ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 64123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:17 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Ralf Toth wrote:The good thing is, that this thread obviously worked. Only very few Acaeum members bought from that thief, the majority stayed away.

i agree with Ralf - thankfully most of us here havent been lured in and suffered for it.

that said though, i have a comment about his inability to ship things. quite a few times, he has moaned about being totally overwhelmed with stuff and not being able to stay on top of things. well tbh, he's just talking utter shite there. i don;t ever rate myself in the selling range of badmike or the coug etc, but i sell a fair few things, as well as holding down a full time job, looking after my kids when they are here and having a life too....

now frankly, if i can keep up with things, i am pretty damn sure he can, so if he is using that as an excuse - its a pretty bad one, cos its not like he has sold THAT many things.

personally, i think it really is just a blatant excuse and he had no intention of shipping them in the first place - as ralf said, just abusing the platform and taking money from unsuspecting buyers.

the sooner everyone wises up to the guy, the better.

Al

I'm not always the fastest shipper, I've managed to get items out the next day, but I've had times when it took 10-14 days or so to ship out...not proud of it, but it's happened.  But 4-7 weeks, that's just mind boggling.  Lookat guys like Guido, he has something like 100 sales a week and manages to not get neg feedback for late shipping, whatever the excuses they are bollocks as my UK friends would say....
  Wow, it's amazing how quickly it's falling apart this, the third time for this moron.  He managed over 3000 feedback as the Eastern Treasure Chest, over 1500 as the Game Emporium, and now not even 300 as Jonb before the roof is falling in.

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:40 am 

and a lot of those are as a buyer not a seller...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:50 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:the sooner everyone wises up to the guy, the better.

It may interest many here to know that his account is currently frozen, and has been that way for at least 24 hours...

I recently threw in a lowball bid an auction and won. But don't fret, folks, as it appears I can't pay him despite my best efforts to do so. :roll:
Paypal wrote:"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

If the situation changes, I'll keep you informed. (I've already sent him email stating that if I don't at least hear from him, I'll be forced to file a non-performing seller report.)

This happens if you have a dispute with Paypal.  It goes like this, a buyer (or buyers, in the case of this retard) are pissed off, and do a chargeback on their paypal payment.  This typically comes out of your paypal balance, but if you empty your balance daily or more the chargeback will sit in your paypal account as a negative until you deposit more money or have it deposited by a buyer.  To prevent paypal from getting the money, you can block the account (or close it down, if you really want to pull up stakes) and that way no money gets deposited into your account for use only as a chargeback (to pay back the bidder you ripped off).  I've known people to do this when they have a big problem with Paypal or a big payment has been charged back.  Sometimes it's done when Paypal investigates fradulent accounts also. Whatever, it's just another negative in this guy's book as far as I'm concerned.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:07 am 

JonB got another negative this morning:

Item never received-had to file a claim to get money back. Unresponsive to email:   Buyer   mg82070 ( 132)   Jun-29-05 06:31  5200498987  

No retaliatory negative FB as of yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:47 pm 

JonB just had his negative feedback from me deleted by posting my name in his response. If you respond to a negative feedback by saying something like 'Thanks, David for the negative feedback.' eBay will delete the whole item, and you keep your record clean.

Cool, huh?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:19 pm 

JonB is on a roll now! He just picked up his 2nd negative of the day:

Paid, but never recieved item. No response to emails I've sent since winning.   Buyer   varek-kai ( 16)   Jun-29-05 10:06  5202649834

Five of the last 10 feedbacks left for JonB have been negative. Wonder if he's still packing furiously?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:28 pm 

shadowfax17 wrote:JonB is on a roll now! He just picked up his 2nd negative of the day:

Paid, but never recieved item. No response to emails I've sent since winning. Buyer varek-kai ( 16) Jun-29-05 10:06 5202649834

Five of the last 10 feedbacks left for JonB have been negative. Wonder if he's still packing furiously?

Looks like the route is defintely on now. :evil: Now the question is how long until he officially folds up the tent and leaves? And how long does he wait this time to return under a new user ID that Ebay will do nothing to prevent from ripping people off again. :roll:

I wonder how big of an A$$hole the person from Ebay who said that they could do nothing about him because they couldnt be sure it was the same person feels like? And what about the jack-offs who actually removed negative feedback that was left for him trying to warn potential buyers of who he really was? This all should have been moot back in March whenever he was reported a multitude of times, but of course Ebay had to try and suck as many fees as possible from him at the expense of his paying customers :evil: :evil: :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:44 pm 

Oh and I guess as per jonb's own policy:

JONB7839 THE THIEF wrote:Sorry but I will NO longer Accept Bids from (ZERO) Feedback Bidders...or Bidders with Excessive Negative Feedback!!

That he would not accept bids from himself if he was the bidder. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
shadowfax17 wrote:JonB is on a roll now! He just picked up his 2nd negative of the day:

Paid, but never recieved item. No response to emails I've sent since winning. Buyer varek-kai ( 16) Jun-29-05 10:06 5202649834

Looks like the route is defintely on now. :evil: Now the question is how long until he officially folds up the tent and leaves? And how long does he wait this time to return under a new user ID that Ebay will do nothing to prevent from ripping people off again. :roll:

Well, whatever happens, we'll be watching BC....wonder who Jonb will leave his stuff for after he "passes" away this time?  I don't think he and Jason had any kids together, I don't think that's possible, but you never know :evil:
  Each time he tries to come back, it just makes it tougher on himself.   More people familiar with his shtick, more people knowing the crap he peddles (If a Ruby Dragon comes up, I mean, everyone knows now who that is..).  We'll be on him even faster next time.  

I wonder how big of an A$$hole the person from Ebay who said that they could do nothing about him because they couldnt be sure it was the same person feels like?

They dont' care.

And what about the jack-offs who actually removed negative feedback that was left for him trying to warn potential buyers of who he really was?

They don't care.

This all should have been moot back in March whenever he was reported a multitude of times, but of course Ebay had to try and suck as many fees as possible from him at the expense of his paying customers :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, cynically, it's their job to make money and not to help out 1 or 2 buyers that may be complaining.  In these cases they will bend over backwards to help the SELLER, who generates most of their revenue.  I have to admit as a seller I do like the fact I'm somewhat "protected" against a disgruntled psychotic buyer or two who might try and make trouble for me.  However, then you have a Jonb come along and ruin everything.
    The best possible solution is to do what we have been doing, self policing.  Remember, a lot of savvy gamers and buyers from these very forums purchased from Jonb, even after there were practically daily warnings from the Cassandra's of the audience here. Realistically, if people as intelligent as those on these boards continued to skirt disaster by dealing with a thief and a liar, the average Ebay buyer doesn't care either.  I guess next time, the best procedure is for certain vigilantes to bid early for his stuff, wait a decent length of time, then neg the hell out of him and drive him off earlier, or at least leave him negs that may cause one or two potential buyers to shy away.  Im in the process right now of aquiriing a friend's Ebay account (he hasn't bid in years but has about 5-6 feedback) which I guess I will be using for this endeavor if the deal goes through. I would hate to resort to this but this guy seems to be bulletproof as far as Ebay is concerned.  
 Watching the demise with great pleasure, though....

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:09 pm 

Couple more negs posted.  Down to 97.7% feedback.  No retalitory feedback posted yet, so the negs must be receint.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:05 pm 

I knew I should have started reading through here earlier.

I've got winning bids on 9 of his items. Apparently I'm quite fortunate that when I tried to pay him, I got the "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." from PP.

Is there a legitamate way to get around not paying this jackass? I'd rather not eat the negatives :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:19 pm 

There is, just don't pay him. If eBay complains, you can claim that he has been accumulating negatives for not shipping items. That is if you want to be honest. If not, claim that you sent a money order and he never sent the items. Who do you think will be believed?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:41 pm 

Oh, I've got no intention of paying him after reading this thread and seeing the recent negatives. But "Seller is a wanker and has some recent negative feedback." doesn't strike me as a reason that eBay will listen to when I explain <i>why</I> I haven't paid ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:04 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Oh, I've got no intention of paying him after reading this thread and seeing the recent negatives. But "Seller is a wanker and has some recent negative feedback." doesn't strike me as a reason that eBay will listen to when I explain <i>why</I> I haven't paid ;)

You can file a "non-performing seller" report, and eBay can legitimately cancel the sale.  The auction states he accepts Paypal, and if he can no longer accept Paypal, that's a valid enough reason.  That's what I'll be doing if I don't hear from him shortly.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:23 pm 

Ahah! Good suggestion. I emailed him a few days ago saying that I tried to pay him and got the "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." message, but didn't hear back from him.

At the time, I thought it was just a technical error on the part of PP... whew :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:15 pm 

Seems like he may have his hands full with more pressing matters than worrying about leaving negs for NPB anyway.  Hope it all works out for ya.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:55 pm 

In the short term, it is more profitable for eBay to ignore the "jonb" types ripping off people since eBay still will make money off the sales, but in the long run they are shooting themselves in the foot by angering buyers who may sour on the whole eBay auction experience and stop bidding altogether (it is just a hobby for many people and there are plenty of other places to spend one's money).  According to recent articles in the WSJ and NYT, eBay is down on the total number of bids and up in the number of unsold items from one year ago.  A business that is unresponsive to customers with legitimate gripes will eventually lose customers and hence revenue.  With less bidders, more and more sellers will look to other avenues to sell their wares.  According to an article in this week's WSJ, many sellers of books and DVDs are fleeing to Amazon.com where their items sell faster and at a higher price.  The article said Amazon.com had a "higher economic class" of customer, while eBay had the bottom feeders.  In addition, it stated that eBay had too many seller and not enough buyers.  Other sellers are going back to their own websites and using text advertising with Google and others to drive traffic to their site where they don't have to pay eBay fees.  eBay has pretty much a monopoly on online auctions, but dissatisfied big-time sellers know there are other outlets out there to sell that are potentially more profitable.  

As for a retaliatory negative from jonb, just respond to the feedback with his name and eBay will evidently remove all feedback from the transaction as per their policy.  Strange, but it seems to work.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:00 pm 

dathon wrote:A business that is unresponsive to customers with legitimate gripes will eventually lose customers and hence revenue.

Indeed. I think PP is going to take a beating over GoogleWallet, if they provide solid service. Personally, I'm pretty tired of PP's problems, the worst for me being that I quite often can't pay sellers through Checkout.

As for a retaliatory negative from jonb, just respond to the feedback with his name and eBay will evidently remove all feedback from the transaction as per their policy. Strange, but it seems to work.

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind for sure. I feel guilty about not paying, even though I know the guy is scum.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 64123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 626364