ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 64123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 626364
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:06 pm 

Bump, for great justice.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:*Officially retired of busting the shillers, thieves, liars, trolls and other "bad people" of Ebay and this site.*

Say it isn't so?!?!?!??!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:59 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well it is official, jonb7839 is now: No longer a registered user

eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

The question is how long before he shows up again? My guess will probably be around November, so keep an eye out.

As far as I can tell, this quote from Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:40 am is the last time he was positively identified.  So either he's gone for good, or he's taking an uncharacteristically long break between scams.

[edit] Damn it, warn me when I'm saying something stupid, B.  Sheesh.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:34 am 

Is he back?

eBay listings

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:46 pm 

bombadil wrote:Is he back?

eBay listings

What would make you think this?  Where are the similarities?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 am 

*cough*

eBay listings

*cough*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:08 am 

Really? I've yet to see you proved wrong, but just how the hell do you know?

(and I thought you'd retired :wink: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:15 am 

gyg wrote:Really? I've yet to see you proved wrong, but just how the hell do you know?

(and I thought you'd retired :wink: )

Primarily:

• Wytheville, Va.  
  • Over use of "!!" and use of "Rare", when it's anything but.
  • Same starting prices.
  • Multiple underscores in the name. Just like the_game_emporium, the_wizards_of_all_things, the_eastern_treasure_chest, etc.
  • Also, If I remember correctly, in the past he has usually re-started his catastrophes either right before Christmas or right about now in May.
  • The listings are toned down a bit, probably to help avoid detection, but I am about 99.5% sure this is the newest incarnation of our old old friend.

And this one is way too big for me to pass up, at least initially.

:wink:

ETA: It's good to see that they finally decided to NOT go with the all white background this time and move to the all dark green instead.  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:25 am 

So I was digging through some of the negative feedback on this guy (in this case under the_game_emporium), and this one is my favorite:

"My Book smells like weed!!!!!!! My parents confirmed it. BUSTED!!!!!"

:lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:13 am 

bclarkie wrote:*cough*

eBay listings

*cough*

Yay! He's Back.
Another chance for everyone to get some free stuff and screw the guy before he screws everyone else. If more people do it, he'll soon get the message.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:50 am 

He usually has some nice stuff as well, get in first though before he starts falling behind in the postage... The Snarfquest book bought me up.. I don't know about Unique... Larry drew a pic in all Snarfquest rpg books that were pre ordered through his web page (I bought one because of this...) I can't remember seeing one for sale though...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:00 am 

No. You get in there and chargeback. Sting him before he starts stinging everyone. That way he loses stock and money, and when this guy realises there's no proffit to be had in sccrewing everyone on eBay, he'll quit and not come back.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am 

I agree with BC....it sure looks like the guy.  But he can't do squat anymore.....the game has changed. If the moron doesn't ship your stuff, you can chargeback, and hammer the guy with neg feedback WITHOUT any repercussions.  He can't "sting" anyone anymore, the entire ebay thing is now rigged exactly against guys who pulled this crap (take your money and never ship).  He has all the menace of a toothless old dog.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 am 

Chances are that being a new seller, paypal will hold the money in the paypal account until you leave positive feedback as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:16 am 

Mars wrote:Chances are that being a new seller, paypal will hold the money in the paypal account until you leave positive feedback as well.

I thought they only did that for electronic goods an that. Didn't realise they could do that in our market.

:lol:  ROFLMAO  :lol:

That reminds me of something I did to jonXXXX whatever this guy's last eBay ID was. I went down his BIN list and bought everything from him one day, and ticked the box to say I'd sent him a cheque.  :lol:  He e-mailed me three days later to say eBay hit him with $240 in fees and had taken it out of his bank account already, and could I agree to not proceed with the sale so he could have his fees reversed. It was a laugh. I guess you had to be there.  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 am 

. wrote:I thought they only did that for electronic goods an that. Didn't realise they could do that in our market.

:lol:  ROFLMAO  :lol:

That reminds me of something I did to jonXXXX whatever this guy's last eBay ID was. I went down his BIN list and bought everything from him one day, and ticked the box to say I'd sent him a cheque.  :lol:  He e-mailed me three days later to say eBay hit him with $240 in fees and had taken it out of his bank account already, and could I agree to not proceed with the sale so he could have his fees reversed. It was a laugh. I guess you had to be there.  :lol:

That is both sad and funny as hell at the same time. 8O  :cry:  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:47 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:That is both sad and funny as hell at the same time. 8O  :cry:  :lol:

The guy really is a first grade eBay fraudster, and eBay weren't gonna do a thing about him. I hit him in his pocket. It was hilarious.  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am 

I thought they only did that for electronic goods an that.

I have had this happen every time I sell "virtual" goods. I haven't had it happen otherwise.

You could have some situation where you sell a bunch of stuff and Paypal holds the $$$ but then the seller (claiming he's broke) could say he can't afford to ship the stuff. No?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 64123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 626364