ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:What is it with this guy anyway? How has he gotten such a bad reputation?

Stephen, the answer to yuor questions lie right in these 2 links:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... e_emporium
feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... hest%21%21

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Holy shit, excuse me while I wipe the coffee off my monitor.

Somebody needs a bitch slap.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:32 pm 

I'm sure we could arrange that....

Who lives in VA?

we have a job for ya...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:What is it with this guy anyway? How has he gotten such a bad reputation?

Thanks for the link BC, I couldn't find mine. The thing that you need to know, though, since you can't pull up the sales anymore, is that the format he used before is EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERY RESPECT as the one he is using now, down to the wordage used to describe the items.  It's the same guy, no doubt, the story sounds like bullshit anyway.  Let's not get anyone burned a third time from this thief.
  BTW, asking a seller questions....lots of questions.....might be a nice time waster as long as they are legitimate questions about the items.....like what color it is, etc.

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:00 pm 

Badmike wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Thanks for the link BC, I couldn't find mine. The thing that you need to know, though, since you can't pull up the sales anymore, is that the format he used before is EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERY RESPECT as the one he is using now, down to the wordage used to describe the items. It's the same guy, no doubt, the story sounds like bullshit anyway. Let's not get anyone burned a third time from this thief.
 BTW, asking a seller questions....lots of questions.....might be a nice time waster as long as they are legitimate questions about the items.....like what color it is, etc.

Mike B.

So in other words, this guy is selling things he's already sold to some other poor souls but never delivered?  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:29 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:" I received two storage buildings full of D&D from my brother who was in a fatal accident in Nov. I didn't know what to to with it. So I got online checking things out, and a local dealer is helping me with any questions or problems I might have. I have no intentions on getting over anyone, just trying to make some money.

Sincerely,
Jon A. Bassett
"

what do y'all think?

i still smell a rat...

Well here is a quote, from one of the other threads "the Game Emporium Strikes Back!":

MrFlibble wrote:Having waited over three months for my stuff from TGE, I tried phoning him and got some odd guy who said he was his brother. Anyone else here had any experience of ringing him directly? Am I being mucked about or was that really his brother?

I wonder if the brother that MrFibble talked to, is the brother who died, or if this is the brother and James Corvin is the one who died. :roll:  Gee, I wonder if Jason or Sara also will be maiking an apprearance in these auctions as well. :wink: Christ.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:" I received two storage buildings full of D&D from my brother who was in a fatal accident in Nov. I didn't know what to to with it. So I got online checking things out, and a local dealer is helping me with any questions or problems I might have. I have no intentions on getting over anyone, just trying to make some money.

Sincerely,
Jon A. Bassett
"

what do y'all think?

i still smell a rat...

Well here is a quote, from one of the other threads "the Game Emporium Strikes Back!":

MrFlibble wrote:Having waited over three months for my stuff from TGE, I tried phoning him and got some odd guy who said he was his brother. Anyone else here had any experience of ringing him directly? Am I being mucked about or was that really his brother?

I wonder if the brother that MrFibble talked to, is the brother who died, or if this is the brother and James Corvin is the one who died. :roll: Gee, I wonder if Jason or Sara also will be maiking an apprearance in these auctions as well. :wink: Christ. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Nah, it prob'ly was his brother.  Just got offed for being "odd" to paying customers.  :lol:

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:07 pm 

Badmike wrote:Thanks BC....his acaeum name was thegamemporium. He needs to be banned if he hasn't been already, he has been proven a thief, no speculation. Check out his last 200 or so negs.

While I'd agree that the guy has a lot of explaining to do, he won't be banned here unless he truly crosses the line into being an idiot (my own private definition).  He's still free to come here and defend himself, regardless of the crimes he's accused of.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:13 pm 

I didn't see it posted, the zip for Dublin, Va is 24084

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:35 pm 

I'm SURE there is NO WAY it can BE the SAME guy. HOW could you guys THINK that? Just because they live in the SAME state and use the EXACT SAME listing style? Come ON now.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:58 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Hi. I'd be interested in buying from you, however, the reputation of The Games Emporium and The Eastern Treasure Chest are well known. Would you be willing to accept payment in escrow, as I see neither PayPal nor eBay are willing to offer any buyer protection for you?

I've asked the question. Let's see if he denies it.

Mbassoc, any respose to your question yet?  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:09 pm 

Perhaps a solution to this problem lay within this Acaeum thread.  Fraud is fraud after all.....

Fraudulent Second Chance offers reported

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:10 pm 

*watches*

bclarkie wrote:Hey All, Maybe its me, but doesn't this sellers auctions look very very familiar:
eBay listings

thx for the "heads up" and follow-up investigations from the board.
Y'all are way-ahead of my on this (but then, I was fortunate enough not to get stung by TGE and wouldn't remember their auction layouts or PM style).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:39 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:
Badmike wrote:Thanks BC....his acaeum name was thegamemporium. He needs to be banned if he hasn't been already, he has been proven a thief, no speculation. Check out his last 200 or so negs.

While I'd agree that the guy has a lot of explaining to do, he won't be banned here unless he truly crosses the line into being an idiot (my own private definition). He's still free to come here and defend himself, regardless of the crimes he's accused of.

Foul

Foul;

Either he's a living documented thief or he's dead and probably doesn't need the name anymore.  If he's alive, he's defrauded dozens and dozens of people, including other Acaeum members, and it's well documented in his Ebay feedback and on these boards.  If he's not alive (as the present seller seems to be saying, as Game Emporium was his "brother" and he died and left him all his D&D stuff), then why keep his membership open, he's passed away and no longer needs it.  It would be a neat trick for him to come here and defend himself since he apparantly has gone to the great beyond!  But I doubt we'll see him anyway even if still alive unless he's a fan of dogpiles, we'll be on him like white on rice.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:16 pm 

Here is a little further info on this guy, in case anyone is not yet convinced that its the same guy. Badmike mentioned earlier, that because the auctions were too old you couldn't see his listing styles. This of course was absolutely correct, however both of these sellers About Me Pages still remain on EBay. Here they are:

the_eastern_treasure_chest's
2001User ID Not Found!

Now the_game_emporium's:
2006Input Error

Now here is a couple of the NEW seller jonb7839's auctions for comparison:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

When you compare the 2 about me pages versus the auction listings it becomes pretty obvious that it is the same guys listings, just by using those contexts all by themselves. Then, when you look at where all 3 sellers are located in Virginia within about a 10 mile radius of one another, it is pretty much 100% that this is without a doubt the same guy. :evil: :evil: :evil:

For those of you who have a keen sense of irony, looking at the_eastern_treasure_chest(who was the first incarnation of this A$$ Hole) Ebay about me page, he actually has links to both the Acaeum and Afterglow Non-Tsr Page. Pretty ironic huh?! :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:47 am 

well there are a few bidders now on his items  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:01 am 

Wow, yeah. All of those sellers have a very similar typing style consisting of many double exclamation points and oddly spaced smilies. I'd say that's a giveaway. !! and : ) ...know what I mean?

Reply by the_game_emporium: Thanks, Scott!! Just got back from College this Morning!! : ) Clearing out the.

jonb7839's auctions: I have TONS of Hard to Find and now Out of Print Roleplaying Games!! I'm Happy to COMBINE auctions for you if you happen to win more than one of my Auctions. : )

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:51 am 

Funny also when you look at the feedback given by the_game_emporium, that all "3" people that are supposedly working the auctions, James, Jason, and Sarah,all type in the exact same manor with the !!! and the CAPS, and the : ). :roll: I also can't figure out that after each of the 200+ negs that they received this last time around, that how it was treated like such as surprise that someome just neg'd them. :? Like you would think, even if they were truely just stupid, that maybe after the first 100 negs that at least it would not be a surprise anymore.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:38 am 

Perhaps he needs a shill hit.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext