ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:54 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Notice the GDQ bid was $201 and it was cancelled 'no brand new user IDs'

Cancelled within two minutes of my post? :roll:
OK, I'm sure there have been stranger coincidences in the past...

So which of us is still gonna bid on the Role Aids items, despite all this?

(thx for the update, Ian.)

I think it's way too risky. PayPal have no confirmed address for seller, and eBay won't even extend their basic buyer protection to this seller. You'd have to be a mug to bid.

The seller e-mailed me and said he was new to this buy PayPal offered protection. I e-mailed him back and pointed out that neither PayPal nor eBay offered any protection on his auctions and that he was selling Eastern Treasure Chest stock.

I also pointed out that he had cancelled his shill account bids immediately after the post appeared on Acaeum, and suggested that if he was a legitimate business, he could come here and post.

This is after all where the money is. Both collector's and dealers.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:23 am 

Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:03:39 -0800
To: [email protected]
Subject: Response to your question for item #5178853501 - AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!!

Question about your item  

Marketplace Safety Tip  

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.  

Dear aneoth,

You asked:
"What a shame. I would truly love to purchase both the SW Nanorien Stones and the SW Fez I, along with a couple of other items you currently have listed on E-Bay. Unfortunately, you have proven that you cannot be trusted. (As seen in your previous E-Bay incarnations: the_eastern_treasure_chest: and the_game_emporium). With 90 negative feedbacks in one and 101 in another? You are back to the same ways I fear. Incredible. Perhaps we can make some alternate arrangements that will insure that if I bid on your listings, I would actually get what I would be buying, BEFORE loosing my money, Such as COD. There is no insult intended with this note, only truth and caution on my part. I have money waiting to be spent. I have PURCHASED well over 490 individual Auction items during my 3 years on E-Bay and have ONE negative in that time, not 191. I have proven by my own actions that I Always pay and do so fast. Aneoth"

Well I wish I knew what your talking about. I've had a few of these hateful emails...for no apparent reason. I dont have any Feedback? Should have a couple Monday afternoon I hope, when the items arrive. If someone did you wrong I understand your caution. First I get jumped on for using Caps...said I was shouting or something. Then I get about 4 or 5 emails kinda like this one! Well I would love to have your bids, and you would not be disappointed. I've already shipped my first two items, and am frankly tickled with the way things look. I hope you dont let too many good items go by you without bidding. When the feedback starts coming in, maybe you'll realize you were off the mark here. Cuss those guys out for me too, I'm frankly tired of hearing about them. Me and my brother spent years collecting.I Use to work for Wargames West too! I'd like to sell off the major part of our collection. I'm sure we will see each other again, and I'm sure you'll change your mind one day.Hope so anyway!

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.  

Item #  Item Title  Listing end date  

5178853501  AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!!  Apr-02-05  

Thank you,
jonb7839

He sounds pretty convinced that someone is out to get him..... I wonder who that could be. :?:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:23 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

I think it's way too risky. PayPal have no confirmed address for seller, and eBay won't even extend their basic buyer protection to this seller. You'd have to be a mug to bid.

The seller e-mailed me and said he was new to this buy PayPal offered protection. I e-mailed him back and pointed out that neither PayPal nor eBay offered any protection on his auctions and that he was selling Eastern Treasure Chest stock.

I also pointed out that he had cancelled his shill account bids immediately after the post appeared on Acaeum, and suggested that if he was a legitimate business, he could come here and post.

This is after all where the money is. Both collector's and dealers.

Let me stir the pot a little on this too. Check out this little tidbit:
search.ebay.com/_W0QQMfcISAPICommandZMe ... R7QQpfidZ0

Look where the_game _boutique is located. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:03 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:03:39 -0800
To: [email protected]
Subject: Response to your question for item #5178853501 - AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!!

Question about your item

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Dear aneoth,

You asked:
"What a shame. I would truly love to purchase both the SW Nanorien Stones and the SW Fez I, along with a couple of other items you currently have listed on E-Bay. Unfortunately, you have proven that you cannot be trusted. (As seen in your previous E-Bay incarnations: the_eastern_treasure_chest: and the_game_emporium). With 90 negative feedbacks in one and 101 in another? You are back to the same ways I fear. Incredible. Perhaps we can make some alternate arrangements that will insure that if I bid on your listings, I would actually get what I would be buying, BEFORE loosing my money, Such as COD. There is no insult intended with this note, only truth and caution on my part. I have money waiting to be spent. I have PURCHASED well over 490 individual Auction items during my 3 years on E-Bay and have ONE negative in that time, not 191. I have proven by my own actions that I Always pay and do so fast. Aneoth"

Well I wish I knew what your talking about. I've had a few of these hateful emails...for no apparent reason. I dont have any Feedback? Should have a couple Monday afternoon I hope, when the items arrive. If someone did you wrong I understand your caution. First I get jumped on for using Caps...said I was shouting or something. Then I get about 4 or 5 emails kinda like this one! Well I would love to have your bids, and you would not be disappointed. I've already shipped my first two items, and am frankly tickled with the way things look. I hope you dont let too many good items go by you without bidding. When the feedback starts coming in, maybe you'll realize you were off the mark here.Cuss those guys out for me too, I'm frankly tired of hearing about them. Me and my brother spent years collecting.I Use to work for Wargames West too! I'd like to sell off the major part of our collection. I'm sure we will see each other again, and I'm sure you'll change your mind one day.Hope so anyway!

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

5178853501 AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!! Apr-02-05

Thank you,
jonb7839

He sounds pretty convinced that someone is out to get him..... I wonder who that could be. :?:

Adding further to the evidence that this is same a$$ hole, look at in Aneoth's posted email that I have now highlighted in bold. Now after reading it, read this post here by thegameemporium in his supposed defense of himself:
acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6666&a ... ight=#6666

Anyone notice any similiarties?

thegameemporium wrote: Well I wish I knew What the HELL you were talking about!? Who are they and how can I get in touch with them? I would like to get this STUPID Rumor laid to REST for Good! My name is James Corvin....and I have NO idea who the Damn Eastern Treasure Chest is?? Damn I wish I did....I'd Cuss there butt out myself!!

And just an add on to my above post, I don't think that the cancelled bids were to jack up the prices on his auctions, I think that the bids were placed TO BE cancelled, kind of like showing us a warning that he is cancelling bids. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Badmike wrote:He's now got the very rare Greyhawk module "Keep On the Boderlands"....maybe I'll pick it up, as it's apparantly very hard to find, must be a rare misprint of Keep on the Borderlands?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Mike B.

Yep. looks like I spoke WAY to soon. He has a bunch up again:
eBay listings

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Notice that he has listed it as "2nd edition" module. Does that mean he has no clue, or that I have no clue?  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:39 pm 

Interstingly enough, looks like some forum members have decided to take the plunge.
eBay listings
All that I can say, is good luck guys I hope you get your items.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Interstingly enough, looks like some forum members have decided to take the plunge.
eBay listings

Yep, against my own and many other members of this forum's better judgement, I decided to risk a few $$. :oops:

To be perfectly honest, I really wanted Nanorien Stones and Fez I, but I will not to risk that much.... If I loose a few bucks, then obviously it is my own fault, since it is not like I was not forewarned...... But if I do, then it will only be a few $$ not $50 plus....

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:56 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Interstingly enough, looks like some forum members have decided to take the plunge.
eBay listings

Yep, against my own and many other members of this forum's better judgement, I decided to risk a few $$. :oops:

To be perfectly honest, I really wanted Nanorien Stones and Fez I, but I will not to risk that much.... If I loose a few bucks, then obviously it is my own fault, since it is not like I was not forewarned...... But if I do, then it will only be a few $$ not $50 plus....

I agree and understand totally. I have been fighting my irrational "I must have it side" for like the last week to not bid on those items & the now newly listed 1977 Character Record Sheets. It has been pretty frustrating, but I have at this point been able to hold off. The worst part of it is knowing that someone is going to win those auctions for much cheaper than what they are worth, which means if they do end up receiving them, it is going to be for some ridiculously low price. :evil: Very Frustrating.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:.....I have been fighting my irrational "I must have it side" for like the last week to not bid on those items & the now newly listed 1977 Character Record Sheets. It has been pretty frustrating, but I have at this point been able to hold off. The worst part of it is knowing that someone is going to win those auctions for much cheaper than what they are worth, which means if they do end up receiving them, it is going to be for some ridiculously low price. :evil: Very Frustrating.

Yes, me too, and I lost my own fight.

Hang in there, the PC sheets are already over $24, so they are not that great a deal now anyway... so they will no go as cheeply as they could have.

If they were the true 1977 First Prints (with the Lizard Logo), then perhaps it would be worth risking the dreaded "Will not send your stuff seller stupidity" and going a bit higher, but not for the far more common 1979 copies (With the Wizard Logo).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:55 pm 

Well, if you are going to bid on Emporium's stuff, doing it immediately is probably the safest time to do it. You'd think he'd send out stuff to begin with to build up at least SOME positive feedback before he goes back to his normal practice of scamming people for a living.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:01 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Well, if you are going to bid on Emporium's stuff, doing it immediately is probably the safest time to do it. You'd think he'd send out stuff to begin with to build up at least SOME positive feedback before he goes back to his normal practice of scamming people for a living.

Eh, Mike you are not helping me. After rationalizing myself back down after Aneoth's post you tell me it is probably best to bid now. :x  :wink:  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:08 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Notice the GDQ bid was $201 and it was cancelled 'no brand new user IDs'

Can't say that I am not surprised to see David at the top of those Role Adis items. I hope you get your items David.  I have a sneaking suspicion that you probaly will just because it is way early on in the new reign of terror, but you never know with that guy.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to back out for the price you them for though.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:Can't say that I am not surprised to see David at the top of those Role Adis items. I hope you get your items David. I have a sneaking suspicion that you probaly will just because it is way early on in the new reign of terror, but you never know with that guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to back out for the price you them for though.

*nods* Was of the same opinion as Mike and somewhat helped by way questions were asked of eBay pre-emptively. If they've just given the "thumbs up" to someone who immediately backs out of their first auctions, will be interesting.
Shall see...

Made sure payment was in within 10 minutes of auction end (before the invoice arrived, which was /very/ shortly afterwards); with shipping by insured post to a U.S. address & requested a scan of the receipt for that.

No positive feedback received for prompt payment, yet.

Could someone please PM me TGEs RL addy so I can compare...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:32 am 

mdr003 wrote:Well, if you are going to bid on Emporium's stuff, doing it immediately is probably the safest time to do it. You'd think he'd send out stuff to begin with to build up at least SOME positive feedback before he goes back to his normal practice of scamming people for a living.

The last two times he's run his scam his MO has been to build up some decent feedback then pull out the rug by doing his disappearing act.  The first month or so you should be ok (say, 95% chance of getting your item on time and in good condition).  After that, I'd downgrade the percentage 10% a month, after three months I'd drop it another 30%, then after that its' maybe a 10-20% more negative chance per week until he folds up shop (I feel like the math genius brother on the Numbers TV show.....)
   It's almost like a classic pyramid scheme.....the first "investors" are rewarded and spread the word of good cheer along the line to the later "investors", who are buoyed by the bargains and profit of the first successful investors, on down the line, until the latter investors get stuck with the empty bag. So, as in the case of the classic pyramid scheme, I'd recommend getting in early before the scam has run his course and another health problem, computer virus, tsunami or heaven forbid "death in the family" rears it's ugly head...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:26 am 

Interestingly enough, he has "another" shrinked FEZ1 Valley of the Trees up.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:54 am 

Sounds like there's going to be a long queue for the Pre-Pubs on those new modules.
Should we start putting our names down for copies (queue starts to the left), or just wait for them to appear on EBay? I've put ETC (& incarnates) down as a favorite seller 'cause he's got all the good rare ones at the moment..  :D

Adder

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:17 am 

bclarkie wrote:Interestingly enough, he has "another" shrinked FEZ1 Valley of the Trees up.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

Naw, that's the same one. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:20 am 

57 items!  Not bad for someone brand new to ebay!  Hell, I have been selling for two years and I can handle only about 55-65 auctions at one time.  

He must be quite the prodigy.  8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

PreviousNext