ETC/GAME EMP/jonb7839,lisas_stuff_too! is now she_wolf626
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 57 of 64123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 626364
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:48 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:How do I block a person?

Managing bidders and buyers

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 pm 

Very odd exchange with the following Ebay buyer. They are from Virginia, so I decided to post it here. You might want to block the following:

Theanimal1988

They bought some items, declared they were damaged, and sent them back. I told them I would send a replacement, but when I got the items, they were in perfect shape (I mean, not a mark, scratch, ding, or crease on them).  I decided to refund him fully and end it there.  May have no connection with our friend, but being in Virginia, you never know....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:16 pm 

What city/town is Theanimal1988 in?  May help to see if there is a connection.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:44 pm 

Badmike wrote:Very odd exchange with the following Ebay buyer. They are from Virginia, so I decided to post it here. You might want to block the following:

Theanimal1988

"Theanimal1988" should actually be "theanimal1988" in order for the block to work.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:23 am 

TheHistorian wrote:What city/town is Theanimal1988 in?  May help to see if there is a connection.

City is Arlington, VA, and the name is "Edwin".  I don't want to give out all this person's info just in case they are legit. But the transaction was really odd.  The person emailed me that their order was really beaten up and they wanted a refund. I offered a replacement and told them they could keep the items. They announced they had already mailed it back, but still wanted a replacement, and also asked if I could send back the damaged copies.

When I got the items yesterday, they were in perfect condition. Zero damage.  Really odd.  I refunded them completely and now I'm debating whether or not I should send them a replacement when the original items were in the exact same condition.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:40 am 

That's very far from where the many-named-wonder operates - whole other side of the state.  It doesn't seem related to me.  Undoubtedly weird though.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:That's very far from where the many-named-wonder operates - whole other side of the state.  It doesn't seem related to me.  Undoubtedly weird though.

That sounds like a scam.  Buy bad books, buy good books, claim damage on good books, send back bad books, and get a refund or replacement.

But I am always suspicious of unusual requests and problems . . .

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 pm 

This "our" gal again?

eBay listings

Same caps, same overuse of the word "RARE", Virginia address (though this time Virginia Beach). Or am I just paranoid?

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:15 pm 

Again, far from the stomping grounds "she" was in previously.  Not that someone can't move, but based on what we know, I don't think so.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm 

You're probably right. I'll take a chance :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:26 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:This "our" gal again?

eBay listings

Same caps, same overuse of the word "RARE", Virginia address (though this time Virginia Beach). Or am I just paranoid?

I contacted this seller.
I have NO DOUBT this is NOT the same person that is the brunt of this thread.

I sent an e-Mail trying to help him correct his listings for Maps and Books for Judges Guild items.
Seller thanked me but added that some listings could not be fixed since they had already had bids placed.

Sad really since there are many complete sets that are not in the same listings.
Could have made a lot more money from those Judges Guild sets.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 pm 

Too bad you couldn't have suggested that the person not use CAPSLOCK so much...   :lol:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T HAVE SUGGESTED THAT THE PERSON NOT USE CAPSLOCK SO MUCH...   :lol:

Fixed!  :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:This "our" gal again?

eBay listings

I contacted this seller and advised him to cancel his Judges Guild listings and rearrange them so that the maps match the publications.

As it stands, he has the maps scattered everywhere.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am 

Be Warned, this jackass is back on Ebay posting under another name: joeknows93

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long story short to the newbies, he is a shady dealer of the utmost shadiness. Been ripping people off online for nigh on a decade, easy to spot because of his distinctive listing style (lots of exclamation points,  boldface, stating everything as RARE) and location (near or at Wytheville, Virginia). Avoid.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:00 pm 

Badmike wrote:Be Warned, this jackass is back on Ebay posting under another name: joeknows93

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long story short to the newbies, he is a shady dealer of the utmost shadiness. Been ripping people off online for nigh on a decade, easy to spot because of his distinctive listing style (lots of exclamation points,  boldface, stating everything as RARE) and location (near or at Wytheville, Virginia). Avoid.

Mike B.

thanks for pointing this out. I ran across some of these listings recently and I remember noting the Wytheville location. Anything from Virginia now for me is a question mark unfortunately because of this person(s).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:54 am 

Interesting that new details are coming out though, surely the US police would be interested? Not sure how they feel about this over there though..

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 pm 

Just stumbled across joeknows93 in Wytheville so checked here to make sure. I was almost tempted to bid on the Cthulhu Dieties Demigods book he's listed, but wouldn't now.

Thought the town and name rang a bell from recently

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 57 of 64123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 626364