ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 20 of 64123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 626364
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:27 am 

Family + Work = burndt out  :)

Will be back involved slowly  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:40 pm 

OK. Hands up anyone who hasn't received something from Jonb. My Ruby Dragon has not appeared.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:54 pm 

8O You bought the ruby dragon.... ?

If it's good, make a pdf so I can have fun with my gaming group too  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:48 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:OK. Hands up anyone who hasn't received something from Jonb. My Ruby Dragon has not appeared.

Ian, when did you pay?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:50 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:OK. Hands up anyone who hasn't received something from Jonb. My Ruby Dragon has not appeared.

Wow, did ETC/GE/JB jump straight from Stage Two to Final Stage? If so my hat's off to the crook. He even threw me a curve then...I thought he carry the scam out a few more months at least...
  Still no auctions listed for Jonb....Day Three....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:12 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Ian, when did you pay?

April 3rd.

I feel sorry for the guy who bought Kobald Hall and Beastmaker Mountain.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:14 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote: I feel sorry for the guy who bought Kobald Hall and Beastmaker Mountain.

Yeah, so do I.  Things don't look too good for him...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:21 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Yeah, so do I. Things don't look too good for him...

Apparently he paid. I thought hugh_gee_rection was just gonna leave negative feedback, but I hear he was just a newbie who paid up. I thought it may have been someone from here having a go, but it looks legit.  :?:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:47 pm 

My concern at this point is that he's already changed identities.  Has anybody searched for familiar phrasing or by location to see if he has yet another alias?

Lloyd Brown

Just some guy

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

April 3rd.

:(

The red cover Tegel (n.b. his only copy) I paid for on April 16th arrived early last week.

=
(Was trashed by the postal delivery people who decided yet again to fold a "book" with multiple layers of card through my letterbox despite the warning notes I'd stuck on the outside and previous formal complaints. :roll:. But that's by-the-by...).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:04 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

April 3rd.

Far be it from me to be a defender. . . but didn't this auction end on May 1st?  Do you mean May 3rd on payment?  If so, that's not overly long for international shipping . . . at least not yet . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:38 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Far be it from me to be a defender. . . but didn't this auction end on May 1st? Do you mean May 3rd on payment? If so, that's not overly long for international shipping . . . at least not yet . . .

My mistake. May 3rd. I phoned him anyhow. He says he's swampped with everything coming off eBay and will ship it out soon. :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:46 pm 

Unfriggingreal. You mean he hasn't even shipped it yet?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:26 pm 

You know, I was going to go off on a long diatribe about the most recent ever exciting events concerning our good friend jonb, but I am not going to waste my time. I just for the life of me cannot figure out why anyone in their right mind would buy something from this guy. The worst part to me isn't the fact that people are risking thier own hard earned money on his auctions, the worst part to me is total lack of respect that it takes for the people that have been ripped off before by this F*cking Piece of Sh*t criminal. Seriously, there are some good people on this board who this F*cking guy has already stolen money from before(AT LEAST 2 that I know of Killjoy and Ralf Toth) and I just can't think of even 1 halfway decent excuse for buying from this guy, knowing that EVERYONE already knows what he really is. Without saying, "Well, he has some nice rare stuff..." because that is a F*cking Bull Sh*t reason, because LOTS of sellers have some nice rare stuff.  Can anyone here give a good reason for buying something from this guy?

I know that I am being harsh and I am probably not making any new friends with this post, but this is how I truly feel.............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:46 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Can anyone here give a good reason for buying something from this guy?

Per previous post; ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too! • Page 11 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

(The Tegel cost me $120+ in that context, but I thought I might as well get something back... and give him another chance to hang himself; which he declined).

==

Has anyone had a word with eBay to suggest that since they removed the "warning" feedback without querying why it was placed, they might also be seen to be complicit should anything go wrong (again) big-time?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:You know, I was going to go off on a long diatribe about the most recent ever exciting events concerning our good friend jonb, but I am not going to waste my time. I just for the life of me cannot figure out why anyone in their right mind would buy something from this guy. The worst part to me isn't the fact that people are risking thier own hard earned money on his auctions, the worst part to me is total lack of respect that it takes for the people that have been ripped off before by this F*cking Piece of Sh*t criminal. Seriously, there are some good people on this board who this F*cking guy has already stolen money from before(AT LEAST 2 that I know of Killjoy and Ralf Toth) and I just can't think of even 1 halfway decent excuse for buying from this guy, knowing that EVERYONE already knows what he really is. Without saying, "Well, he has some nice rare stuff..." because that is a F*cking Bull Sh*t reason, because LOTS of sellers have some nice rare stuff. Can anyone here give a good reason for buying something from this guy?

I know that I am being harsh and I am probably not making any new friends with this post, but this is how I truly feel.............

I'm kind of with BC on this.  After everything that has been revealed about this piece of S, why anyone would send money to him is frustrating to say the least.  He not only is a thief but makes it just that much harder for legitimate retailers to do business online without suspicion being directed towards us.  Does ETC/GE/JonB truly ever have anything so unique, so spectacular, at such incredible prices, that doing business with him is the only way to EVER get that item?  I haven't seen any ST1s, Orange B3s, Woodgrain box sets, original manuscripts, etc, pass through his hands.
    Have we truly evolved so much into a "Me Me Me" society and need instant gratification so much that even when we KNOW that at some point this stuff will be offered again by some other, more reputable dealer, we will hold our nose, look the other way, and make a bid anyway just to have it RIGHT NOW?
     Unlike BC though I guess I take a more pragmatic view, maybe he's got a more idealistic streak than I do.  Deep down I realize that a lot of people don't mind living on the edge, it's the same impulse that leads us to unprotected sex with some bimbo you just met or not going to the doctor for a checkup for eight years, the same reason people still smoke, or still gamble for hours on end when oddsmakers have shown that the more and longer you bet the less you will win until after several hours the house's percentage goes up astronomically, the "It can't happen to me!" syndrome, and I guess when Jonb disappears (as he may have done now) they'll just chalk it up to experience or whatever.  I feel that the best I can do is simply time and again warn people and if even 2-3 individuals don't bid on his auctions as a result of this I call that a small victory. But I don't disagree with BC, I just think we are all grownups here and if someone wants to flush their money down the toilet so be it, I'm not going to judge anyone although I admit to being mightily puzzled by self destructive behavior such as this.

BTW, another day of no posts for Jon B....is that four now?

Mike

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:00 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Can anyone here give a good reason for buying something from this guy?

Per previous post; ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too! • Page 11 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

(The Tegel cost me $120+ in that context, but I thought I might as well get something back... and give him another chance to hang himself; which he declined).

I am not sure if I understand your meaning D, are you saying that you wanted jonb to rip you off so that you could try and get him kicked off Ebay?

================================

Aside, my main point of my previous post was the fact that, hell I have no problem with people gambling with their own money however they see fit to do it, but how do you justify your actions to the good people that this POS has stolen from before?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am not sure if I understand your meaning D, are you saying that you wanted jonb to rip you off so that you could try and get him kicked off Ebay?

Like I said, was waiting for all of you who were sure as to his identity to "do something about it" as stated on the forum.
ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too!
That was clearly not happening so I put my neck on the line for a bit to see whether he would go to form.
(I didn't get bit first time around- more than ample warning signs, back then- so only seemed fair; and was giving away those first two items, anyhow).

Do I need to "justify my actions" any more than that? :?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 20 of 64123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 626364