ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 18 of 64123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 626364
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:49 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:This is pretty cool stuff. By when should we expect the realtime web-based version to be released? :D

Yeah, we could set it up so that jonb can feed the data into as soon as as they come in!  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:26 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:[ Image ]

Wait.... I see Ursa Minor... and maybe Cassiopia?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:39 pm 

I saw a naked blonde.....

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:50 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I saw a naked blonde.....

Yes, I can just make her out, starting at bottom left and working your way upwards moving counter-clockwise, if you know what I mean...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:26 pm 

Speaking of which, anyone know where the line in my signature comes from?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:57 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Speaking of which, anyone know where the line in my signature comes from?

It reminds me of something from Robert Asprin's Phule's Company series.  What do I win?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:16 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 59275&rd=1

Just goes to show you that if you F*CKING lie in your description, bidders will bid. THIS IS NOT AN AD&D MODULE. I SOLD CN1 in shrink just last Sunday for less than $2.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

The difference is, I didn't LIE in my description. Maybe I am just doing this all wrong. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, this has pissed me off enough that I have now queried:
Dear jonb7839,

Why is this module described as being for AD&D when it really is not? Why is this item listed as RARE, when it really isn't either? Why do all of your descriptions say RARE when 99% of your items are not? I am very interested in hearing your answer.

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below. You'll have the option to display your response directly on the listing.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

5191859275 TSR'S CN2 ~ CONAN THE MERCENARY ~ SEALED ADVENTURE!! May-06-05

Thank you,
bclarkie

Gee, I wonder what his response will be? :roll:

======================================
Deadlord36 wrote:Speaking of which, anyone know where the line in my signature comes from?

As a side note, isn't this from Son of the Beach?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
pleveich wrote:I just sold this very module to him a week or two ago. If someone buys it at that price I want a cut 8)

The first time this one sold...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5184607556

Well, I'd pay $8 for it. I didn't see it the first time round.

Thanks for making me feel better. I hope my wife doesn't ever read that! Oh well, for what it's worth I will be selling more good ole D&D stuff again this weekend. Sadly though, no Question of Gravity.

pleveich

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 59275&rd=1

Just goes to show you that if you F*CKING lie in your description, bidders will bid. THIS IS NOT AN AD&D MODULE. I SOLD CN1 in shrink just last Sunday for less than $2.00.

The difference is, I didn't LIE in my description. Maybe I am just doing this all wrong. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, this has pissed me off enough that I have now queried:
Dear jonb7839,

Why is this module described as being for AD&D when it really is not? Why is this item listed as RARE, when it really isn't either? Why do all of your descriptions say RARE when 99% of your items are not? I am very interested in hearing your answer.

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below. You'll have the option to display your response directly on the listing.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

5191859275 TSR'S CN2 ~ CONAN THE MERCENARY ~ SEALED ADVENTURE!! May-06-05

Thank you,
bclarkie

Gee, I wonder what his response will be? :roll:

======================================

As a side note, isn't this from Son of the Beach?

Cheer up, at least it wasn't YOUR copy he bought and resold for a fortune :roll:  Sorry that was not meant to be mean. I feel your frustration. I put a good Deities w/Cthulu up a few weeks ago and it sold for around $20 :(  I sincerely hope I do not see it resold for $50.

pleveich

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:46 am 

Bclarkie, and what struck me as even stranger is that your winning bidder was willing to put 15$ on the table for CN2....compared with the 1.80$ he needed to pay you.

Who to blame, who to blame...The lying seller or the stupid buyer....who to blame....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:59 am 

The thing that pisses me off isn't the final sale price, its that fact that he flat out lied in his auction description to get it to sell for that price.  Back in 1999 when I was a newbie  :roll: , I got burned on the same module (CN2) not knowing that it was not an AD&D/D&D module.  I must say I didn't pay anywhere close to that final amount, but it is the point of the misleading description, that really p*ssed me off. At this point if anyone is still yet completely unconvinced as to why you should NOT buy from jonb, then this auction in itself should convince you.  If all the AMAZING coincidences pointed out earlier in this thread wasn't enough, and if the fact that his email to killjoy about his poor dead brother and his 2 warehouses of stock that he is just trying to rid himself of that was clearly an out and out lie, the this auction is Clear Cut Proof of what this guy really is. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:21 am 

bclarkie wrote:The thing that pisses me off isn't the final sale price, its that fact that he flat out lied in his auction description to get it to sell for that price. Back in 1999 when I was a newbie :roll: , I got burned on the same module (CN2) not knowing that it was not an AD&D/D&D module. I must say I didn't pay anywhere close to that final amount, but it is the point of the misleading description, that really p*ssed me off. At this point if anyone is still yet completely unconvinced as to why you should NOT buy from jonb, then this auction in itself should convince you. If all the AMAZING coincidences pointed out earlier in this thread wasn't enough, and if the fact that his email to killjoy about his poor dead brother and his 2 warehouses of stock that he is just trying to rid himself of that was clearly an out and out lie, the this auction is Clear Cut Proof of what this guy really is. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Who knows, maybe there's a chance the winning bidder knows it's not AD&D...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 59275&rd=1

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:10 pm 

Everybody on this forum is quite aware what a pen!shead jonb (a.k.a. E.T.C and all his other names) is. We have 17 pages of posts with proof concerning that. That doesn't mean there isn't alot of newbie idiots out there who don't get good info. It's not like there isn't a shred of CN2-info on the web...anywhere...
eBay doesn't do shit, the law won't do shit and there isn't anything you or me can change about that. The only way for people like us to stop people like that involves a long and personal conversation to convince them to stop doing these things.
As that's not always an option, we'll just have to settle with enlighten potential buyers that this guy's a crook. Sorry for being a realist with an unhappy message but I'd rather see you walking around happy and aware of these people then totally frustrated by types like jonb and cohorts.

So lighten up and be happy with the fact that you know he's a crook and you have the dollars in your pocket. I am :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:02 pm 

fluffmaister wrote:Everybody on this forum is quite aware what a pen!shead jonb (a.k.a. E.T.C and all his other names) is. We have 17 pages of posts with proof concerning that. That doesn't mean there isn't alot of newbie idiots out there who don't get good info. It's not like there isn't a shred of CN2-info on the web...anywhere...

Sure, but I have a feeling that particular newbie idiot does have good info.  Just a hunch.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:18 pm 

Right on the knob, bclarkie! Best comedy series ever, Son of the Beach.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:The thing that pisses me off isn't the final sale price, its that fact that he flat out lied in his auction description to get it to sell for that price.

Maybe I'm feeling contrary today, but I gotta say that I place a lot of blame on the bidders in these sorts of situations. With a venue such as eBay, just because a seller says something, it doesn't make it true — caveat emptor is clearly part of eBay's structure.

Or, put another way: why are so many bidders so damn lazy? D&D collectors should be saying "Hmmm ... I don't remember CN2 being an AD&D module" and then confirming that information with 30 seconds' worth of research before throwing money at it. Non-collectors really have no excuses, either: if you're going to take everything that all eBay sellers say as gospel, you're eventually going to end up owning some nice swampland in Florida.

Overall, I find it hard to get that mad at jon-b in this particular situation: sure, he's a known thief and liar — that's not in dispute — but he's not making these bucketheads bid (it's not even that good of a description, frankly). I have zero sympathy for bidders' laziness or helplessness.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:31 pm 

I am most definitely not the most forgiving soul in this world and I do agree that people should be more responsible when they bid, but I just can't find one even semi-good reason that makes placing a flat out lie in your auction description as being anywhere near okay. I can't really see much of difference in saying that this item is a AD&D/D&D module when its really not, as opposed to taking a module that looks like someone ran it through a washer and dryer and then listing it in mint condition in your auction description. This of course is just my opinion. Either way it seems to be moot now, because unless I am completely mistaken, it has already been taken care of..............

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:37 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This of course is just my opinion. Either way it seems to be moot now, because unless I am completely mistaken, it has already been taken care of..............

Right again.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 18 of 64123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 626364