ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 64123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 626364
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:28 am 

wtf no longer registered before he even got to wack wtf man ebays some bs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:12 am 

ok someone post here how to make a fake ebay ID, detailed how to please :P  Then maybe we shall have multiple attacks va this thief?  Hell if the guy had riped me off I'd use my own ebay account to slam him lol.  Not that "I" am going to do anything, but I am willing to cheer anyone who does :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:01 am 

draco76 wrote:wtf no longer registered before he even got to wack wtf man ebays some bs

First off let me say this, I am not the one who registered etc_stole_my_money(i would admit it if it was me, and besides that was a UK ID), BUT if EBay claims that they know NOTHING about jonb being the SAME person as the_Eastern_Treasure_Chest or the_Game_Emporium, then somebody explain to me how they could have acted SO quickly on that user ID?

According to EBays OWN RULES, once they suspend you, you are NOT ALLOWED TO COME BACK AND REGISTER UNDER A NEW USER ID. This A$$ Hole has stolen a LOT of money from a LOT of people,TWICE NOW, and yet somehow, someway Ebay is now Defending him :?: :!:

I think the only way to act on this now, and this is being 100% serious, is to pursue this guy legally. It seems to me that in the past people may have reported him to the FBI before for fraud, but after he was booted by Ebay previously, folks were just content to let things go. I think at this point, that a very concerted effort should be made by lots of people here to get some REAL attention from the FBI on this. I mean by emailing people that he has ripped off in the past and by having them and us file a lot of complaints with the FBI. I figure that if the FBI gets enough emails and complaints about it, than they will have no chioce but to act. Seriously, this guy needs to spend some time in jail for the thousands of dollars that he has stolen from people. Anyone else think that this may a good idea?
============================================
NOTE: I just realized something else though. Something very strange happened overnight besides the removal of etc_stole_me_money. All of jonb's auctions were taken down. He now has a few new ones up, but he had like some 110 auctions completely removed from EBay. I mean they are not even showing up in closed auctions like they ended early or ended at all, they are all just gone.  8O

Here is his list that he has up now:
eBay listings

and here is his complete items list:
search-completed.ebay.com/_W0QQcatrefZC ... sofocusZso

Other than a few auctions that slipped through after all the BINs were done the night before, there is nothing. :? WTF is going on here?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:44 am 

Draco,

Now, I don't necessarily condone this, and I certainly don't do it myself..........
But here is how I am told it is done:

Create an e-mail account. Most ISP's allow you to make sub-accounts.
Pick a city. Say Atlanta, Georgia.
Do a web search for area code and zip code for Atlanta.
Create an eBay account with a fake name. The zip code and area code MUST be correct.
Create an account to receive e-mail in Outlook Distressed or whatever e-mail client you use.
Receive the confirmation e-mail from eBay.
Shill until you urinate with laughter, then proceed to the bathroom and shower well. Or, pee first and shill later, saving the shower step.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:53 am 

hehe and maybe make a snipe account under your new ebay account name, set your 100 or so snipes and shill by proxy?(do this from your local libary so ebay can't track your IP?)  leave feedback when convient, perferably nice postive comments such are your a thief burn in He!! :D?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:
draco76 wrote:wtf no longer registered before he even got to wack wtf man ebays some bs

First off let me say this, I am not the one who registered etc_stole_my_money(i would admit it if it was me, and besides that was a UK ID), BUT if EBay claims that they know NOTHING about jonb being the SAME person as the_Eastern_Treasure_Chest or the_Game_Emporium, then somebody explain to me how they could have acted SO quickly on that user ID?

According to EBays OWN RULES, once they suspend you, you are NOT ALLOWED TO COME BACK AND REGISTER UNDER A NEW USER ID. This A$$ Hole has stolen a LOT of money from a LOT of people,TWICE NOW, and yet somehow, someway Ebay is now Defending him :?: :!:

I think the only way to act on this now, and this is being 100% serious, is to pursue this guy legally. It seems to me that in the past people may have reported him to the FBI before for fraud, but after he was booted by Ebay previously, folks were just content to let things go. I think at this point, that a very concerted effort should be made by lots of people here to get some REAL attention from the FBI on this. I mean by emailing people that he has ripped off in the past and by having them and us file a lot of complaints with the FBI. I figure that if the FBI gets enough emails and complaints about it, than they will have no chioce but to act. Seriously, this guy needs to spend some time in jail for the thousands of dollars that he has stolen from people. Anyone else think that this may a good idea?
============================================
NOTE: I just realized something else though. Something very strange happened overnight besides the removal of etc_stole_me_money. All of jonb's auctions were taken down. He now has a few new ones up, but he had like some 110 auctions completely removed from EBay. I mean they are not even showing up in closed auctions like they ended early or ended at all, they are all just gone. 8O

Here is his list that he has up now:
eBay listings

and here is his complete items list:
search-completed.ebay.com/_W0QQcatrefZC ... sofocusZso

Other than a few auctions that slipped through after all the BINs were done the night before, there is nothing. :? WTF is going on here?

Maybe he pulled the auctions for stuff he didn't really HAVE?  Just a guess... :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:25 pm 

He has the items you can tell because he uses the same backdrop on all of them. He's not out to rip anyone off right now probably..... Its just once he has built up a decent amount of feedback the post office will start loosing certain high vaule items like a 1st print woody or something, orange B3, stuff like that :P(that sort of thing happends) and at the end he will have several hundred items up and get sick and die on us again, after they are paid for and he had removed the funds from his paypal account of course (who says you can't take it with you?)... Then a few weeks later he will be back like jesus from the grave, reserrected by some evil cleric or something, or possibly reinarnated as his brother. Then the cycle will start a new, its never ending he is like the energizer bunny he keeps going and going untill...... he rips the wrong person off(I would be one of the people you don't wanan rip off :D ) and the guy (or girl plenty of crazy bitchs out there) drives down there digs him up and drives a stake in his someonhow still beating heart...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:31 pm 

draco76 wrote:He has the items you can tell because he uses the same backdrop on all of them. He's not out to rip anyone off right now probably.....

I was thinking maybe he's just using the PICS to lure innocents into his lair... :twisted:

Anyway, looks like he's gotten a few bites on the Kobold Hall already.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:53 pm 

hugh_gee_rection. Funny funny.
It is definitely ETC. He had number 528 before, unless I am sorely mistaken. Run out the guns!
draco, eBay cannot track you by IP. Impossible to log IP connections, the logs would run into the gigabytes in no time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:06 pm 

Come on guys, he is turning over a new leaf.   :lol: Same guy different attitude!

Yah right, any want to invest in some prime swampland in Florida :evil:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:59 pm 

I still say we drive a stake into his cold heart!  Who wants to hold the stake while I hammer?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:02 am 

bclarkie wrote:BadMike, Look who has outbid me on the RPGA1-4. Well its jonb. 8O :evil:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Can I expect to get a bid cancellation notice in my email? I mean I don't mind the competition, but from anybody but this guy. :evil:

I've been pretending not to notice.  But seriously, wouldn't it be funny if he won and then I started sending him excuses that I was sick, or my entire family was sick, or that a computer virus shut down my system, and drag it out for months and months?  And then just never sent the items?  But I guess that would be crawling down to his level.....
  What are the chances if he won the items that they would very soon end up being sold by him?
   There's no way he's going to win anyway.  If he's still high bidder going into the last day, I'll cancel him.  I couldn't conscience doing business with such a fraud and liar.  I think he only got in on th ebidding becuase he thinks he can win them and then resell them separately himself, but I have a feeling the final price will be much higher and he'll be way out of the running.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:05 am 

belial418 wrote:OMFG!!! That is so funny, and I'm laughing so hard, I'm about to pee my pa--ahhh mann!!!

I wish, I about crapped mine when I saw this.....sweet!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:03 am 

Badmike wrote:
bclarkie wrote:BadMike, Look who has outbid me on the RPGA1-4. Well its jonb. 8O :evil:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Can I expect to get a bid cancellation notice in my email? I mean I don't mind the competition, but from anybody but this guy. :evil:

I've been pretending not to notice. But seriously, wouldn't it be funny if he won and then I started sending him excuses that I was sick, or my entire family was sick, or that a computer virus shut down my system, and drag it out for months and months? And then just never sent the items? But I guess that would be crawling down to his level.....
 What are the chances if he won the items that they would very soon end up being sold by him?
 There's no way he's going to win anyway. If he's still high bidder going into the last day, I'll cancel him. I couldn't conscience doing business with such a fraud and liar. I think he only got in on th ebidding becuase he thinks he can win them and then resell them separately himself, but I have a feeling the final price will be much higher and he'll be way out of the running.

Mike B.

well put it this way, he WON'T be winning it for that amount!  :wink:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:06 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Badmike wrote:
I've been pretending not to notice. But seriously, wouldn't it be funny if he won and then I started sending him excuses that I was sick, or my entire family was sick, or that a computer virus shut down my system, and drag it out for months and months? And then just never sent the items? But I guess that would be crawling down to his level.....
There's no way he's going to win anyway. If he's still high bidder going into the last day, I'll cancel him. I couldn't conscience doing business with such a fraud and liar. I think he only got in on th ebidding becuase he thinks he can win them and then resell them separately himself, but I have a feeling the final price will be much higher and he'll be way out of the running.

Mike B.

well put it this way, he WON'T be winning it for that amount! :wink:

Hey, I just thought of something...didn't this guy say he "inherited" two storage sheds full of stuff from his poor departed brother when he was first accused of being ETC/Games Emporium?  If so, why is he BUYING D&D stuff if his avowed purpose was just to get rid of the stuff he still had? Besides my RPGA stuff, he's also bid on (and won) some of the Monte Cook auction stuff. Seems a little fishy to me....oh, hell, seems a LOT fishy, but then again I've already conclusively decided this guy is a liar and crook, so I"m just convincing myself even more at this point.

Mike B.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:08 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well put it this way, he WON'T be winning it for that amount! :wink:

Maybe I should've left the BIN in place... ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:20 am 

Badmike wrote: Hey, I just thought of something...didn't this guy say he "inherited" two storage sheds full of stuff from his poor departed brother when he was first accused of being ETC/Games Emporium? If so, why is he BUYING D&D stuff if his avowed purpose was just to get rid of the stuff he still had? Besides my RPGA stuff, he's also bid on (and won) some of the Monte Cook auction stuff. Seems a little fishy to me....oh, hell, seems a LOT fishy, but then again I've already conclusively decided this guy is a liar and crook, so I"m just convincing myself even more at this point.

Mike B.

Yes, I also noticed that. Very curious behavior for someone just looking to offload all his stuff and be done with it.  He has actually bid on a LOT of other stuff as well, its just that he has not won them. Whoever sent him the email about and got the response about his *sob* story of his now deceased brother, ought to email him back and ask him why he is buying other D&D stuff, if he was just trying a simple guy looking to sell off his 2 warehouses of stuff, so why in the hell would he be buying things? :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Badmike wrote: Hey, I just thought of something...didn't this guy say he "inherited" two storage sheds full of stuff from his poor departed brother when he was first accused of being ETC/Games Emporium? If so, why is he BUYING D&D stuff if his avowed purpose was just to get rid of the stuff he still had? Besides my RPGA stuff, he's also bid on (and won) some of the Monte Cook auction stuff. Seems a little fishy to me....oh, hell, seems a LOT fishy, but then again I've already conclusively decided this guy is a liar and crook, so I"m just convincing myself even more at this point.

Mike B.

Yes, I also noticed that. Very curious behavior for someone just looking to offload all his stuff and be done with it. He has actually bid on a LOT of other stuff as well, its just that he has not won them. Whoever sent him the email about and got the response about his *sob* story of his now deceased brother, ought to email him back and ask him why he is buying other D&D stuff, if he was just trying a simple guy looking to sell off his 2 warehouses of stuff, so why in the hell would he be buying things? :evil:

Easy answer...his brother is a lich! :twisted:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 64123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 626364