ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 64123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 626364
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:31 pm 

I love this thread. Keep up the good work guys  :D

I love the crook's descriptions......

[/quote]This Lot contains a VINTAGE AD&D 1st Edition Adventure....A1 SLAVE PITS OF THE UNDERCITY!!! 1980 copyright, and it's a VERY collectable FIRST Edition Adventure!  Module is in Good to Very Good Condition!!  Module has some  cover wear, and has tape along the spine for protection! Inside booklet is in great condition!! Just has one small word on the cover page and inner map. Still a good copy of this rare module!! [quote][/quote]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:35 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:I love this thread. Keep up the good work guys :D

I love the crook's descriptions......

This Lot contains a VINTAGE AD&D 1st Edition Adventure....A1 SLAVE PITS OF THE UNDERCITY!!! 1980 copyright, and it's a VERY collectable FIRST Edition Adventure! Module is in Good to Very Good Condition!! Module has some cover wear, and has tape along the spine for protection! Inside booklet is in great condition!! Just has one small word on the cover page and inner map. Still a good copy of this rare module!!
[/quote]

Very good crappy condition of a very un-rare module.  What an A**hole

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:41 pm 

Yeah, I wish all my modules had tape on them for protection.

Whatever I can do to help stomp this guy's fire out... count me in guy's

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:32 pm 

Hi all, just found this site last night, lots of great tips here!  In the past I haven't been much of  TSR collector/seller, just sold them when I got ahold of them with other items.  Lately I've been getting a little more into them.

Anyhow, just reading this thread and I thought the name sounded familiar, this Jonb purchased a couple of "cheapy" 2nd ed sourcebooks from me a couple of weeks ago.   Seemed a nice enough guy, I am always sad to hear about rip-offs on ebay, especially on "my" turf.  I'll def. watch out for auctions by him, thanks for all the great info!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:38 pm 

It is only a matter of time before ETC finds this site as well. Then we will have another Maxine situation.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:48 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:It is only a matter of time before ETC finds this site as well. Then we will have another Maxine situation.

Jonb is already aware of this site/thread.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:19 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote:I love the crook's descriptions......

Very good crappy condition of a very un-rare module. What an A**hole

*meh*
And I just paid $41 for a copy (albeit without the tape) :(

(thx for the "heads up" on that, FilthyIke ( Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 41 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum ); and to Morgansurname on the dice ;))

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:42 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:It is only a matter of time before ETC finds this site as well. Then we will have another Maxine situation.

Jonb is already aware of this site/thread.

How do you know he is aware of it?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:26 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Jonb is already aware of this site/thread.

I e-mailed him when Fez I and Nanorien Stones were up for auction. I asked him if he could take payment in escrow, and pointed out the thread here. That was back when he was a zero rated seller. By all accounts both modules went to David, and I assume everything is fine with them.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:

I e-mailed him when Fez I and Nanorien Stones were up for auction. I asked him if he could take payment in escrow, and pointed out the thread here. That was back when he was a zero rated seller. By all accounts both modules went to David, and I assume everything is fine with them.

Believe me, he has been aware of this site already for years. He posted here when he was the_game_emporium and he had a link to the site on his About me Ebay page when he was the_eastern_treasure_chest!!.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:51 pm 

How did this happen?

eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:07 pm 

fucken ebays is bullshit

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:37 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:How did this happen?

eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

What's going on here?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:24 pm 

The JonB7839 account has definitely been editted by Ebay or illegally hacked, as the members profile has a total of 103 feedbacks but only 99 positive, and 1 neutral comments suggesting, three feedbacks were removed. Also the feedback range from April 5-26th 2005, but his recent rating history show an identical 99 positive and 1 neutral, over a Six and Twelve Months period. Also the member joined March 20th 2005. These particular anomolies would be apparant to experienced Ebay users, who would question the irregularities and act accordingly, but a new member would be attracted with the positive feedback.

In Britain normally issues can be raised to a independent regulator of the industry or market to whom adjudicate or investigate compaints, anomolies, or loopholes in the laws. If Ebay are part of a regulatory body in America, maybe the whole saga could be reported, and investigated. Otherwise more Ebay members will be unscrupulously deceived by this user.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:35 pm 

nemesiz wrote:In Britain normally issues can be raised to a independent regulator of the industry or market to whom adjudicate or investigate compaints, anomolies, or loopholes in the laws. If Ebay are part of a regulatory body in America, maybe the whole saga could be reported, and investigated. Otherwise more Ebay members will be unscrupulously deceived by this user.

well funnily enough i was once given feedback which was an utter lie and totally unjust and when i asked ebay to look into the matter, the reply was pretty much "shove it up your arse, thats how it is", so i kinda just left it really. amazing how ebay can do it when they want to isnt it?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:52 pm 

Well, he's started.  Here comes the beginning of the end.  His first neutral, and just like I said, it's for shipping late. Soon his board will be filled up with excuses having to do with illness, school, family problems, mother in the hospital, computer viruses, etc, until he finally disappears again.  Buyer Beware.

Mike B.

Shipping was the main problem. Item recieved was in great shape.
 Buyer   theoriginalfuzzie ( 4 )   Apr-29-05 04:21  5182955781  

Reply by jonb7839: Sorry about that! Got a little overwhelmed there! : ) Hope you Enjoy it!   Apr-29-05 16:20

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:27 am 

Just as a confirmation, Ebay did in fact delete that feedback. What a crock of sh*t. It is not the first time that I have seen them do it, but the fact that are protecting a known thief makes it that much worse. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I think the feedback giver may have jumped the gun a bit and that is why they removed it. The key is to wait at least a few weeks and then blast him foir theft. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree with BadMike that the end is now starting..................

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:23 pm 

Here is another not so ringing endorsment of the shipping turnaround time of our imfamous friend:

Items better than described. great comminication. A+ packaging. C+ delivery
Buyer mrblonde9mm ( 22) May-03-05 14:32 5184690202

It is all downhill from here folks.......................

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 64123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 626364