ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 64123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:24 am 

Mortdred wrote:
rosenkav wrote:Hey, I have an idea to improve his shipping and handling.

We could suggest our friend Jon to get some help from a packer. I'd suggest him Tonya - so he could help her pay her college tuition fees.

And all's well what ends well!

:wink:

Tonya?? Why her? Is there something I should know about Tonya & Mark (assuming you mean the Tonya over in Michigan)? I've been buying from those two with no troubles...

Tonya?! oh i have a nice lil tidbit from her. i was going to bid on an item that was $1.99, so being a little smarter this time, i sent a msg to ask how much the shipping would be to the UK....*drum roll*..... lo and behold.... $23 !  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

needless to say, i didnt bid - i didnt want the item THAT much....

and now you know why i dont bid on her stuff anymore. what a rip man!  :?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:28 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
pleveich wrote:
ROTFLMAO!! Al, If you ARE EVER near Indiana I want to have a few drinks with you. :lol:

Pleveich

heheh :)

well not wishing to clog this thread up with it, but Amanda went to see the consultant about her cancer yesterday and what was going to happen etc....apparently its like 10 times a worse scenario than we were both expecting *sigh*, so when thats all over, i do plan to get her away and do a little look-see-ing over in the US as she aint never been there, so i do plan to go over, so in about a year, i plan to go and see a little of the US, so some of my chummers over there are going to get a visit ;) (god help you :D )

Al

If/when you get to Texas, give us a ring....I'll introduce you to Shiner Bock, the only Texas beer worth a damn, and you can bring a suitcase full of ST1's for show and tell.... :D

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:32 am 

Mortdred wrote:
rosenkav wrote:Hey, I have an idea to improve his shipping and handling.

We could suggest our friend Jon to get some help from a packer. I'd suggest him Tonya - so he could help her pay her college tuition fees.

And all's well what ends well!

:wink:

Tonya?? Why her? Is there something I should know about Tonya & Mark (assuming you mean the Tonya over in Michigan)? I've been buying from those two with no troubles...

Well, it's not a Jonb situation, but we give her a hard time because the shipping is ungodly, and the more you buy the more you have a good chance of paying a disproportionate amount of shipping, because as explained by Tonya she has to pay off a packer and a lister for a buck a package and a buck a listing, which makes guys like me wonder how a starving college gal can afford her own staff when after 7 years I'm still going it alone with occasional help that bascially "works for food and rent" instead of a buck an item...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:33 am 

Badmike wrote:
If/when you get to Texas, give us a ring....I'll introduce you to Shiner Bock, the only Texas beer worth a damn, and you can bring a suitcase full of ST1's for show and tell.... :D

Mike B.

Well Texas will definately be a place we will go to, cos a good biz contact of mine lives there (fencert off ebay), so i will be going to see him and his wife, and would love to drop over while i am there Mike....maybe nearer the time, we could arrange to get the other guys together and meet up n stuff.... that would be seriously cool !

thx for the offer :)

Al

ps. funnily enough, i do know through a friend, of someone who is actually sitting on FIFTEEN ST1's  8O  8O They choose to remain anonymous, so i can't tell - only that if he/she ever falls into financial plight, they will sell them off 1 by 1 to balance the books......tsk, tsk.....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Well Texas will definately be a place we will go to, cos a good biz contact of mine lives there (fencert off ebay), so i will be going to see him and his wife, and would love to drop over while i am there Mike....maybe nearer the time, we could arrange to get the other guys together and meet up n stuff.... that would be seriously cool !

thx for the offer :)

Al

ps. funnily enough, i do know through a friend, of someone who is actually sitting on FIFTEEN ST1's 8O 8O They choose to remain anonymous, so i can't tell - only that if he/she ever falls into financial plight, they will sell them off 1 by 1 to balance the books......tsk, tsk.....

Al

Cool, I live across town from Fencert (Aneoth has been to meet him once or twice I believe to pick up some JG goodies) so you'll be in the Dallas area.  Definitely keep us posted, you'll be real close to King of Pain, Aneoth and me....a pickup game of 1st edition may break out, you never know.
  And as for the guy sitting on 15 ST1's....he's a better man than I am.  I don't know how I could sleep at night sitting on such a bounty.

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:07 am 

Badmike wrote:

Well, it's not a Jonb situation, but we give her a hard time because the shipping is ungodly, and the more you buy the more you have a good chance of paying a disproportionate amount of shipping, because as explained by Tonya she has to pay off a packer and a lister for a buck a package and a buck a listing, which makes guys like me wonder how a starving college gal can afford her own staff when after 7 years I'm still going it alone with occasional help that bascially "works for food and rent" instead of a buck an item...

Mike B.

exactly, there have been a couple of auctions I have wanted to bid on, but the costs... $4.65 for delivery of 1 item inside the usa media mail then 1/2 of all other postage costs for aditional items, I believe that she would get more bidders if she had a fairer postal charge, it looks like she wants to make $$ through the back door so she doesn't have to pay good old fees and charges to ebay... may 2 cents worth...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:34 am 

killjoy32 wrote:ps. funnily enough, i do know through a friend, of someone who is actually sitting on FIFTEEN ST1's 8O 8O They choose to remain anonymous, so i can't tell - only that if he/she ever falls into financial plight, they will sell them off 1 by 1 to balance the books......tsk, tsk.....

*lol* :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:21 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:ps. funnily enough, i do know through a friend, of someone who is actually sitting on FIFTEEN ST1's 8O 8O They choose to remain anonymous, so i can't tell - only that if he/she ever falls into financial plight, they will sell them off 1 by 1 to balance the books......tsk, tsk.....

*lol* :D

oh believe me i have asked if they fancied offloading some onto me... for a reasonable BIN :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:31 am 

Badmike wrote:
Cool, I live across town from Fencert (Aneoth has been to meet him once or twice I believe to pick up some JG goodies) so you'll be in the Dallas area. Definitely keep us posted, you'll be real close to King of Pain, Aneoth and me....a pickup game of 1st edition may break out, you never know.
 And as for the guy sitting on 15 ST1's....he's a better man than I am. I don't know how I could sleep at night sitting on such a bounty.

Mike B.

oh excellent! that would be superb! We actually play 1st Ed anyways, i won't play any other, so that would be excellent!! could be a definite plan to stay around there for a few days at least then! I think Amanda would enjoy that immensely too and it would also be fab if we could meet up with some of the peeps off here too and i really would like to meet Aneoth anyway..... *scribbles a note to mention to Amanda later*

Alan

ps. i hope to make a trip to Florida too, to hopefully go to see "the house that IO built" :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:33 am 

FWIW, there are two separate guys who answer the phone and pretend to be Jon Bassett, both these guys have the same name, and they both fantasize about being Marines. Hense the motto on their auctions.

They even sent me a picture 'this is me'. I feel sorry for the guy who's had his photo nicked.

So what I see is a couple of guys in a friend's bedroom with an internet connection and a plan to rip off buyer's, both fantasizing about some romantic notion of code and honour, and j*ck off to pictures of young soldiers on the internet.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:FWIW, there are two separate guys who answer the phone and pretend to be Jon Bassett, both these guys have the same name, and they both fantasize about being Marines. Hense the motto on their auctions.

They even sent me a picture 'this is me'. I feel sorry for the guy who's had his photo nicked.

So what I see is a couple of guys in a friend's bedroom with an internet connection and a plan to rip off buyer's, both fantasizing about some romantic notion of code and honour, and j*ck off to pictures of young soldiers on the internet.

Well, this story takes an intriguing turn.  Perhaps Jon's brother IS dead, killed off by either Jon himself or Jason, who were having a torrid affair, because the brother (original owner of ETC and Game Emporium) discovered them handling up on each other while surfing the net checking out pictures of marines.  I don't know who did the actual deed, Jon or Jason, but obviously both have sworn silence and are cohabitating (as witnessed by the different people you've called all saying they are "Jon").  I wonder how the brother's wife, was her name Susan, fits in though.  We havn't heard from her, so I fear the worst, perhaps she's inhabiting the same shallow grave as the Game Emporium owner ; and Jon and Jason, the loving couple, continue to sell off their ill-gained booty.  OH, what a tangled web we weave....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:57 am 

Badmike wrote:Well, this story takes an intriguing turn. Perhaps Jon's brother IS dead, killed off by either Jon himself or Jason, who were having a torrid affair, because the brother (original owner of ETC and Game Emporium) discovered them handling up on each other while surfing the net checking out pictures of marines. I don't know who did the actual deed, Jon or Jason, but obviously both have sworn silence and are cohabitating (as witnessed by the different people you've called all saying they are "Jon"). I wonder how the brother's wife, was her name Susan, fits in though. We havn't heard from her, so I fear the worst, perhaps she's inhabiting the same shallow grave as the Game Emporium owner ; and Jon and Jason, the loving couple, continue to sell off their ill-gained booty. OH, what a tangled web we weave....

Mike B.

Well i hear he uses that new magic item: Orb of total bull-shitting ..... i think he is so convinced of his own story, that he's the only one who believes in it - and can't see out of his own bubble, that everyone else out there can see through it like a piece of wet toilet paper.

man he smells of shit soooo bad, i can smell it from here.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:20 pm 

eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

Yet another neg.  This one because the buyer hasnt received the item
also in 7 WEEKS, and yet another retaliatory negative feedback. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:   I guess sfter 7 weeks of non-reciept of items, negative feedback is still not justified in jon's mind.  :roll:  What a f*ckin idiot.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

Yet another neg. This one because the buyer hasnt received the item
also in 7 WEEKS, and yet another retaliatory negative feedback. :evil: :evil: :evil:  I guess sfter 7 weeks of non-reciept of items, negative feedback is still not justified in jon's mind. :roll: What a f*ckin idiot.

We've all seen this before and we know what's going to happen. It's a shame eBay allows this thief to (ab)use their platform. Of course, it's all about the money. Too bad there is no competition for eBay.

The good thing is, that this thread obviously worked. Only very few Acaeum members bought from that thief, the majority stayed away.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:24 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:The good thing is, that this thread obviously worked. Only very few Acaeum members bought from that thief, the majority stayed away.

i agree with Ralf - thankfully most of us here havent been lured in and suffered for it.

that said though, i have a comment about his inability to ship things. quite a few times, he has moaned about being totally overwhelmed with stuff and not being able to stay on top of things. well tbh, he's just talking utter shite there. i don;t ever rate myself in the selling range of badmike or the coug etc, but i sell a fair few things, as well as holding down a full time job, looking after my kids when they are here and having a life too....

now frankly, if i can keep up with things, i am pretty damn sure he can, so if he is using that as an excuse - its a pretty bad one, cos its not like he has sold THAT many things.

personally, i think it really is just a blatant excuse and he had no intention of shipping them in the first place - as ralf said, just abusing the platform and taking money from unsuspecting buyers.

the sooner everyone wises up to the guy, the better.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:23 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Ralf Toth wrote:The good thing is, that this thread obviously worked. Only very few Acaeum members bought from that thief, the majority stayed away.

It may interest many here to know that his account is currently frozen, and has been that way for at least 24 hours...

I recently threw in a lowball bid an auction and won.  But don't fret, folks, as it appears I can't pay him despite my best efforts to do so.  :roll:
Paypal wrote:"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

If the situation changes, I'll keep you informed.  (I've already sent him email stating that if I don't at least hear from him, I'll be forced to file a non-performing seller report.)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:17 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

i agree with Ralf - thankfully most of us here havent been lured in and suffered for it.

that said though, i have a comment about his inability to ship things. quite a few times, he has moaned about being totally overwhelmed with stuff and not being able to stay on top of things. well tbh, he's just talking utter shite there. i don;t ever rate myself in the selling range of badmike or the coug etc, but i sell a fair few things, as well as holding down a full time job, looking after my kids when they are here and having a life too....

now frankly, if i can keep up with things, i am pretty damn sure he can, so if he is using that as an excuse - its a pretty bad one, cos its not like he has sold THAT many things.

personally, i think it really is just a blatant excuse and he had no intention of shipping them in the first place - as ralf said, just abusing the platform and taking money from unsuspecting buyers.

Al

I'm not always the fastest shipper, I've managed to get items out the next day, but I've had times when it took 10-14 days or so to ship out...not proud of it, but it's happened.  But 4-7 weeks, that's just mind boggling.  Lookat guys like Guido, he has something like 100 sales a week and manages to not get neg feedback for late shipping, whatever the excuses they are bollocks as my UK friends would say....
  Wow, it's amazing how quickly it's falling apart this, the third time for this moron.  He managed over 3000 feedback as the Eastern Treasure Chest, over 1500 as the Game Emporium, and now not even 300 as Jonb before the roof is falling in.

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:40 am 

and a lot of those are as a buyer not a seller...

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 64123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 626364