ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 37 of 64123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:38 pm 

I am convinced now more than ever:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And errrrr:

"Thanks to ebayer Aneoth...I would like to direct all D&D fans to www-acaeum-com! The best D&D websight I have ever seen!! I was told that shipping out of the US can be very expensive...so International bidders please keep this in mind. I can only accept Paypal at this time, hope thats not a problem."

:?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:13 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am convinced now more than ever:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And errrrr:

:?

I like how he spells ... "websight" :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:48 pm 

That seems like an odd move to be directing buyers here.  Even if it weren't the con-man in question, why direct anyone to a site that even speculates that you may be a crook?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:That seems like an odd move to be directing buyers here.  Even if it weren't the con-man in question, why direct anyone to a site that even speculates that you may be a crook?

I am assuming it's a lame attempt to act "ignorant" of the site, even though everyone who has been here through the previous incarnations, knows this is bullshit.

He even signed up here before and tried to defend himself, a few years ago.

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=231

I found it interesting though, that Aneoth would be the one directing him here since he himself has been around for several of these previous incarnations and should KNOW by now this guys history and yet still not only directed him here again and but also has bid on his stuff already. Thus the   :? in my previous post. I am just wondering if this is kind of like the Cougarrinard thing a couple of weeks ago.  I'll leave it at that.

And, just as a refresher to those who for whatever reason might think that this guy got a raw deal or some such nonsense in the past, here is some of the feedback of some of his most "successful" previous incarnations:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... llFeedback

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... ;items=200

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... hest%21%21

ETA: It should be pointed out that Ebay has removed all the retaliatory negatives this guy has left over the course of several User IDs.  I had forgotten that they did that for a period of time for users who went NRU but I don't think they do it any more.  

Regardless, this guy was as bad if not worse than Cougar for leaving retaliatory negs when Sellers were still allowed to do so.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:09 am 

I don't see any reason not to buy from this guy in his early phase of development. Firstly, he has a record of always shipping promptly for while in order to build his feedback reputation. Secondly, his stuff tends to be of good quality and lower in price than it otherwise wood be, because of all the cautious bidding and known history. Thirdly, whatever happend, if you buy on a credit card and through PayPal you are covered if your package doesn't arrive as described. Buying from him seems like a prudent investment this early in his cycle.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 am 

That's called enabling :)

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 pm 

lisas_stuff_too , for searchers

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:05 pm 

mordrin wrote:lisas_stuff_too , for searchers

eBay listings

Looks to have some nifty stuff.  Is this person associate with the reason for the thread?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 pm 

Yes, they are suspected of being the newest id of a seller with a poor track record.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:28 pm 

mordrin wrote:Yes, they are suspected of being the newest id of a seller with a poor track record.

A quick recap: He sells and delivers nice RPG items for a while.  Eventually the "delivery" part falls from the previous sentence, and he disappears.  Then he re-appears, only to be spotted by bclarkie.  Perhaps we should name each year for his new eBay name.   :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:24 am 

bclarkie wrote:[*]Over use of "!!" and use of "Rare", when it's anything but.

[*]Same starting prices.

[*]Multiple underscores in the name. Just like the_game_emporium, the_wizards_of_all_things, the_eastern_treasure_chest, etc.

It's weird/interesting that a lot of scammers just aren't smart enough to realize that many of their habits/routines act as a signature for purposes of detection.

I mean, really, if I were JonB, the absolute last thing I'd do is use underscores yet again for my user ID. Then again, I guess we're not discussing a future quantum physicist here ...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:51 am 

nver mind.
have some fun boys...... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:You constant paranoia is really getting old dude.  Lighten up.

Are you serious?!?  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am 

I apparently missed something in this thread.  :?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 am 

Paranoia is not something you miss....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm 

I had cancelled a bid on one of my auctions, and banned the person from ever bidding again with me, after which I happened upon this thread. And there was the name!

Was a bit of a surprise, as with the feedback thought she/he was a new member of Ebay.

You live and learn.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:08 pm 

Can we get Coug and Jon B. to buy and sell from each other in some mutual wank-off?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:53 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Can we get Coug and Jon B. to buy and sell from each other in some mutual wank-off?

They've collided before; I'm almost positive. It was a while ago, but the details are likely in this very thread.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 37 of 64123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 626364