ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:39 am 

Eastern Treasure Chest

XP Value : - GP Value : 500
Ebay Campaign

When this cursed item is examined, it looks like an ordinary, worn chest, radiating faint magic of illusion/phantasm kind if examined with a detect magic spell.
It performs exactly like a Bag of Holding of the maximum size, containing 2,000 lbs into its extra dimensional space, until its possessor puts into it 1,000 GP or more of cash, gems, or a magic item valued 1,000 GP or more.
At this time, the Eastern Treasure Chest teleports away with all its catch to the lair of the magic user who made it in the first place.
Eastern Treasure Chests of different shapes have been spotted in other locations of the multiverse: in the Land of Al-Qadim they are known - ironically - as the Treasures of the Bazaar, while in Forgotten Realms an extremely large one - the size of a small shop - have been spotted, called The Game Emporium.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:48 pm 

rosenkav wrote:the size of a small shop - have been spotted, called The Game Emporium.

Classic! :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:29 pm 

Interesting...

eBay.com Item Bid History

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:39 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Interesting...

Yes, I saw that as well earlier tonight. Good ole Jon, must hve decided to get while the getting was still good. Lord knows, that this will not be last of him though.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:21 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Yes, I saw that as well earlier tonight. Good ole Jon, must hve decided to get while the getting was still good. Lord knows, that this will not be last of him though. :roll:

Hard to contact the seller when he's dead....or is it his brother who is dead now....I get so confused...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:17 am 

He's now got the very rare Greyhawk module "Keep On the Boderlands"....maybe I'll pick it up, as it's apparantly very hard to find, must be a rare misprint of Keep on the Borderlands?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:02 am 

Badmike wrote:He's now got the very rare Greyhawk module "Keep On the Boderlands"....maybe I'll pick it up, as it's apparantly very hard to find, must be a rare misprint of Keep on the Borderlands?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Mike B.

Yep. looks like I spoke WAY to soon. He has a bunch up again:
eBay listings

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:09 am 

Badmike wrote:He's now got the very rare Greyhawk module "Keep On the Boderlands"....maybe I'll pick it up, as it's apparantly very hard to find, must be a rare misprint of Keep on the Borderlands?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Mike B.

BTW, maybe someone should ask him about how it qualifies as rare.  In your quaetion you might want to reference that you know someone(waves to draco  :wink: ) who owns like 50 or 60 of them all by himself. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  I'll bet he doesn't even answer. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:14 pm 

lol I don't know how many I have anymore its a nice thick stack....  The sad thing is the 2-3 I have resold have gone for more then some of the rarer commen modules, g1-3 q1 ext.....  I got like $15 for a VGC B2 a awile back... wtf?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:38 pm 

:oops:   i dont like to retract my bids but if this guy is as evil as yall say he is better to bail and take the wrath of ebay than lose my money   and again thanks for the heads up and i hope it is warrented

thanks jeff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:28 am 

Oh look, its a first print C1-Lost Tomoachan, oh wait its not:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 2&rd=1

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:41 am 

jhstissot wrote:

:oops:  i dont like to retract my bids but if this guy is as evil as yall say he is better to bail and take the wrath of ebay than lose my money  and again thanks for the heads up and i hope it is warrented
thanks jeff

New eBay ID <the_game_boutique> just popped up to bid on their GDQ1-7 and two Role Aids items; and nothing else:
Welcome to eBay

Of course, could be one of us for all I know...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:49 am 

harami2000 wrote:
jhstissot wrote:
:oops: i dont like to retract my bids but if this guy is as evil as yall say he is better to bail and take the wrath of ebay than lose my money and again thanks for the heads up and i hope it is warrented
thanks jeff

New eBay ID <the_game_boutique> just popped up to bid on their GDQ1-7 and two Role Aids items; and nothing else:
Welcome to eBay

Of course, could be one of us for all I know...

Notice the GDQ bid was $201 and it was cancelled 'no brand new user IDs' yet it continues to be the bidder on the two Role Aids mods. That's classic ETC shilling and feedback boosting to me.

<edit> Oops. There goes the bid on Fez I, too. I guess Mr Eastern Treasure Chest must be watching the board. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Notice the GDQ bid was $201 and it was cancelled 'no brand new user IDs'

Cancelled within two minutes of my post? :roll:
OK, I'm sure there have been stranger coincidences in the past...

So which of us is still gonna bid on the Role Aids items, despite all this?

(thx for the update, Ian.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:54 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Notice the GDQ bid was $201 and it was cancelled 'no brand new user IDs'

I think it's way too risky. PayPal have no confirmed address for seller, and eBay won't even extend their basic buyer protection to this seller. You'd have to be a mug to bid.

The seller e-mailed me and said he was new to this buy PayPal offered protection. I e-mailed him back and pointed out that neither PayPal nor eBay offered any protection on his auctions and that he was selling Eastern Treasure Chest stock.

I also pointed out that he had cancelled his shill account bids immediately after the post appeared on Acaeum, and suggested that if he was a legitimate business, he could come here and post.

This is after all where the money is. Both collector's and dealers.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:23 am 

Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:03:39 -0800
To: [email protected]
Subject: Response to your question for item #5178853501 - AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!!

Question about your item  

Marketplace Safety Tip  

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.  

Dear aneoth,

You asked:
"What a shame. I would truly love to purchase both the SW Nanorien Stones and the SW Fez I, along with a couple of other items you currently have listed on E-Bay. Unfortunately, you have proven that you cannot be trusted. (As seen in your previous E-Bay incarnations: the_eastern_treasure_chest: and the_game_emporium). With 90 negative feedbacks in one and 101 in another? You are back to the same ways I fear. Incredible. Perhaps we can make some alternate arrangements that will insure that if I bid on your listings, I would actually get what I would be buying, BEFORE loosing my money, Such as COD. There is no insult intended with this note, only truth and caution on my part. I have money waiting to be spent. I have PURCHASED well over 490 individual Auction items during my 3 years on E-Bay and have ONE negative in that time, not 191. I have proven by my own actions that I Always pay and do so fast. Aneoth"

Well I wish I knew what your talking about. I've had a few of these hateful emails...for no apparent reason. I dont have any Feedback? Should have a couple Monday afternoon I hope, when the items arrive. If someone did you wrong I understand your caution. First I get jumped on for using Caps...said I was shouting or something. Then I get about 4 or 5 emails kinda like this one! Well I would love to have your bids, and you would not be disappointed. I've already shipped my first two items, and am frankly tickled with the way things look. I hope you dont let too many good items go by you without bidding. When the feedback starts coming in, maybe you'll realize you were off the mark here. Cuss those guys out for me too, I'm frankly tired of hearing about them. Me and my brother spent years collecting.I Use to work for Wargames West too! I'd like to sell off the major part of our collection. I'm sure we will see each other again, and I'm sure you'll change your mind one day.Hope so anyway!

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.  

Item #  Item Title  Listing end date  

5178853501  AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!!  Apr-02-05  

Thank you,
jonb7839

He sounds pretty convinced that someone is out to get him..... I wonder who that could be. :?:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:23 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

I think it's way too risky. PayPal have no confirmed address for seller, and eBay won't even extend their basic buyer protection to this seller. You'd have to be a mug to bid.

The seller e-mailed me and said he was new to this buy PayPal offered protection. I e-mailed him back and pointed out that neither PayPal nor eBay offered any protection on his auctions and that he was selling Eastern Treasure Chest stock.

I also pointed out that he had cancelled his shill account bids immediately after the post appeared on Acaeum, and suggested that if he was a legitimate business, he could come here and post.

This is after all where the money is. Both collector's and dealers.

Let me stir the pot a little on this too. Check out this little tidbit:
search.ebay.com/_W0QQMfcISAPICommandZMe ... R7QQpfidZ0

Look where the_game _boutique is located. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:03 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:03:39 -0800
To: [email protected]
Subject: Response to your question for item #5178853501 - AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!!

Question about your item

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Dear aneoth,

You asked:
"What a shame. I would truly love to purchase both the SW Nanorien Stones and the SW Fez I, along with a couple of other items you currently have listed on E-Bay. Unfortunately, you have proven that you cannot be trusted. (As seen in your previous E-Bay incarnations: the_eastern_treasure_chest: and the_game_emporium). With 90 negative feedbacks in one and 101 in another? You are back to the same ways I fear. Incredible. Perhaps we can make some alternate arrangements that will insure that if I bid on your listings, I would actually get what I would be buying, BEFORE loosing my money, Such as COD. There is no insult intended with this note, only truth and caution on my part. I have money waiting to be spent. I have PURCHASED well over 490 individual Auction items during my 3 years on E-Bay and have ONE negative in that time, not 191. I have proven by my own actions that I Always pay and do so fast. Aneoth"

Well I wish I knew what your talking about. I've had a few of these hateful emails...for no apparent reason. I dont have any Feedback? Should have a couple Monday afternoon I hope, when the items arrive. If someone did you wrong I understand your caution. First I get jumped on for using Caps...said I was shouting or something. Then I get about 4 or 5 emails kinda like this one! Well I would love to have your bids, and you would not be disappointed. I've already shipped my first two items, and am frankly tickled with the way things look. I hope you dont let too many good items go by you without bidding. When the feedback starts coming in, maybe you'll realize you were off the mark here.Cuss those guys out for me too, I'm frankly tired of hearing about them. Me and my brother spent years collecting.I Use to work for Wargames West too! I'd like to sell off the major part of our collection. I'm sure we will see each other again, and I'm sure you'll change your mind one day.Hope so anyway!

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

5178853501 AD&D 1ST ED ~ NANORIEN STONES ~ ULTRA RARE!!! Apr-02-05

Thank you,
jonb7839

He sounds pretty convinced that someone is out to get him..... I wonder who that could be. :?:

Adding further to the evidence that this is same a$$ hole, look at in Aneoth's posted email that I have now highlighted in bold. Now after reading it, read this post here by thegameemporium in his supposed defense of himself:
acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6666&a ... ight=#6666

Anyone notice any similiarties?

thegameemporium wrote: Well I wish I knew What the HELL you were talking about!? Who are they and how can I get in touch with them? I would like to get this STUPID Rumor laid to REST for Good! My name is James Corvin....and I have NO idea who the Damn Eastern Treasure Chest is?? Damn I wish I did....I'd Cuss there butt out myself!!

And just an add on to my above post, I don't think that the cancelled bids were to jack up the prices on his auctions, I think that the bids were placed TO BE cancelled, kind of like showing us a warning that he is cancelling bids. :roll:

PreviousNext