ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 59 of 64123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 626364
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:03 pm 

shewolf wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say Hello. I'm shewolf - but you can call me Joyce. I've been involved with Gaming since 1982 I love several different games. But none rival my love for Dungeons and Dragons, not even a close second! lol  Been collecting and playing since then. D&D introduced me to my late husband, and its been involved in my life every since! I am a seller as well, but i'm "First and Foremost" still a Diehard Collector!

There are still a few Major Rares that I still need. Then after 36 years of collecting our Original 1st Edition collection will be complete. I'd also like to say I LOVE the Site!

Welcome to the Acaeum, Wolf :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 pm 

welcome shewolf!!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 pm 

Thank you Guys!  :)

I'm proud to say that my D&D knowledge is pretty strong. My husband could tell you about just about anything, he was a walking D&D Index! lol  But I have to say the Info on the Printings and the Really Obscure stuff is just Super! Prices seem a little off on allot of things. My auctions sometimes shoot way above the values. But I guess its because of the recent surge in interest. Possibly from Stranger Things and for sure from 5th Edition being well received.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:47 pm 

The Game Emporium!  How we've missed you... it's been like five years?  Where have you BEEN, dude!?  And have you lost yet another family member?

ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too!

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:31 pm 

In case you're keeping track, that's she_wolf626 on eBay.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 am 

Good catch -- I added him/her to the site blacklist.

Foul

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:04 am 

blackdougal wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:In case you're keeping track, that's she_wolf626 on eBay.

Just want to say I've had 3 transactions in the past 3 months with person who has this ID.  All went smoothly, as described, with quick shipping.  ** Scratching Head **

"Characters stepping through will appear at the start totally nude, while everything else with them will go to the crypt of the demi-lich.  (Cruel, but most entertaining for the DM...)"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 pm 

shewolf wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say Hello. I'm shewolf - but you can call me Joyce. I've been involved with Gaming since 1982 I love several different games. But none rival my love for Dungeons and Dragons, not even a close second! lol  Been collecting and playing since then. D&D introduced me to my late husband, and its been involved in my life every since! I am a seller as well, but i'm "First and Foremost" still a Diehard Collector!

There are still a few Major Rares that I still need. Then after 36 years of collecting our Original 1st Edition collection will be complete. I'd also like to say I LOVE the Site!

Welcome! Welcome!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 pm 

Ravenwood wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:
blackdougal wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:In case you're keeping track, that's she_wolf626 on eBay.

Just want to say I've had 3 transactions in the past 3 months with person who has this ID.  All went smoothly, as described, with quick shipping.  ** Scratching Head **

The pattern previously has been to conduct normal transactions for a period of time to build feedback & trust, and then suddenly go dark.  This has been going on for literally years (a decade?) with this guy.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:

The pattern previously has been to conduct normal transactions for a period of time to build feedback & trust, and then suddenly go dark.  This has been going on for literally years (a decade?) with this guy.

Foul

Interesting... It really points to the fact that as a nation we need to update our laws to cover this type of con-artist who runs scams across state lines using eBay and Kickstarter as a medium to conduct their "business" (i.e. Con-Man Ken).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 pm 

Foul

I also had made a purchase of some minis from her/him which went fine and I said so when someone asked about another item she/he had for sale.

I really do appreciate you all for pointing her/him out. Even though I wasn't duped myself - that's exactly what crooked people do.

Thank you FoulFoot and blackdougal

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm 

Foul

Got it thanks.  Guess I'm lucky.  Just read up on her/him/it...what a dirtbag!

"Characters stepping through will appear at the start totally nude, while everything else with them will go to the crypt of the demi-lich.  (Cruel, but most entertaining for the DM...)"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:The Game Emporium!  How we've missed you... it's been like five years?  Where have you BEEN, dude!?  And have you lost yet another family member?

ETC/GAME EMPORIUM/jonb7839 is now lisas_stuff_too!

Foul

What's the biggest takeaway here?  Don't piss off Foul.  Seriously, I was in the middle of breakfast this morning when it occurred to me that Foul probably knows my brand of cereal.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:21 pm 

I actually can't tell.  Your jug of milk is blocking the label.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626:I actually can't tell.  Your jug of milk is blocking the label.

Foul

*snerk*

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:56 pm 

I thought I'd post this publicly, because there's additional info on "shewolf" that has come to light.  A forum member -- who I'll not mention; he can reveal himself if he wants -- emailed Joyce about the situation here.  His email to me, paraphrased:

I'm sorry you feel that way and do not want to give this person a chance. If you want to see the same evidence that I looked at, please go to pipl.com and type her name and location in the search bar (Joyce Rigney - Fancy Gap, VA). I asked Joyce if she or her family had any past connection to the Game Emporium ... here was her email to me (see below) for your consideration. You can also of course reach out to her yourself if you would like ([email protected]).

Her response to this forum member:

(redacted) I really appreciate it. I don't know why it bothers me but it kinda does, I'd be lying if I said it didn't. I just feel like I'm being talked bad about in front of what has to be a ton of my customers with no way of defending myself. I for sure don't want to be associated in ANY way with some crook from the past.  We closed our Hobby Shop in early 98 I believe, which was in Winston Salem NC. Fancy Gap is only 5 minutes from my home town which is Mount Airy NC. When I go "out" so to speak I go south to my hometown I have not been up that way in over 8 years...and the only game stores I know of are in the college towns of Radford and Blacksburg, which are nearly 2 hours away. But its been way over 10 years since I've went into either of them. My name is Joyce Rigney and my husband was Charles Rigney. Lord if I was wanting to hide anything I sure would not have my picture on my email! lol Never have ran into anything like this before.

I actually did a pretty deep search on Joyce this evening, and tallied up the evidence.  Still not convinced of innocence.  Matter of fact, I'm quite positive I'm right.  I could email her (him), but there's nothing I could ask that would prove the issue one way or the other.

A breakdown of the pros & cons here:

• It's reasonable to give anyone the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Several Acaeum members have had positive dealings with she_wolf626.
    counter: Game Emporium's MO is to establish a history of transactions that go just fine, until suddenly, they all don't.  The grace period is typically about six months until it goes south.  she_wolf626's selling history on eBay?  Aug 2017.

• Joyce Rigney is a real person in Fancy Gap, VA; about 55 years old.  Her husband is (or was) Charles Rigney.  They originated from Mount Airy, NC.  All true facts.
    counter: This is all information that can be found online. As the Game Emporium is known to be physically located in rural Virginia, it's even possible he knows Joyce.  It's convenient to use a local person because IP addresses will always return to the correct location, too.  Neither Joyce (nor Charles) has any Facebook profile that I could find.  Joyce has a sister, Lisa, whose Facebook profile I did find.  Charles is mentioned as being alive as of 2014 (in his brother Carlos' obituary), but I could not find any obituary or death notice for him.  None of this is proof of a fake -- but none of it helps her case, either.

• Writing style and backstory is very close to the style that Game Emporium has used in the past.  Capital letters in the Middle of Sentences.  Exclamation points!  Missing punctuation / run-on sentences. Posing as a female, because females are inherently more trustworthy.  Death in the family to garner sympathy and to generate a smokescreen to explain delays.  All-capital words in selling descriptions: Dungeon Masters Guide RARE and in GREAT Condition!

• No apparent online history, even though she's been heavily into gaming since 1982, and has amassed a near-complete 1st edition collection. Nobody's ever heard of Joyce and Charles Rigney up to this point, which would be pretty tough in this small collecting field.  "foxylovesu" (her email address) is brand-new, or at least, has never been posted anywhere.  Wait -- you're savvy enough to sell a lot of RPG stuff on eBay, you found this forum and registered an account, you use "lol" which is purely an online invention, yet you have no Facebook profile nor other identifiable online presence?  And you amassed a complete collection how -- by regularly outbidding folks at GenCon?  On eBay?  With what income -- Fancy Gap, Virginia has 237 residents, with an median income of $22,250 (thanks, Wikipedia).  Or are we supposed to assume that the hobby shop you closed twenty years ago is the source of your collection, which has remained untouched and undiscussed online during the intervening years?  Fancy Gap is about as dirt-poor a town as we have in America, and if I lived there, I'd probably decide that the hundred-thousand-dollar D&D collection in the basement might be better served getting me to a nicer place.  But that's just me.

• "I for sure don't want to be associated in ANY way with some crook from the past" is almost word-for-word a Game Emporium phrase.  And is that something *you* would say, being accused of being a scam artist?

• I know this will come as a blow, but there really aren't many females in the early D&D collecting hobby, or who played early D&D with any consistency into adulthood.  Therefore, I view newly-registered females with a healthy dose of skepticism.  Most (all?) of the women who are members here are pretty low-key, and unless you've been around here a while, you might not even know they're women.  An announcement of "I'm a girl!" is either a call for attention from a group of old men (sorry, myself included), or a way to try and earn an instant level of trust and a lowering of defenses.  It's been done literally a dozen times here over the years.

Sorry for the rambling.  I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong, and if I felt the balance of the evidence tipped toward Joyce being who she says she is, then I'd re-instate her with a full public apology.  I'll still do that if further evidence shows otherwise.  But my spidey-sense is tingling pretty hard here, and I don't believe that the above points are all just an incredible set of coincidences.  The Game Emporium has not died, nor reformed his ways -- he's just re-skinning the cat, and laughing as he ropes in additional victims.  Someday, we would hope, a local detective is going to knock on his door and arrest him for fraud.  Until then, I can only attempt to not let him use this website as an additional tool to build trust and reputation.

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 am 

I think there's another possibility; she's tired of running.  eBay has changed the way it runs transactions, and it's more buyer friendly than before in my opinion.   If she wants to continue making money on eBay, then it's possible she's calculated that doing it "honestly" is the best method.  Plus, she already has her collection, so that isn't driving her any more.  And collections aren't as fun if you can't share them with fellow admirers.

If that's the case, then she still isn't welcome here in my opinion.  If she asks for forgiveness, which clearly she hasn't, then that's possibly another factor worth considering.  If she's the same person, and it sure seems that way, then not only has she stolen, she's now attempting deception, revealing she remains a wolf in sheep's clothing.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am 

Ironically enough, I haven't been around for a few months due to RL stuff, but I come back just in time for this?   :lol:

I'm not sure it matters much, but I have no doubt that it's the same individual.  Ignoring the fact that writing style in their communications as Foul describes is identical, they also use certain phrasing that is uncommon to say the least.  

For example, this "new" seller just received a bunch of negatives a few months ago from a buyer.  Not only did the "new" seller respond to all of them just like the previous incarnations did, they also used the phrase, "did me dirty".

From shewolf_626:  "    Reply by she_wolf626 (Oct-28-17 15:42):
   Would NOT ship to alternate Address. A SELLER of D&D - tried to do me dirty!!"

They used it frequently in their other incarnations, but thanks to Ebay's "genius" idea of completely removing all seller related negative feedback, I was not able to locate as many there, as  would have hoped, but I did find some:

" Reply by the_eastern_treasure_chest!! (Mar-23-03 07:02):
   Caring for mother and then Personaly being in the HOSPITAL myself?Thats dirty :("

"    Reply by the_eastern_treasure_chest!! (Feb-14-03 08:43):
   THANKS ROB! The GUY ABOVE HAS WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO DO ME DIRTY??"

"    Reply by the_eastern_treasure_chest!! (Feb-14-03 08:45):
   NO PROBLEM!! THE PERSON ABOVE. HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEIR PROBLEM WAS? THATS DIRTY!"

"    Reply by the_game_emporium (Apr-22-04 15:33):
   That's DIRTY!! I shipped the Items out TWICE!! Will Never Deal with AGAIN!!"

"    Reply by lisas_stuff_too (Nov-18-09 16:23):
   ABOVE Person was sent $5 to return Item for FULL REFUND Bid just to do me DIRTY!"

"    Reply by pawpaw71 (May-29-13 12:19):
   YOUR New-or JUST Being Dirty? Not for sale in Stores. ALL Sellers sell these!??"

Also, while looking, I found when Foul posted here an email that he received long ago in the old ETC thread for the individual claiming to be "the_game_emporium".

"I feel its REALLY GUTLESS if you and anyone else that does not even know me to Compare me to someone I've never even Heard of! Yea that's right I'm the Game Emporium! And was finally told by someone, who DOES know me. What he was seeing on the  acaeum. Who the HELL is The Eastern Treasure Chest..and what do you mean my replies to Feedback!! I thought that was a Nice way to let people know I cared about what they thought. If you got something to say!!! SAY IT!! Dont talk behind my back like a bunch of Worms! Sorry if this sounds Harsh..But I'm pretty Pissed off, and if the shoe was on the other Foot you would be as WELL! Just who is that memeber your talking about...and why the heck am I being singled out! I wondered why you would not Reply to my Emails? That's dirty! That is totall Bull Shit..and Pass it on!! I get hit with a Problem and suddenly I'm a Crook!?? Know I now why Everyone seemed to Jump at the Chance to BASH my feedback, when the Problem did come up! That's DIRTY as HELL...talking and Spreading totally unfounded Rumors. Slander is what I'm going after...and I'll PROVE IT AS WELL!! Because I watching it all, and writing down EVERY user Id I see, that has made such an unfounded remark! Please explain to me what the Hell is going on? Would you like me to Start Bashing you!!? I think not! I dont even know you...and you dont know me!! So whats Up!!?? I WILL be contacting my Laywer and ANYONE else I need to. You would not even Respond to my Collecting and Values Question...but yet you FREELY let people use YOUR SIGHT to Bash my NAME!! I dont think so!! You had better address this Problem Immediately! OR I will cause you a Massive Headache! I didn't ask for this crap! I want something done about it, and I mean Yesterday!"

Even for long time professional scammers, old habits are hard to break.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 59 of 64123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 626364