ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 64123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 626364
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:50 am 

He usually has some nice stuff as well, get in first though before he starts falling behind in the postage... The Snarfquest book bought me up.. I don't know about Unique... Larry drew a pic in all Snarfquest rpg books that were pre ordered through his web page (I bought one because of this...) I can't remember seeing one for sale though...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:00 am 

No. You get in there and chargeback. Sting him before he starts stinging everyone. That way he loses stock and money, and when this guy realises there's no proffit to be had in sccrewing everyone on eBay, he'll quit and not come back.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am 

I agree with BC....it sure looks like the guy.  But he can't do squat anymore.....the game has changed. If the moron doesn't ship your stuff, you can chargeback, and hammer the guy with neg feedback WITHOUT any repercussions.  He can't "sting" anyone anymore, the entire ebay thing is now rigged exactly against guys who pulled this crap (take your money and never ship).  He has all the menace of a toothless old dog.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 am 

Chances are that being a new seller, paypal will hold the money in the paypal account until you leave positive feedback as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:16 am 

Mars wrote:Chances are that being a new seller, paypal will hold the money in the paypal account until you leave positive feedback as well.

I thought they only did that for electronic goods an that. Didn't realise they could do that in our market.

:lol:  ROFLMAO  :lol:

That reminds me of something I did to jonXXXX whatever this guy's last eBay ID was. I went down his BIN list and bought everything from him one day, and ticked the box to say I'd sent him a cheque.  :lol:  He e-mailed me three days later to say eBay hit him with $240 in fees and had taken it out of his bank account already, and could I agree to not proceed with the sale so he could have his fees reversed. It was a laugh. I guess you had to be there.  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 am 

. wrote:I thought they only did that for electronic goods an that. Didn't realise they could do that in our market.

:lol:  ROFLMAO  :lol:

That reminds me of something I did to jonXXXX whatever this guy's last eBay ID was. I went down his BIN list and bought everything from him one day, and ticked the box to say I'd sent him a cheque.  :lol:  He e-mailed me three days later to say eBay hit him with $240 in fees and had taken it out of his bank account already, and could I agree to not proceed with the sale so he could have his fees reversed. It was a laugh. I guess you had to be there.  :lol:

That is both sad and funny as hell at the same time. 8O  :cry:  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:47 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:That is both sad and funny as hell at the same time. 8O  :cry:  :lol:

The guy really is a first grade eBay fraudster, and eBay weren't gonna do a thing about him. I hit him in his pocket. It was hilarious.  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am 

I thought they only did that for electronic goods an that.

I have had this happen every time I sell "virtual" goods. I haven't had it happen otherwise.

You could have some situation where you sell a bunch of stuff and Paypal holds the $$$ but then the seller (claiming he's broke) could say he can't afford to ship the stuff. No?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:38 pm 

I am convinced now more than ever:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And errrrr:

"Thanks to ebayer Aneoth...I would like to direct all D&D fans to www-acaeum-com! The best D&D websight I have ever seen!! I was told that shipping out of the US can be very expensive...so International bidders please keep this in mind. I can only accept Paypal at this time, hope thats not a problem."

:?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:13 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am convinced now more than ever:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And errrrr:

:?

I like how he spells ... "websight" :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:48 pm 

That seems like an odd move to be directing buyers here.  Even if it weren't the con-man in question, why direct anyone to a site that even speculates that you may be a crook?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:That seems like an odd move to be directing buyers here.  Even if it weren't the con-man in question, why direct anyone to a site that even speculates that you may be a crook?

I am assuming it's a lame attempt to act "ignorant" of the site, even though everyone who has been here through the previous incarnations, knows this is bullshit.

He even signed up here before and tried to defend himself, a few years ago.

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=231

I found it interesting though, that Aneoth would be the one directing him here since he himself has been around for several of these previous incarnations and should KNOW by now this guys history and yet still not only directed him here again and but also has bid on his stuff already. Thus the   :? in my previous post. I am just wondering if this is kind of like the Cougarrinard thing a couple of weeks ago.  I'll leave it at that.

And, just as a refresher to those who for whatever reason might think that this guy got a raw deal or some such nonsense in the past, here is some of the feedback of some of his most "successful" previous incarnations:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... llFeedback

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... ;items=200

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... hest%21%21

ETA: It should be pointed out that Ebay has removed all the retaliatory negatives this guy has left over the course of several User IDs.  I had forgotten that they did that for a period of time for users who went NRU but I don't think they do it any more.  

Regardless, this guy was as bad if not worse than Cougar for leaving retaliatory negs when Sellers were still allowed to do so.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:09 am 

I don't see any reason not to buy from this guy in his early phase of development. Firstly, he has a record of always shipping promptly for while in order to build his feedback reputation. Secondly, his stuff tends to be of good quality and lower in price than it otherwise wood be, because of all the cautious bidding and known history. Thirdly, whatever happend, if you buy on a credit card and through PayPal you are covered if your package doesn't arrive as described. Buying from him seems like a prudent investment this early in his cycle.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 am 

That's called enabling :)

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 pm 

lisas_stuff_too , for searchers

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:05 pm 

mordrin wrote:lisas_stuff_too , for searchers

eBay listings

Looks to have some nifty stuff.  Is this person associate with the reason for the thread?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 pm 

Yes, they are suspected of being the newest id of a seller with a poor track record.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:28 pm 

mordrin wrote:Yes, they are suspected of being the newest id of a seller with a poor track record.

A quick recap: He sells and delivers nice RPG items for a while.  Eventually the "delivery" part falls from the previous sentence, and he disappears.  Then he re-appears, only to be spotted by bclarkie.  Perhaps we should name each year for his new eBay name.   :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 64123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 626364