ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 am 

Also, for the record, I did a search on the North Carolina Secretary of State Website and I was unable to find a single solitary listing to for either person's name as a business owner. It's difficult to tell if that a business that closed back in 1998 would still be on there, but I did confirm that it does contain business created from long before then and it also contains old dissolved businesses, too.

I would also be interested in seeing the content of the email that was sent to them by the member, because the answer that Foul posted seems to answer a lot of questions in relation to the previous incarnations that would not be something if they were completely unknown, they would have not ever know to address in their response.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 am 

You know, I've actually put together a theory that Game Emporium and bclarkie are a Jekyll & Hyde sort of duo.  Still working out the specifics of that, but the timing is suspicious.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 am 

Well, I did some more digging and hilariously enough, I did in fact find Joyce's Facebook profile:

https://www.facebook.com/FOXY62?ref=br_rs

Here is where it gets really good though, as I was scrolling through it, I happened to notice that one of the commenters was "Robert Callahan", which will come as a surprise to no one that is a former alias of the scam artist in question:

https://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =1#p154661

And in case there is any doubt there, good old Robert Callahan is in fact from Pulaski Virginia:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.callahan.39589?fref=ufi

While searching Robert Callahan's profile, I found none other than Jon Bassett, twice:

https://www.facebook.com/woody.danzler.7

https://www.facebook.com/jon.bassett.399

So yeah, they're one in the same seller.  I'm not sure how they all connect, although this seems to be either someone either operating multiple fake Facebook profiles, a scheme of multiple real people or perhaps "Joyce" has been stealing her friends names to sell on Ebay under them.

No matter what, it would be in everyone's best interests to avoid, avoid, avoid. :)

FTR, in case these profiles start magically disappearing, I have screen shots of all of them.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am 

FoulFoot wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:You know, I've actually put together a theory that Game Emporium and bclarkie are a Jekyll & Hyde sort of duo.  Still working out the specifics of that, but the timing is suspicious.

Foul

:o

Feels like old times around here now.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am 

Last post for now.  For posterity, here are the screen shots I took:

---------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I was unable to find James Corvin in any of their friends lists.  :(

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 am 

Great job, bclarkie!  I knew there was a reason we've kept you around.

bclarkie wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:Unfortunately, I was unable to find James Corvin in any of their friends lists.  :(

Well, that's because he's (actually) passed away:

James Corvin Obituary - Wytheville, Virginia | Legacy.com

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm 

I would have to say that the background image in the Robert Callahan FB profile is the nail in the coffin so to speak, as it is the same one that She_Wolf uses for her eBay listings.

Great job BClarkie of hunting down the old info from Eastern Treasure Chest and The Game Emporium, then connecting the dots through their social media profiles.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:02 pm 

Honestly, when I read about people like this, and Cougar, etc. I just don't get it.  I know some of the rares are worth real cash, but by and large D&D selling and collecting isn't a very lucrative activity.  Is it really worth all the subterfuge and effort to scam people?  These aren't stolen diamonds we're buying and selling here.   Seems like an awful lot of work for such a small return.  

My two cents.

The owls are not what they seem...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:Feels like old times around here now.

Does this mean we can start arguing about politics again?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 am 

sauromatian wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626: Does this mean we can start arguing about politics again?

Last Friday I had my monthly Book Club discussion at the Library. The book was David McCullough's 1776. I went ahead and took the Loyalist's Position since I knew no one else would - how can you have a good discussion if everyone agrees with each other?

Had all of my talking points worked out, tons of cited data - completely loaded for Bear.

It was a good time, those Rebel loving ingrates didn't know what hit 'em  :D

You didn't say it had to be Modern politics!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:56 pm 

That was a huge amount of work to put in, guys. Well done. Personally I had already decided she was guilty based on the obvious evidence. Grammar always outs. Besides, the default action of someone who is truly innocent is not to come up with explanations of why they are, it is to get ANGRY at the false accusation.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:40 pm 

FYI- Just to keep this clear to any who may stumble on here, I updated the title of the thread to reflect the new seller name being used.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:59 pm 

Hmmm I purchased two shrink ad&d 2nd edition modules from shewolf a couple of months ago. The prices were reasonable. Should I be worried they're fakes? Like if I open it up is it filled with blank sheets?   :?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm 

We haven't heard of that tactic.  The modules are almost certainly fine; you got lucky, and dealt with him during the run-up phase.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 am 

I got lucky too, I bought something from him last week before realizing it was the same person from this thread. Fortunately it was a fairly low value item ($20) and everything worked out OK.

I will definitely be more careful next time checking seller names, and I'd not buy anything of significant value from him for sure.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:31 pm 

Damn, feels just like the good old days around here....

Yeh, burn her, she's a witch.

Mike B

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 pm 

Shewolf must've hijacked BadMike's account! ;)

Last edited by Skullhammer on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:25 pm 

So many great old names popping up out of the woodwork I thought I'd jump in too. Still lurking. Love you guys, Sherlock himself would doff his cap.

Zenfinite

PreviousNext