ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 64123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 626364
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:32 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Yes, I also noticed that. Very curious behavior for someone just looking to offload all his stuff and be done with it. He has actually bid on a LOT of other stuff as well, its just that he has not won them. Whoever sent him the email about and got the response about his *sob* story of his now deceased brother, ought to email him back and ask him why he is buying other D&D stuff, if he was just trying a simple guy looking to sell off his 2 warehouses of stuff, so why in the hell would he be buying things? :evil:

Because once he has it, he can take photos of the modules and "sell" them over and over again. I swear that's what this f*ck is up to.  :twisted:

I just  blocked him from bidding in anymore of my auctions...I"m going to wait as long as I can before cancelling his bid, let him think he's almost to the promised land......

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:49 am 

this is one thing i noticed about the guys auctions, and something that myself mike and some of the other guys who sell would prb notice too.....

you have "inherited" 2 warehouses of stuff. now you aint gonna know whats in it - so ok you get an inventory list....and you go through it - if youre not a collector or even knowledgable of D&D material - its all gonna look like gobblidook to you.....

so ok he "gets someone with knowledge" to come and help him with all this.

right from the start off...would you seriously sell so many rarities in one foul swoop? i wouldnt and am sure most others wouldnt either. you WOULD build up over s short time and THEN hit ebay with the big stuff, but you would kinda expect some reasonable randomization to be happening - and hitting ebay with a kobold hall module just plain stinks of something going on to me.

i have watched a wave of his auctions going on now and at LEAST 50% of his auctions have been of a more uncommon/rare item than common.

bearing in mind too, this is assuming that the warehouse(s) are well inventoried and the stuff is easy to access. this isnt the case most of the time and you would just take out whatever you could access/reach at the time and work through it - that is how i would have assumed it to be the case?

what do you think?

i wish i had the $275 to BIN the kobold hall. i would then pay for the fastest shipping to here. if it wasnt here within a week, i would certainly book a flight and go and fill the feckers face in.

did someone get the blasted lands mod in the end?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:49 am 

Well dude, you have over 4000 feedbacks, im sure if he wins and you take his money hold it for a while andthen cancel the transaction a negative feedback (of which to a reply you can link the etc thread here), wont do a damn thing to you.]

Well im sure you already know feedback doesnt mean much since tge, etc STILL was able to SELL with 60+ negatives in his RESUME!

Badmike wrote:
bclarkie wrote:BadMike, Look who has outbid me on the RPGA1-4. Well its jonb. 8O :evil:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Can I expect to get a bid cancellation notice in my email? I mean I don't mind the competition, but from anybody but this guy. :evil:

I've been pretending not to notice. But seriously, wouldn't it be funny if he won and then I started sending him excuses that I was sick, or my entire family was sick, or that a computer virus shut down my system, and drag it out for months and months? And then just never sent the items? But I guess that would be crawling down to his level.....
What are the chances if he won the items that they would very soon end up being sold by him?
There's no way he's going to win anyway. If he's still high bidder going into the last day, I'll cancel him. I couldn't conscience doing business with such a fraud and liar. I think he only got in on th ebidding becuase he thinks he can win them and then resell them separately himself, but I have a feeling the final price will be much higher and he'll be way out of the running.

Mike B.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:04 am 

Due to some recent confusion, I have now updated the name of this thread. I think that this should help. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:06 am 

Does this qualify as "mint"?  Looks like one of the coners is smashed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 34049&rd=1

And $70 already.  Man, I'm gonna have to sell one of my opened sets soon.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:06 pm 

You know, I actually bought stuff from this guy and got it, wasn't bad either.  Of course that was before the big ripoffs he di prior to the end of his last incarnation.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:53 pm 

he builds his feedback up then rips ppl off

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:18 pm 

thanks for the info fellas I had no idea at all! i bought from this seller a dark tower in ex+ for $27 and an early print of grehawk suplement I(lizard man logo) in EX condition !$31.00!!! They arrived promptly and just as described -very happy!!!-however-if this guy is a crook-it probably won't be long til he goes back to his cheating ways!!!With this info i don't think i would buy a rare off him-quick side note-he is listing a kobold hall(role aids) he claims is rare with a BIN of LIke $275!!!! Is such a book really worth that? Does anyone out there own one? If so is it a good module or just rare?

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:40 pm 

It is rare, but I don't think it is $275 worth of rare.
Let the negs begin!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:52 pm 

Slay pdfs, I like it.   :lol:

Looks like things are beginning to unravel.

eBay Feedback Profile for jonb7839

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:57 pm 

Sadly I think it is pretty tough to do much against this guy other than get him kicked from ebay! As i understand it(and i am no lawyer) you probably need to be in Virginia to file a claim(lawsuit) against him-these things just can't be done from one state to another-plus its so low $$$ not much would happen cept maybe reimbursement but definitely overall not worth the hassle!!!! sad but i think true :!:  :?:  :!:  :evil:

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:26 pm 

I can see it now, the response:

Welcome back, Eastern Treasure Chest!
Buyer sfdpyals ( -1 ) Apr-23-05 14:41       5188434049
Reply by jonb7839: DANG IT!! This is Jason, Just getting in from the weekend. Give me time to get.. Apr-23-05 19:02

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Or perhaps:

Buyer sfdpyals ( -1 ) Apr-23-05 14:41      5188434049
Reply by jonb7839: Caring for mother and then Personaly being in the HOSPITAL myself?Thats dirty :( Apr-23-05 18:02

=============================================
Looks like I wasn't that far off:

Buyer   sfdpyals ( -2 )   Apr-23-05 14:41  5188434049  
Reply by jonb7839: Ebay has been contacted. This was dirty and unjust. Doesn't even make sense!   Apr-23-05 16:54

:twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I can see it now, the response:

Buyer sfdpyals ( -1 ) Apr-23-05 14:41    5188434049
Reply by jonb7839: DANG IT!! This is Jason, Just getting in from the weekend. Give me time to get.. Apr-23-05 19:02

Or perhaps:

Buyer sfdpyals ( -1 ) Apr-23-05 14:41   5188434049
Reply by jonb7839: Caring for mother and then Personaly being in the HOSPITAL myself?Thats dirty :( Apr-23-05 18:02

=============================================
Looks like I wasn't that far off:

Buyer  sfdpyals ( -2 )  Apr-23-05 14:41 5188434049
Reply by jonb7839: Ebay has been contacted. This was dirty and unjust. Doesn't even make sense!  Apr-23-05 16:54

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Now that's funny.

Other favoriites:

Just got back in Guys! My mother has been terribly sick! Taking care of it!

PLEASE GUYS!!!!! Email again now!! I just got back in!! Glad to help you out!!

Did NOT Lie! Was called out of town! Sorry about that!! Please Email me now.

Sob Story? I talked with you on the Phone 540-980-0228 Trying HARD to Catch up!!

NOBODY is going to lise ANYTHING!! Please email now! Just got back in! :(

Had a family Emergency Have Allot of emails. Wish you would have tried again. :(

EXPLAINED THE PROBLEM? ITEM IS COMING UNDER BIG SNOW IN VA! AND CONTACTED YOU :(

YOU PAID?? You WOULD NOT EVEN ANSWER MY MAILS!! EBAY WILL BE CONTACTED!!!

Feel free to use any of the above, or all the above, when leaving feedback for our friend....

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:08 am 

Best to get him started on some negs now, may save some people cash and frustration.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:52 am 

Wow, check out the BIN on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

8O

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:58 am 

D&D ~~ THE BLACK TOWER

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 79130&rd=1

High bidder:  hugh_gee_rection ( 0 )

Nice name  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:59 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Wow, check out the BIN on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

8O

That is one clobbered white box there....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:42 am 

nemesiz wrote:High bidder: hugh_gee_rection ( 0 )

Best. Shill Nick. EVAR.

:lol:

Even beats out "i_bought_a_dieties_and_demigods_for_1000"

:D

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 64123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 626364