knowingly turned a blind eye to the wrong doing. Darkseraphim posted in one of the earlier threads several links to stories about folks who either sued directly or named Ebay as a codefendant in a lawsuit, under circumstances just like this and Ebay came out free and clean in ALL of them. Proving Ebay definitely knew of the wrong doing is extremely difficult as best. Another problem is that in the here in the US more than anywhere else, money talks and bullsh*t takes a stroll. :roll: A lot of times it is not about whether Ebay or anyone else for that matter is "Guilty", sometimes having the money to continue to defend yourself is enough. :roll: This happens a lot here unfortunately i.e OJ Simpson, PTE & G, the Tabacco companies, etc.   Nobody at this point has had the desire or the cash flow to fight Ebay to the end. I imagine it will happen sooner or later, but it hasn't happened yet.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:02 am 

Getting screwed by some guy on eBay is a right of passage. Everyone has to learn the lesson. You just need to hope it's not too expensive or painful. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't been stiffed by a bogus seller? Or his son?

I've probably lost about $150 over the passed three years.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:18 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Getting screwed by some guy on eBay is a right of passage. Everyone has to learn the lesson. You just need to hope it's not too expensive or painful. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't been stiffed by a bogus seller? Or his son?

Actually I've never yet been screwed on ebay.  But then I rarely buy anything on ebay, and when I do I make sure the options are in my corner (pay by credit card or paypal, etc).   Just because it can happen doesn't mean it's right, and on top of that it hurts our hobby and other legitimate resellers/buyers.  It's situations like this where the only recourse is vigilante justice.......... :D

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:01 am 

i've been stiffed three times now for a total of appx $150 too. if i ever get hold of one of the feckers who did it - i can assure you i will most definately be getting medieval on them  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:01 am 

Badmike wrote:It's situations like this where the only recourse is vigilante justice.......... :D

I second the motion. Put an ad' in Soldier of Fortune and have the guy taken care of.

.....that was a joke BTW. I thought I heard someone reach for the phone. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:03 am 

why joke about it? its about time someone really did do that...soon stop the little feckers. i wish i knew where them 2 warehouses were. if someone paid for me to go, i would burn the feckin things down.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:10 am 

killjoy32 wrote:....i will most definately be getting medieval on them :evil:

Nice, Medieval. 8O Alan, will that be with both some pliers and a blow torch too? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:21 am 

heheh i imagine a morning star, a blunt spoon and my girlfriends marble rolling pin would come in damn handy at some point, as well as the pliers and blowtorch :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:08 am 

Look whose bidding on this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW
Although its like turning to the dark side, do you think somebody should try to warn him, to see if he hasn't already realized who he is buying from? 8O

Its amazing how eerily dead the rest of his auctions are though. Almost no action at all:
eBay listings

Its almost like the calm before the storm............... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:55 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Getting screwed by some guy on eBay is a right of passage. Everyone has to learn the lesson. You just need to hope it's not too expensive or painful. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't been stiffed by a bogus seller? Or his son?

Thanks anyway, but I think I shall pass on that right......

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext