ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 9 of 64123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 626364
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 33
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2006
Location: Alexandria Va (DC Metro Area)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:24 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Badmike wrote:He's now got the very rare Greyhawk module "Keep On the Boderlands"....maybe I'll pick it up, as it's apparantly very hard to find, must be a rare misprint of Keep on the Borderlands?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Mike B.

Yep. looks like I spoke WAY to soon. He has a bunch up again:
eBay listings

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:



Notice that he has listed it as "2nd edition" module. Does that mean he has no clue, or that I have no clue?  :lol:

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:39 pm 
 

Interstingly enough, looks like some forum members have decided to take the plunge.
eBay listings
All that I can say, is good luck guys I hope you get your items.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Interstingly enough, looks like some forum members have decided to take the plunge.
eBay listings
All that I can say, is good luck guys I hope you get your items.

Yep, against my own and many other members of this forum's better judgement, I decided to risk a few $$. :oops:

To be perfectly honest, I really wanted Nanorien Stones and Fez I, but I will not to risk that much.... If I loose a few bucks, then obviously it is my own fault, since it is not like I was not forewarned...... But if I do, then it will only be a few $$ not $50 plus....


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:56 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Interstingly enough, looks like some forum members have decided to take the plunge.
eBay listings
All that I can say, is good luck guys I hope you get your items.

Yep, against my own and many other members of this forum's better judgement, I decided to risk a few $$. :oops:

To be perfectly honest, I really wanted Nanorien Stones and Fez I, but I will not to risk that much.... If I loose a few bucks, then obviously it is my own fault, since it is not like I was not forewarned...... But if I do, then it will only be a few $$ not $50 plus....


I agree and understand totally. I have been fighting my irrational "I must have it side" for like the last week to not bid on those items & the now newly listed 1977 Character Record Sheets. It has been pretty frustrating, but I have at this point been able to hold off. The worst part of it is knowing that someone is going to win those auctions for much cheaper than what they are worth, which means if they do end up receiving them, it is going to be for some ridiculously low price. :evil: Very Frustrating.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:01 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:.....I have been fighting my irrational "I must have it side" for like the last week to not bid on those items & the now newly listed 1977 Character Record Sheets. It has been pretty frustrating, but I have at this point been able to hold off. The worst part of it is knowing that someone is going to win those auctions for much cheaper than what they are worth, which means if they do end up receiving them, it is going to be for some ridiculously low price. :evil: Very Frustrating.

Yes, me too, and I lost my own fight.

Hang in there, the PC sheets are already over $24, so they are not that great a deal now anyway... so they will no go as cheeply as they could have.

If they were the true 1977 First Prints (with the Lizard Logo), then perhaps it would be worth risking the dreaded "Will not send your stuff seller stupidity" and going a bit higher, but not for the far more common 1979 copies (With the Wizard Logo).


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:55 pm 
 

Well, if you are going to bid on Emporium's stuff, doing it immediately is probably the safest time to do it. You'd think he'd send out stuff to begin with to build up at least SOME positive feedback before he goes back to his normal practice of scamming people for a living.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:01 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:Well, if you are going to bid on Emporium's stuff, doing it immediately is probably the safest time to do it. You'd think he'd send out stuff to begin with to build up at least SOME positive feedback before he goes back to his normal practice of scamming people for a living.

Eh, Mike you are not helping me. After rationalizing myself back down after Aneoth's post you tell me it is probably best to bid now. :x  :wink:  :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:08 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Notice the GDQ bid was $201 and it was cancelled 'no brand new user IDs'

Cancelled within two minutes of my post? :roll:
OK, I'm sure there have been stranger coincidences in the past...

So which of us is still gonna bid on the Role Aids items, despite all this?


(thx for the update, Ian.)


Can't say that I am not surprised to see David at the top of those Role Adis items. I hope you get your items David.  I have a sneaking suspicion that you probaly will just because it is way early on in the new reign of terror, but you never know with that guy.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to back out for the price you them for though.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:20 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Can't say that I am not surprised to see David at the top of those Role Adis items. I hope you get your items David. I have a sneaking suspicion that you probaly will just because it is way early on in the new reign of terror, but you never know with that guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to back out for the price you them for though.

*nods* Was of the same opinion as Mike and somewhat helped by way questions were asked of eBay pre-emptively. If they've just given the "thumbs up" to someone who immediately backs out of their first auctions, will be interesting.
Shall see...

Made sure payment was in within 10 minutes of auction end (before the invoice arrived, which was /very/ shortly afterwards); with shipping by insured post to a U.S. address & requested a scan of the receipt for that.

No positive feedback received for prompt payment, yet.

Could someone please PM me TGEs RL addy so I can compare...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7965
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 24, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:32 am 
 

mdr003 wrote:Well, if you are going to bid on Emporium's stuff, doing it immediately is probably the safest time to do it. You'd think he'd send out stuff to begin with to build up at least SOME positive feedback before he goes back to his normal practice of scamming people for a living.


    The last two times he's run his scam his MO has been to build up some decent feedback then pull out the rug by doing his disappearing act.  The first month or so you should be ok (say, 95% chance of getting your item on time and in good condition).  After that, I'd downgrade the percentage 10% a month, after three months I'd drop it another 30%, then after that its' maybe a 10-20% more negative chance per week until he folds up shop (I feel like the math genius brother on the Numbers TV show.....)
   It's almost like a classic pyramid scheme.....the first "investors" are rewarded and spread the word of good cheer along the line to the later "investors", who are buoyed by the bargains and profit of the first successful investors, on down the line, until the latter investors get stuck with the empty bag. So, as in the case of the classic pyramid scheme, I'd recommend getting in early before the scam has run his course and another health problem, computer virus, tsunami or heaven forbid "death in the family" rears it's ugly head...
   
Mike B.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:26 am 
 

Interestingly enough, he has "another" shrinked FEZ1 Valley of the Trees up.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 656
Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 08, 2022
Location: Perth, Australia

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:54 am 
 

Sounds like there's going to be a long queue for the Pre-Pubs on those new modules.
Should we start putting our names down for copies (queue starts to the left), or just wait for them to appear on EBay? I've put ETC (& incarnates) down as a favorite seller 'cause he's got all the good rare ones at the moment..  :D

Adder

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6544
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 24, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:17 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Interestingly enough, he has "another" shrinked FEZ1 Valley of the Trees up.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

Naw, that's the same one. :D


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:20 am 
 

57 items!  Not bad for someone brand new to ebay!  Hell, I have been selling for two years and I can handle only about 55-65 auctions at one time.  

He must be quite the prodigy.  8)


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:51 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Interestingly enough, he has "another" shrinked FEZ1 Valley of the Trees up.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

Naw, that's the same one. :D

:P
Have sent a very pointed email asking for an explanation since that's either directly or indirectly against eBay policy.
(At the very least, one or other listing is not "authentic" since no mention is made of stock photography).

Message to eBay will be following shortly, should I not receive a satistfactory response and confirmation (scanned proof of posting/insurance) that the items will be in the post at first opportunity.

(btw. Am still waiting for someone to PM me TGE's physical addy so I can compare with the one I just received for this new seller. Thanks if possible).

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:43 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:(btw. Am still waiting for someone to PM me TGE's physical addy so I can compare with the one I just received for this new seller. Thanks if possible).

I'm happy to list it here:

The Game Emporium, P.O. Box 1255, 2958 Old Stage Road, Wytheville, VA 24382, United States

And still listed on Google if anyone would like to discuss their outstanding shipments. :twisted:

james h corvin, VA - Google Search

Now has anyone got the ETC address?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:46 am 
 

Oh, and take a look at who is now bidding on the Kobold Hall I just posted last night in the interesting itmes on Ebay:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Coincidentaly it just happens to be JONB7839!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Hey, Jon/James/Sarah/Robert/whatever your name is now, since I know that you are reading these posts.  F**K You!


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:47 am 
 

Just want to point out for everyone's viewing pleasure:

cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidI ... amp;sort=3


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 9 of 64123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 626364