ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 64123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:31 pm 

Oooooo its getting really ugly now:

eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

How about 3 more negatives in that last couple of hours.  jonb is now down to 97%.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Oooooo its getting really ugly now:

Six of last seven (and eight of last 13) comments are negative. I'm thinking the end is nigh: he's one again ceased any shipping, there's a batch of new negs coming in the next week, and, finally (mercifully), he will soon be listed as "not a registered user."

Then a few weeks will go by, he'll start a new account, not be smart enough to change anything, and Clarkie will need about 20 minutes to smoke him out. :D

JonB, you are the biggest loser I've ever come across ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:11 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Oooooo its getting really ugly now:

Six of last seven (and eight of last 13) comments are negative. I'm thinking the end is nigh: he's one again ceased any shipping, there's a batch of new negs coming in the next week, and, finally (mercifully), he will soon be listed as "not a registered user."

Then a few weeks will go by, he'll start a new account, not be smart enough to change anything, and Clarkie will need about 20 minutes to smoke him out. :D

JonB, you are the biggest loser I've ever come across ...

When it happens, BC will be on him like stink on JonB...I mean, stink on shit.
  I hope everyont takes warning.  Unlike the last two times, the seller broke tradition and went out of sight without much warning.  Not only that, he had his lowest feedback total yet.  The next time he appears, he could be here for even less time than ever, meaning virtually no grace period for purchasing items and actually having a chance to get them.
  I'm making a log of items he was selling the last few days, in order to smoke him out as fast as possible next time.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:18 pm 

Good idea, Mikey. However, next time I think we should insist that eBay investigate it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:04 am 

He's cut and run. Lots more negative feedbacks to come. It might be worth letting all those buyer's who have been screwed know about ETC and TGE and thell them that eBay have been warned that this guy was going to do the same thing.

Having said that, there's absolutely FA they can do about it anyway.

I got an immediate response from eBays Office of the President regarding something else, so I think a well drafted report on JonB and his past guises, and the fact that eBay were aware and complicit in his fraud could make them listen. Especially if you post it on the web and let all the buyers know where to read it as well.

In the early days eBay were deleting his negative feedback.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:21 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:He's cut and run. Lots more negative feedbacks to come. It might be worth letting all those buyer's who have been screwed know about ETC and TGE and thell them that eBay have been warned that this guy was going to do the same thing.

Having said that, there's absolutely FA they can do about it anyway.

I got an immediate response from eBays Office of the President regarding something else, so I think a well drafted report on JonB and his past guises, and the fact that eBay were aware and complicit in his fraud could make them listen. Especially if you post it on the web and let all the buyers know where to read it as well.

In the early days eBay were deleting his negative feedback.

well i think we are seeing the culmination of a lot of hard work, spearheaded by bclarkie and tbh i have no doubt that it has paid off to a massive degree. look how quickly he has fallen this time! there was no way he was going to get away with things in the same way that he did the last time around and i really am glad.

i think you will find that the next time he tries this same kind of stunt again, his life-span will be even shorter.

i myself must have sent at least a dozen mails to ebay this time and if you multiply that by the number of others who contributed here, i think thats a pretty good way of building awareness of ppl like jonb and evertually, ebay HAVE to take notice.

thanks to BC and the rest of the guys for all their important work, no matter how thankless it is at times. for one, i am grateful.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:01 am 

The wheels have finally come off the jonb scam express with superb sleuthing by forum members.    
Creating a Geocities (or other free) site with all the evidence of ECT/Game Emporium/jonb lies and cons would be a fine idea as we would be able to direct the next wave of bidders under his next alias to the warning.  Since eBay won't police themselves and even deleted his initial negative feedbacks...  
It's sad to read all these negatives coming and to think of all the potentially new vintage RPG fans being turned off from our hobby.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:56 am 

Presumably we have confirmed his address. He bought an item from Stormber.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:10 pm 

Way to go, Clarkie.  Your persistence has paid off big time.

I think I've still got his and her address around here somewhere...Let me take a look.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:22 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Way to go, Clarkie. Your persistence has paid off big time.

I think I've still got his and her address around here somewhere...Let me take a look.

i posted his address on here some way back up the thread - a friend of mine made me aware of it so that others could potentially make use of it if they wanted to.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:51 pm 

physical addy;
ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too! • Page 9 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

also noticed that other (shill?) account apparently hasn't been used since it was spotted (just before the above post);
ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too! • Page 7 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

=
John; is your other "enquiry" still open with eBay?
ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too! • Page 9 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:55 pm 

Man, I'm awfully lucky with my timing. Would have only lost ~$35, but glad that PP rejected my payment when it did, hah!

Funny (in a bad way) to see that the one recent pos feedback he's received was from an item that ended 6 weeks ago... ouch.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:50 am 

He'll be back on eBay before Christmas. So you can all buy those things you've been keeping an eye on. :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:14 am 

It is now.  A rather restrained email just sent:

Arwen

I shall try and resist the temptation to say "I told you so".

But don't you think that a review of this seller is long overdue?

As was pointed out over 3 months ago there was evidence to suggest that this seller was a reincarnation of two previous sellers who had "gone bad" i.e. "the_eastern_treasure_chest!!" and "the_game_emporium".  Given his recent MO I think that this now beyond any reasonable doubt.

I would suggest that due to its failure to support mine and others claims, eBay is entirely to blame for all those other bidders who now seem to have lost their money.

Can you please explain to me why this seller is still given eBay's support?  And what are the plans to compensate those bidders who have lost their money due to eBay's failure to act?

Regards.

John.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:52 am 

johnhuck wrote:

It is now. A rather restrained email just sent:

Arwen

I shall try and resist the temptation to say "I told you so".

But don't you think that a review of this seller is long overdue?

As was pointed out over 3 months ago there was evidence to suggest that this seller was a reincarnation of two previous sellers who had "gone bad" i.e. "the_eastern_treasure_chest!!" and "the_game_emporium". Given his recent MO I think that this now beyond any reasonable doubt.

I would suggest that due to its failure to support mine and others claims, eBay is entirely to blame for all those other bidders who now seem to have lost their money.

Can you please explain to me why this seller is still given eBay's support? And what are the plans to compensate those bidders who have lost their money due to eBay's failure to act?

Regards.

John.

Wish it would do anygood, face it Ebay made their cash off Jonb (and guys like him) so to actually do something about it would take money out of their pockets.  Even if (when) he pops up again, I doubt any actions will be taken.  Jon Basset is simply too good at what he does (theft) and too slick to not go by the rules and gouge as much money as he can before disappearing.  However, I have a feeling that the light that was shined on this roach by BC, myself and others might have aided his very unexpected and recent departure.
  I really, really hope this latest incident will make members of this forum realize that when buying from ETC/GE/JB whether or not it's a "good deal" you are AIDING A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE by dealing with this moron!  The fact that despite all the evidence and the warnings, up until last week members of this forum were still attempting to send this guy money is mind boggling!  He's a black eye on the hobby and for retailers he's our worst nightmare, as he erodes trust in the entire process of buying RPGs online.  
     After this latest outbreak, I'm seriously contemplating blocking from my own auctions forum members who bid on the next incarnation of ETC/GE/JB auctions, simply because support of a thief, liar and conman is not the sort of behavior I think should be encouraged here or anywhere else. and I'd rather not do business with such people myself.  Now, being as don't deal with forum members very freqently (given as how the typical forum member is not looking for a G1-3 against the giants) I realize the "ban" would be mostly symbolic.  But I'd be willing to do such actions to throw further light on the problem of supporting criminal activity such as theft, misrepresentation of identity and property, and other sundry activities Jon Basset was engaged in.
  To extend the metaphor, If I ran a store in your hometown, and ETC/GE/JB ran one also, I wouldn't appreciate your patronization of his store at the expense of mine, when if every 6 months or so he moved out in the dead of the night  and changed names and locations in an attempt to throw off former customers he owed money to. Because of the faceless impersonal nature of the internet, we often ignore real life applications of such activity.  Maybe it's time some of us did something about it.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:08 pm 

I fail to see why eBay should prevent theft like this and fraud (PDF selling) on eBay. What could possibly motivate them to stop this? They are being paid by these people, not by the buyer.

The person who pays the piper calls the tune. The most fundimental rule of business. The customer is always right. eBay's customer is the seller. The buyer is just traffic.

And they have nothing to fear from third party law suits. And as for press coverage, no news is bad news, as they say. eBay are onto a real winner here.

The best you can ever do is complain, leave a few negative feedbacks and feel pissed off about it. Why bother?

If you want to hit these guys hard and make it hurt, I have a way, but I'm not posting it on open forum. If you want to discuss a more underhanded method of dealing with him in future, and If you want to know why his account was closed for a week in the middle of his little escapade, drop me a line. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:18 pm 

Badmike wrote:I really, really hope this latest incident will make members of this forum realize that when buying from ETC/GE/JB whether or not it's a "good deal" you are AIDING A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE by dealing with this moron! The fact that despite all the evidence and the warnings, up until last week members of this forum were still attempting to send this guy money is mind boggling! He's a black eye on the hobby and for retailers he's our worst nightmare, as he erodes trust in the entire process of buying RPGs online.
  After this latest outbreak, I'm seriously contemplating blocking from my own auctions forum members who bid on the next incarnation of ETC/GE/JB auctions, simply because support of a thief, liar and conman is not the sort of behavior I think should be encouraged here or anywhere else. and I'd rather not do business with such people myself. Now, being as don't deal with forum members very freqently (given as how the typical forum member is not looking for a G1-3 against the giants) I realize the "ban" would be mostly symbolic. But I'd be willing to do such actions to throw further light on the problem of supporting criminal activity such as theft, misrepresentation of identity and property, and other sundry activities Jon Basset was engaged in.

Many of us are good friends on the forums, as we share a common interest.  I greatly value other Acaeum members' opinions in regards to all aspects of collecting, including the reputations of various eBay users.  

However, my business decisions will ultimately remain my own.  I'm not interested in entering into some sort of eBay trading union.

I recently bid on one of jonb's auctions, after calculating the risk involved from the information made available.  I admit I calculated poorly, but ultimately it was my decision to make, not the Acaeum's.  I won't be buying from him again, based on my own experience dealing with him.  In short, eBay is not a democracy.

I've purchased from you before, Badmike, and would do so again as you're a great seller.  If you want to block anyone from your auctions for any reason that's your choice, and I respect your conviction in the matter if not your approach.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:30 pm 

Badmike wrote:After this latest outbreak, I'm seriously contemplating blocking from my own auctions forum members who bid on the next incarnation of ETC/GE/JB auctions

That would be most disappointing. All is often not as it would seem.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 64123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 626364