ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 7 of 641234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 626364
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:34 am 
 

DungeonDelver wrote:Love to meet up with y'all and at least discuss the possibility. Heck, Mrs. Delver plays so maybe that'd give some leverage! :)


Are you in O-town or Tampa?

HMGS?  Sounds fun, I've never actually gotten to do historical mini gaming, only the games out there like battletech, warmachine, etc.


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:00 pm 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:Love to meet up with y'all and at least discuss the possibility. Heck, Mrs. Delver plays so maybe that'd give some leverage! :)


Are you in O-town or Tampa?

HMGS? Sounds fun, I've never actually gotten to do historical mini gaming, only the games out there like battletech, warmachine, etc.


I'm in Orlando (well, Longwood, but it's essentially a suburb of orlando)

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:02 pm 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:oh yes this is a definite runner this...anyone know anyone in the RPGA? this could be a great tournament module this! :D

Well, I'm in the RPGA but have never written a mod for it...

You want old school, we could avoid the RPGA and write it as a Blackmoor mod seeing as its been rereleased by Dave w/ http://www.zeitgeistgames.com. They have a MMRPG system up now...maybe you could even order it to read it. ;)


Or alternately...

emodules

...

I do my own old-school AD&D modules.  Screw RPGA, "Living Greyhawk" and WotC right in their ears.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:18 pm 
 

DungeonDelver wrote:I'm in Orlando (well, Longwood, but it's essentially a suburb of orlando)


Most of my friends are in Fern Park/Maitland/Altamonte...so it's not that far away. :)


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:22 pm 
 

DungeonDelver wrote:I do my own old-school AD&D modules. Screw RPGA, "Living Greyhawk" and WotC right in their ears.


Now, now...you should know from DF that I'm a fan of all D&D systems :) , and the spouse loved working at the WotC store.  Hate Hasbro all you want, but cut the wotc guys some slack. They're just doing their job and trying to make a game.  I honestly feel bad for them, it's like working for the IRS, everyone seems to hate you.  

I still think we need EB1 Lair of the Cougar Fiend mod written up.
(The EB is for eBay, get it? ;) ).


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:28 pm 
 

If someone is going to write the EB1 module, I'm going to DTP it - as I'm doing this kind of job for a living - and publish it with the help of digital press systems, with a quality you could find in TSR modules.

And I think this COULD be a great fun for everyone here.

Any takers?

:twisted:

 YIM  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:31 pm 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:I'm in Orlando (well, Longwood, but it's essentially a suburb of orlando)


Most of my friends are in Fern Park/Maitland/Altamonte...so it's not that far away. :)


[montyburns]Excellent[/montyburns]

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:34 pm 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:I do my own old-school AD&D modules. Screw RPGA, "Living Greyhawk" and WotC right in their ears.


Now, now...you should know from DF that I'm a fan of all D&D systems :) , and the spouse loved working at the WotC store. Hate Hasbro all you want, but cut the wotc guys some slack. They're just doing their job and trying to make a game. I honestly feel bad for them, it's like working for the IRS, everyone seems to hate you.


You're right!  Screw Hasbro! (too!) :D :D :D (TBH I think WotC probably had their hearts in the right place, though.)

MrFilthyIke wrote:I still think we need EB1 Lair of the Cougar Fiend mod written up.
(The EB is for eBay, get it? ;) ).


EB1 LAIR OF THE COUGAR FIEND - Ike has nailed the title.  Once I finish WGH4 Tombs of the Howling Hills I'll get cracking on it.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:36 pm 
 

rosenkav wrote:If someone is going to write the EB1 module, I'm going to DTP it - as I'm doing this kind of job for a living - and publish it with the help of digital press systems, with a quality you could find in TSR modules.

And I think this COULD be a great fun for everyone here.

Any takers?

:twisted:


Ooooooh yeah.  I don't have the enmity y'all do with this "cougarrinard" foo', but I'll be more than happy to write the module.  :twisted:

Scope out my free modules and you'll note that I can do 90% of the layout m'self if that helps the process.  Ah, old school modules are so easy to format...

  


Active Collector

Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 18, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2005
Location: Leighton Buzzard, UK

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:51 pm 
 

I have to say I deal with the Coug and its  been fine but EB1 sounds like genius.  I just finished some NIIIIICE maps thar have Cougarfiend written all over them :twisted:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:55 pm 
 

One we finish EB1, we'll need a whole EB series.

EB2 = "EB2 Arena of Maximum Carnage"?? based on Maxwell, tell us aobut him. :)

EB3 = "EB3 Secrets of the Eastern Treasure Chest" on you know who.

EB4 = "EB4 Treasures of the Emporium" see above joke :)

And so on.

And we could have Guido the Gypsy as a reocurring NPC.  :lol:


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:58 pm 
 

And don't forget EB5 = "Quest for the Woodgrain Box"

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:59 pm 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:And we could have Guido the Gypsy as a reocurring NPC. :lol:


yeah! the strange storyteller who appears from nowhere.....rants a load of rubbish odds n ends to hook PC's into the adventure, then dissappears before you even know who the hell he is :D


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:02 pm 
 

rosenkav wrote:And don't forget EB5 = "Quest for the Woodgrain Box"


:lol:
No no, that would be OCE1 Quest for the Woodgrain Treasure


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:03 pm 
 

Wow, has this one strayed off topic. 8O


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:04 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:yeah! the strange storyteller who appears from nowhere.....rants a load of rubbish odds n ends to hook PC's into the adventure, then dissappears before you even know who the hell he is :D


What stats would Guido have??  :wink:


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:06 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Wow, has this one strayed off topic. 8O


Image


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 490
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2022
Location: Derby, CT

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:28 pm 
 

GG1 - Guido's Guide to EBay
GG2 - The Paypal Wars
GG3 - Hospitality at The Acaeum


(a la, the Volo's Guides.)


Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 7 of 641234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 626364