ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 64123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:16 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I bought a couple small items, and the first transaction a couple months ago was okay.  My most recent one was way too slow though (after three weeks I remind them to ship?) so I'm done.

That's pretty much the MO.  This scammer has been operating for many years under many different names, at first offering rarities and shipping quickly, with good service. As time goes on, shipping times drop, items are in crappier condition, until finally the seller stops shipping entirely...until he/she/it returns a year or so later under another name and starts up the entire process.  A hallmark is the excuses the seller offers which run the gamit of "Post office screwed up", "My new employee messed up", "Death in the family", or the old stand by "I was ill in the hospital".  Read the thread through from the beginning, it's really quite amazing the level of shit headed-ness this particular douchebag has engaged in over the last decade or so.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:52 pm 

Would anyone know, from those who have sold to this idiot, if the address is the same each time or are they moving as well?

Surely the clear link and pattern would be enough for a case of fraud to be raised and possibly even something brought against ebay for not checking the sellers sufficiently and allowing for such practices to continue when clearly you guys knew this was going to happen 6 months ago!!   :x

Or is that just ebay all over...   :roll:  As long as they get their fees, they couldn't give a rats arse. Perhaps they would if they were legally charged for facilitating fraudsters (and twats!)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 pm 

IIRC they are in Virginia, they usually move a few miles after each incarnation but it could be that they are using a friends or family members address

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:IIRC they are in Virginia, they usually move a few miles after each incarnation but it could be that they are using a friends or family members address

Always in Virginia, in locations very close (sometimes the same city). One incarnation (Game Emporium) claimed that they got the items from a relative that passed away; the next incarnation (Jon B) was supposedly a different person but had the same photos and descriptions of items as Game Emporium, etc.

There is always a "cooling down' period of a year or so between incarnations; so the heat dies down.  As anyone knows there are numerous ways around Ebay's bans, using different addresses, names on the account, etc.

Here's feedback from one of the last incarnations....sound familiar?

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... llFeedback

Mike b.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 pm 

I am wondering if she got behind and is having to wait on stuff to sell to pay for shipping.  ie the money from the recent sale ships stuff from two weeks ago and she is having trouble getting caught up.

Have you read the rest of this thread man???

It's also bizarre how many people on this very thread actually come to the conclusion that this isn't a rip job after it's happening over and over...
One thing that does piss me off is that Paypal holds my $ including shipping $ for an auction. I think they should release the shipping $ cause what if someone needs that dough to actually do what it's supposed to do... This jerk doesn't get to use that excuse _______________________

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:52 pm 

I really was not paying too much attention but I realized something funny was going on after a few weeks when all of the sudden "lisa" was all over the place selling on ebay.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:25 pm 

So, did anyone take my advice and rip the guy off before he started stiffing everone else?
This guy was kind enough to send me Dungeon of Dr. Demento before he shut up shop last time. I preempted the fall from grace with a chargeback, but when it did turn up, he wasn't around to be contacted and his eBay account was suspended.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So, did anyone take my advice

Stop admitting to questionable actions on a public forum!  :x

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:45 am 

I think I still have the guy's PayPal and eBay details from the time. His PayPal account was closed down and wasn't taking payments, and his phone number was some woman claiming she never knew who he was. Try as I might, I couldn't find a way to get in touch with the guy, so I asume he didn't want the money for the item.

Now, if he'd sent it airmail instead of by sea, and it'd arrived in two weeks instead of six, then maybe things would have panned out differently. As it is, I scored a freebie from a guy who was shafting a lot of people. I see nothing questionable in that. Nothing immoral let alone illegal. If he ever shows up again, and can prove he was the guy responsible for defrauding everyone, I'll be happy to give him his $50 back.

I think I'm entitled to a refund on the shipping seeing as I paid for Global Priority and he sent it surface.

From what I see, I hope everyone who bought something in the last month or two that hasn't had something turn up yet, preempt the inevitable and chargeback their credit cards. Better the money is in their pocket than in the pockets of a thief.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:09 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
From what I see, I hope everyone who bought something in the last month or two that hasn't had something turn up yet, preempt the inevitable and chargeback their credit cards. Better the money is in their pocket than in the pockets of a thief.

Well, the one good thing is with the new Ebay and Paypal policies, no one will lose a cent, and Lisa/Jon/Whoevers feedback is going to be busted to hell without any hope of retaliation. This is one of the good things that has come about in the wake of Ebay's new direction, one of the very few, that true sleezeballs can be hammered into the ground now.

I'd get those chargebacks/refunds in now, though, because he/she/it might just close their account before too long...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 pm 

eBay Feedback Profile for lisas_stuff_too

Got hit again yesterday...Has the flu, don't you know.

yep, that clock is definately ticking.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:02 pm 

And people are STILL stupid enough to buy from her.....

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:51 pm 

Buy.
Wait 14 days.
Chargeback sighting writing on the wall and non-delivery.

If the item turns up, offer to pay for the goods. If she's gone by then, hay-ho. I'm sure she'll ask for the money if she wants it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:43 pm 

So far she/he has blamed:
1. Short postage due to Paypal labeling problem
2. General Post Office incompetence
3. Delayed shipment due to attending a family reunion
4. Email server crashing
5. The Flu

This is a class act, I can't wait to see what comes up next!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:19 am 

That's quite a variety of excuses in a short time.  Doesn't look good, at all.

Nonetheless, advocating buying with no intention to pay for the product is wrong.  

Even if she/they are a serial problem, stealing or advocating stealing from them is wrong.

Although I agree with Grug, I am quite interested to see what comes next!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:09 am 

Same set of excuses as last time. Not blamed the death of a family member yet. Sure it will be soon.

Pipswich wrote:That's quite a variety of excuses in a short time.  Doesn't look good, at all.

Nonetheless, advocating buying with no intention to pay for the product is wrong.  

Even if she/they are a serial problem, stealing or advocating stealing from them is wrong.

Although I agree with Grug, I am quite interested to see what comes next!

No. I advocate making a claim to protect your investment and then returning the funds if and when they manage to deliver. It's called protecting your interests. If the seller is dishonest and shuts up shop and decides not to take payment or not to ship your product, those are things you have no control over. Your payment and chargeback are the only process you control in the transaction. Not to protect your interests when the writing is on the wall is just plain stupid. But I'm sure there are plenty of stupid people out there too.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:26 am 

The question is a moral one.  Is it ok to ripoff a thief :?

I say why not 8)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:29 am 

You're only ripping off a thief if you refuse to pay him or lie about the item arriving. If you offer to pay and he's f"cked off, won't respond, or has had his account closed, you aren't ripping off anyone.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 64123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 626364