ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:02 pm 

Very interesting...

If you have a little time, I found this site very revealing.  

People Search by ZabaSearch - Free People Search Engine

Try punching in and cross referencing this/these guy(s) names.  You end up with a hefty list, but are able to eliminate individuals and addresses that do not apply via birthdates....might be fun!

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:41 am 

Does anyone have the actual address for ETC?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:08 pm 

Anyone notice that after the flood of conversation about it, that good ole' Jonb put up a bunch of twilight2000 stuff. :roll:  What is the plan about this A$$ hole anyway?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:07 pm 

Any word or proof of postage, David?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:48 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Any word or proof of postage, David?

Apologies for the delay: was having to give "benefit of the doubt".

Yup, just received that early this morning, although possibly not an encouragement in the bigger scheme of things after what happened with the auctions last time.
USPS tracking took some time to come through their system (posted in Newbern, VA), but he's also sent a scan of the receipt for insurance.

As to whether the "Valley of the Trees" will match the image on the first or second (!) auction, that remains to be seen... :roll:

(aside: I've picked up one positive feedback (out of two *g*) and noted the first buyer left positive feedback before receiving the goods: is strange, since they look like a "genuine" buyer, too).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:17 pm 

Good ole' jonb now has 96 auctions up: 8O

eBay listings

I am just waiting for the wheels to explode off again..............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Good ole' jonb now has 96 auctions up: 8O

eBay listings

I am just waiting for the wheels to explode off again..............

well i won't be caught out by that one again thats for sure!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:58 am 

1st print Tegel Manor...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

Wow! I've just taken a look through all this listings. Everything he sells is extremely rare or very hard to find. Why aren't we all buying his stuff?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:10 am 

It actually creates a bit of a moral dilema on top of the possible risk.  Even if you think that you can get in at the beginning when the risk is lower you should ask yourself:  Is this the kind of person I want to give my money to?

If you went into a store and knew that the owner defrauded people, sold stolen goods and actually did this to some people you know . . . would you still give him your money just because you could get a good deal?

I wouldn't . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:35 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:It actually creates a bit of a moral dilema on top of the possible risk. Even if you think that you can get in at the beginning when the risk is lower you should ask yourself: Is this the kind of person I want to give my money to?

If you went into a store and knew that the owner defrauded people, sold stolen goods and actually did this to some people you know . . . would you still give him your money just because you could get a good deal?

I wouldn't . . .

Yes...very very small amounts of money.   :)

I thought about this for a while, and I think we'd be doing more harm to lowball this guy than not to bid at all.  If we all agreed to not outbid each other, and not bid higher than $1 on his stuff, he'd quit the business pretty quickly.  Low risk/high reward as well.  As an added bonus, it doesn't break any eBay rules or laws, as far as I'm aware.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:57 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:It actually creates a bit of a moral dilema on top of the possible risk. Even if you think that you can get in at the beginning when the risk is lower you should ask yourself: Is this the kind of person I want to give my money to?

I wouldn't . . .

I wouldn't either, and that is why I have stayed away at this point. I also noticed that he is starting to change his opening bid strategy now too. If you look he is starting to open bids lower and then putting a reserve on his higher end items. One thing I did do last night was turned him for keyword spamming. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I did this of course because in his Role-Aids items he just listed last night, he put names of other Role-Aids items that he has up for sale. Normally, I couldn't care less about that, especially considering it being as minor as it is, but in this circumstance, I just couldn't help myself with good ole' jonb. :twisted: Anything that I can due to make life difficult on him I am going to do. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:35 am 

i just won't bid on pure principle as he already shafted me twice in the past, no matter how nice the items are (ie. tegel manor)  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i just won't bid on pure principle as he already shafted me twice in the past, no matter how nice the items are (ie. tegel manor) :?

The same goes for me.  I look at his items for sale and have to stop myself putting in a low bid.  I got stiffed by ETC and I'm not convinced that ETC/TGE/Jon aren't one and the same.

Good luck to those who decide to bid.  I hope that the circumstantial evidence proves to be wrong.  Or, if it doesn't, you get in early enough to have a decent chance of getting your wins.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:34 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:It actually creates a bit of a moral dilema....

On the basis that this stock has already been sold to other buyers by ETC, you would knowingly be buying stolen goods.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:25 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:1st print Tegel Manor...

Wow! I've just taken a look through all this listings. Everything he sells is extremely rare or very hard to find. Why aren't we all buying his stuff?

I saw that and posted it in the "Interesting non-TSR items" thread. It's very unfortunate who's selling it, cuz based on everything you guys have said, I'm not bidding.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:34 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:1st print Tegel Manor...

I saw that and posted it in the "Interesting non-TSR items" thread. It's very unfortunate who's selling it, cuz based on everything you guys have said, I'm not bidding.

I'll put one up on eBay tomorrow.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:58 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:

I'll put one up on eBay tomorrow.

Cool! There's this one too:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:03 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Cool! There's this one too:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

There seems to be more Tegels and CSIOs than B2s on eBay. You should be able to pick one up for a few bucks.

PreviousNext