ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:46 am 

Oh, and take a look at who is now bidding on the Kobold Hall I just posted last night in the interesting itmes on Ebay:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Coincidentaly it just happens to be JONB7839!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Hey, Jon/James/Sarah/Robert/whatever your name is now, since I know that you are reading these posts.  F**K You!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:47 am 

Just want to point out for everyone's viewing pleasure:

cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidI ... amp;sort=3

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:50 am 

Just in case you missed it at the bottom of the previous page

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(btw. Am still waiting for someone to PM me TGE's physical addy so I can compare with the one I just received for this new seller. Thanks if possible).

I'm happy to list it here:

The Game Emporium, P.O. Box 1255, 2958 Old Stage Road, Wytheville, VA 24382, United States

And still listed on Google if anyone would like to discuss their outstanding shipments. :twisted:

james h corvin, VA - Google Search

Now has anyone got the ETC address?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:27 am 

johnhuck wrote:Just in case you missed it at the bottom of the previous page

johnhuck wrote:I'm happy to list it here:

The Game Emporium, P.O. Box 1255, 2958 Old Stage Road, Wytheville, VA 24382, United States

And still listed on Google if anyone would like to discuss their outstanding shipments. :twisted:

james h corvin, VA - Google Search

Now has anyone got the ETC address?

I just did a reverse telephone number look up based on the phone number listed in the original return of the eastern treasure chest post and here is what I found so far:
reversephonedirectory.com/whitepages/ph ... 0-980-0228

No specific address listed which may me its a cell phone. I am not done checking yet though. Kind of interesting that the directory lists the name as C J Kahl, and not Robert Callahan. :evil: More to follow.
================================================
Ah, that link doesn't work. Here is the text as to what I found:
Kahl, C J
Pulaski, VA 24301-2725
(540) 980-0228

Still looking for more info.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:32 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, and take a look at who is now bidding on the Kobold Hall I just posted last night in the interesting itmes on Ebay:

If he/she/they really want Kobold Hall, then he/she/they will have to shell out some additional funds.... I upped my bids by small increments on that listing until I passed the highest bid that he/she/they had placed, and then I upped my own bid higher, so now he/she/they will really have to dig deep inside the ole' wallet to beat it.

I did the same to another couple of items they were bidding on (And some more items that seller has up that he/she/they did not bid on too. Not to be mean, but because I wanted those items. If they can beat my bid(s), then they are certainly welcome to have the items, as they would deserve them.

BTW: I also think you are correct in assuming that he/she/they read this forum.

Hi ya'll!! :wink: ! Have a nice day!  8)
I am looking forward to checking out my winning bid items from ya'll...  :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, and take a look at who is now bidding on the Kobold Hall I just posted last night in the interesting itmes on Ebay:

Coincidentaly it just happens to be JONB7839!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey, Jon/James/Sarah/Robert/whatever your name is now, since I know that you are reading these posts. F**K You!

Well, I'm finally convinced.  I'll admit I was a little skeptical at first, because I don't like to believe stuff like this is true, but this clinches it.  

Why would someone with 2000 sq. ft. of D&D stuff (which they inherited from a deceased relative) be interested in buying more of it?  He wouldn't.  How would someone who inherited a collection have any clue what is rare/valuable?  He wouldn't.  And then there's all that other stuff you guys mentioned already.

We can safely conclude that this is a reseller, and therefore his original story is not accurate.  It no longer matters if it's TGE/ETC/anyone else (unless you're trying to retrieve lost $$$), he's lost his integrity because he's already lied.

With apologies to Invincible Overlord, who just might have 2000 sq. ft. of D&D stuff and still be looking for more...  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:39 am 

I just did a name search via WhitePages -- Find People, Businesses & More under the name of Robert Callahan using the Zip code from the reverse phone number I just looked up and looky what I found:
whitepages.com/10001/search/Alpha_Limit ... ind_Person

Seems that there is a Robert Callahan right there in Dublin, Virginia. What an amazing coincidence. :roll:  It seems this guy changes names faster and more often that he changes his underwear.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:Ah, that link doesn't work. Here is the text as to what I found:
Kahl, C J
Pulaski, VA 24301-2725
(540) 980-0228

I just figured something out.  There is a very specific reason why I was not able to get an address for the phone number.  It is a dummy listing that uses a name that is actually a word play.  Kahl=Call, & C =Corvin, & J=James.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:49 am 

bclarkie wrote:Seems that there is a Robert Callahan right there in Dublin, Virginia. What an amazing coincidence. :roll: It seems this guy changes names faster and more often that he changes his underwear.

Dublin tallies with the latest invoice, btw...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:51 am 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Seems that there is a Robert Callahan right there in Dublin, Virginia. What an amazing coincidence. :roll: It seems this guy changes names faster and more often that he changes his underwear.

Dublin tallies with the latest invoice, btw...

David, can you post the whole address.  :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Dublin tallies with the latest invoice, btw...

David, can you post the whole address. :wink:

Hrrr... can't say I'm overly keen to do so, but if eBay ain't gonna listen to what appears to be a valid case. *shrugs*

Jon Bassett  
4866 Ebb Hall Rd  
Dublin, VA 24084  
United States  
(540) 674-4899  

Am gonna give him <24 hours to respond positively to my queries and request re. shipping, then get very pushy, if required; both with himself and eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:04 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Just want to point out for everyone's viewing pleasure:

cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidI ... amp;sort=3

Any chance that we could get the burtnwire brothers to cancel his bid. I know that they did not exactly have a good exprerience with him previously, and I know they don't like dealing with shady a$$ people.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:09 am 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:David, can you post the whole address. :wink:

Hrrr... can't say I'm overly keen to do so, but if eBay ain't gonna listen to what appears to be a valid case. *shrugs*

Jon Bassett
4866 Ebb Hall Rd
Dublin, VA 24084
United States
(540) 674-4899

Am gonna give him <24 hours to respond positively to my queries and request re. shipping, then get very pushy, if required; both with himself and eBay.

Thanks David. I understand your feelings on posting private info like that, as I am not one to do so myself, but this unfortuantely is a very very special case. I only live about a 5 hour drive from this individual and I am wondering if making a road trip is not a worthwhile cause at this point. I would much rather have EBay handle their business, than waste my time going down there, but this certainly needs to be seen through a fitting end. If I have to take the cops to his house personally to put this guy out of comission permmantly, I will. :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:49 am 

bclarkie wrote:I only live about a 5 hour drive from this individual and I am wondering if making a road trip is not a worthwhile cause at this point. I would much rather have EBay handle their business, than waste my time going down there, but this certainly needs to be seen through a fitting end. If I have to take the cops to his house personally to put this guy out of comission permmantly, I will. :twisted:

Maybe I should've sent an email to say collection would be "in person"... :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:34 am 

Thanks David. I understand your feelings on posting private info like that, as I am not one to do so myself, but this unfortuantely is a very very special case. I only live about a 5 hour drive from this individual and I am wondering if making a road trip is not a worthwhile cause at this point. I would much rather have EBay handle their business, than waste my time going down there, but this certainly needs to be seen through a fitting end. If I have to take the cops to his house personally to put this guy out of comission permmantly, I will. :twisted:
[/quote]

Next week:  On a very special episode of "Cops":

COPS IN VIRGINIA....SPECIAL "D&D SCAMS" WEEK!

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS, WATCHA GONNA DO, WHATCHA GONNA DO

"Cops is filmed live on location...all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"

Dublin, VA:

Interior of police cruiser hurtling down the interstate: Voiceover:
"I always wanted to be a cop.  Ever since I was a kid and and my big brother was traded a GDQ1-7 without the mapbook, I've dreamed of being on the D&D Scam task force.  It was really a dream come true when I got placed here last fall. A lot of the fraud is old school, 1st edition stuff, but I'm really a 2nd edition man at heart.."

Voice from radio: "Car 52, D&D scam in progress, suspect John Basset, location?"

"Over, we are in the vicinity and familiar with the suspect, in route, please send backup"
"Jon's a multiple offender under the names "Eastern Treasure Chest" and Games Emporium".  We keep shutting him down but he just moves a few miles and starts over...the same concept as Meth labs, but ten times more dangerous to the typical classic D&D collector.  As you know, this stuff is 100 times more addictive than crystal meth and he just dangles it out there waiting to hook the unsuspecting collector, then proceeds to drain their bank account with a steady stream of non-existent rares.  One sick puppy"
Cop #2 "We just had a tip from one of our informants, a "B Clarkie", that the suspect is holed up in the White Plume Trailer Park down on Lake Geneva Road.  We should be there in a few seconds....there it is"

Car pulls up to dilapited trailer park, officers jump out of car as someone runs past the car clutching a large magazine sized box.  "Freeze!  Police!  DROP THE KOBOLD HALLS RIGHT NOW OR WE'LL SHOOT!"  Camera shows chase in progress as officers, guns drawn, chase surprisingly agile suspect through back alleys of trailer park.  Camera jumps and shakes as cameraman tries to keep up with chase, which leads back to the original trailer the suspect ran out of.

Cop #1 "He's back in his double wide!"
Cop #2 "Be careful, I think he was armed, I saw him flash a B2 during the chase!"
Cop #1 "Watch out, those'll take your head off if used by an expert!"
Cop#2 "Where's the BACKUP?"

Both officers run up the ramp and kick in the door with guns drawn, screaming "D&D Fraud Squad!" Several shots are heard, the cops shouting "Aim for the Lizard Logo!  IT'S NOT BULLET PROOF!!!!"  Sounds of window breaking, camerman runs around side of trailer in time to see suspect hurdle out of bathroom window, jump on his moped, and haul ass into the night...

Cut to later shot, several cop cars around trailer, lights on, as box after box is pulled out of interior.  Camera in interior shows a mountain of fast food wrappers, empty coke cans and beer bottles.  

Detective #1 "See here all the fake ids, this guy has passports and drivers liscences under so many names it's ridiculous....Sara, Jeff, Jon, Robert, he's even gotten one under the name "Dave Arneson"
Detective #2 "We've hit the jackpot, there are two sheds full of counterfeit D&D items behind the trailer"
Cop #1 "They've set up a roadblock on the interstate but they said with the moped he may take the trails"

Camera sweeps the room, showing computers, monitors, phones, Detectives sifting through piles of polybagged gaming material

Detective #1 "Well, even if we don't catch him, we have most of the contraband, this stuff off the street will mean quite a few wives of collectors like this "Aneoth" (holds up ebay auction invoice) will sleep easier tonight. You know, after years of this, it still makes me sick what these guys will do for this stuff.  It tears apart families, wrecks lives.  I'll never understand the mindset that won't let a perfectly good copy of L1 or a DMscreen take the place of a Dwarven Glory or Orange B3.  
Detective #2 "These guys get a taste of the good life, they can't go back to the commons."
Detective #1 "Regardless, we took 1000 lbs off the street tonight, you have to feel that's a job well done."

Cut to commerical

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:37 am 

Thanks Mike!  That post will keep a smile on my face for days!

Great job!!!!  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:48 am 

lol

very nice Mike....

So, can we call the Cops in that episode and ask them to re-sell those rares at an auction.

Perhaps they will actually deliver....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:59 pm 

Just a run down of info gathered thus far, add to or correct as needed:

Current incarnation-
Jon L Bassett JONB7839
killjoy32 wrote:
oh i forgot to mention....his e-mail address is:

[email protected]

if i remember rightly enough, the game_emporium chap was on adelphia.net too....  

4866 Ebb Hall Rd
Dublin, VA 24084
United States
(540) 674-4899
ADDRESS history includes:
2 in Dublin, VA
2 in Pulaski, VA

The Game Emporium,
This is Jason, I'm helping out James
Other Associated names-Jon/Jason/Sarah/Robert
James H Corvin Jr
James Herbert Jr  Corvin
2958 Old Stage Rd
Wytheville, VA 24382
(276) 228-4949
ADDRESS history includes:
1 in Collinsville, VA
1 in Martinsville, VA
2 in Ringgold, VA
6 in WYTHEVILLE, VA

Eastern Treasure Chest
Robert Callahan
located in Pulaski, VA 24301
Reply by the_eastern_treasure_chest!!: My PHONE #540-980-0228
Kahl, C J
Pulaski, VA 24301-2725
(540) 980-0228
named "Robert" and his wife was "Lisa".

Anyone have more info on ETC?

To re-itterate Wytheville and Dublin are 36 miles apart on highway 81 with Pulaski just south of Dublin

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

PreviousNext